Vets And Clinics

Staff'n'Toller

I love that the vet I work for has sunken scales covered by a mat in the waiting room , my dog is petrified of scales and wrestling with him whiletrying to get an accurate weight is no fun but with these he doesn't even know they are there

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with all the 'likes' and 'dislikes' already mentioned but I just wanted to add something I read in our local paper the other day. There was a letter from a family who nearly lost their house recently in the Gerogery bushfire the week before Christmas. The letter was thanking all the people who had helped them afterwards and one part was thanking my vet who had treated their dogs after the fire and not charged them a cent.

I agree with all the 'likes' and 'dislikes' already mentioned but I just wanted to add something I read in our local paper the other day. There was a letter from a family who nearly lost their house recently in the Gerogery bushfire the week before Christmas. The letter was thanking all the people who had helped them afterwards and one part was thanking my vet who had treated their dogs after the fire and not charged them a cent.

You'll probably find there were quite a few clinics that treated burns victims pro bono, a couple of the major wholesalers also set up a fund whereby inner suburbs clinics could donate cash, and those clinics treating bushfire victims could order exactly what they needed in the way of supplies (bandages, creams, IV fluids etc.) from the proceeds of the funds, so it was pretty awesome. :rofl:

My fav thing about my vets is that they don't assume they know more about my dogs then me. We talk about treatments in terms of what will suit the dog, not what a textbook says. One vet even recommended ditching biscuts in favour of raw :rofl: .

My old girl had a cardiac arrest the last time she was put under (at 10 and at another vet) and when I expressed this concern to my vets they really worked around that to find another treatment.

I am on first name terms with 3 of the vets since Toby broke his leg and was there every week for a couple of months.

The absolute best thing they have done for me is that the vet took the time to research Chesapeake Bay Retrievers and was well informed when I walked through the door with Linclon for my appointment (who she loved even though he peed 3 times and did a poo ;) )

Edited by valleywa

I love that my vet:

- knows my dogs history inside out, especially Darcy who is a problematic child...

- is available 24/7, any issues I just call his mobile

- has nurses that know my dogs...I think Darcy helped to cement that

- won't push food products, vax protocols on me etc

- got so excited when I got Morgan as he had never seen a Field before

- bend over backwards every time Darcy comes in - hes very popular there. He gets so excited every time we visit even though hes had some not so pleasant experiences there