Things You Never Thought You Would Do Before

Bubitty

It is 8.25 am. I am sitting on a chair with a loose sock on my foot, foot dangling and wiggling in the air, clicking and treating every time my dog bites the sock!

If someone told me I'd be doing this 10 yrs ago I'd tell them they were crazy!

What weird situations have you found yourself in with your dogs? What stuff have you had to do that you NEVER thought you would do?

I also squeeze poo! Before I pick it up I squeeze it to check that Bubby is not constipated!

Edited by Bub

If your dog is pooing Bub, he isn't constipated. :grouphug:

Ok you got me there! ;) I worry about the really hard crumbly poos! So I squeeze them and rate them from 1-5 with 5 being the hardest and if he poos a 4-5, its more pureed veg for dinner!

Ok you got me there! ;) I worry about the really hard crumbly poos! So I squeeze them and rate them from 1-5 with 5 being the hardest and if he poos a 4-5, its more pureed veg for dinner!

Dog poo is meant to be hard and crumbly Bub.. it shows a good quantity of bone in it.

That reminds me of a lawyers question to a witness: How could you tell the victim was dead? Pathologist: Because his brain was in a dish on the bench.

I have to say that when I see a foster poo for the first time, I go racing down to see if there are any wrigglies in it ;)

Dog poo is meant to be hard and crumbly Bub.. it shows a good quantity of bone in it.

Vet says it should be firm but leave a slight mark on the ground when picked up and that crumbly is too hard.

What trick are you teaching B with the sock dangling off your foot? ;)

I'm guessing she's trying to get Bub to remove her socks. It could be a handy skill for an assistance dog??? In this household, it would just mean that nobody's feet are safe, so it's not a trick I would be teaching!

What trick are you teaching B with the sock dangling off your foot? ;)

I am teaching her to take off my socks GR!

Mooper: I feel like you do about opening cupboards! Opening cupboards and getting something for me would be neat but not sure I want her to know how to open cupboards!

Edited by Bub

Well on the subject of poo....

I never thought I would be running around after my dog to pull a little bit out that is attached to a hair (often mine) and so wont fall off thier bum!! I dont feel their poo but I can look at it and identify who did it!!

I didnt think my first car would be a tucson.... I went looking for a getz but it just wasnt going to fit the dogs in it!

This morning, I was waiting for Sash to finish pooing so that I could finish Poo Patrol... she must have eaten grass and a grassy dag got caught half way in and half way out. Well, Sash obviously didn't learn much from her mother and didn't learn about dragging her bum... so she got very scared at this foreign object hanging out her bum and went racing around the yard and spinning in circles trying to get away from it, and trying to get it off... she was hysterical.

So, I went and got some paper towel and once I got her still I pulled out chunks of grass from her bum... Let me tell you, between having my nose too close to her pooey bum and pulling chunks of long stringy things out of it... I had to fight the urge to vomit.

Nope, never thought I'd be doing that when I got a dog...

Then again, I never thought I'd be a poo inspector either... but when you have a dog with an easily upset tummy, sometimes it's the only way to know what's going on - so the consistency of each poo gets investigated before removal.

:laugh:

Edited by Kelly_Louise

This morning, I was waiting for Sash to finish pooing so that I could finish Poo Patrol... she must have eaten grass and a grassy dag got caught half way in and half way out. Well, Sash obviously didn't learn much from her mother and didn't learn about dragging her bum... so she got very scared at this foreign object hanging out her bum and went racing around the yard and spinning in circles trying to get away from it, and trying to get it off... she was hysterical.

Knuckles did that a few times a couple of weeks ago! The first time I had to crouch in the park, pulling the long grass tangled like a rope, hand over (plastic bag covered) hand, thinking it was a never ending. While she looked back at me miserably, I had to tell her it wasn't a barrel of monkeys for me either!

But she kept eating the long grass and came in the house one afternoon to wipe her grass-dingles on the rug! :laugh:

Luckily she missed and got the floorboards, but it was back to pulling out poo-grass-rope.

We got the picture though and trimmed the small island of remaining grass in the desert we call our backyard. :laugh:

I find most of the 'never though I would do this' thoughts are centered around the removal or cleaning up of doggie bodily waste.

And this is from someone who refused to change her niece's nappies

- Astred

I have had the same issue with Bosco a couple of times with having to remove remaining poop - He tries to do the bum rubbing on the ground thing with an astonished look on his face, but his bum never seems to reach the ground :laugh:

The only other thing really is when I am at home playing/trying to teach him tricks - I swear the neighbours think I must be nuts sometimes!

Getting up at 5am in winter to take the dogglets for a walk, stressing like crazy at the smallest itchy spot, making sure there are "enough" toys in the house to keep them entertained, and yes picking up the poo thing without any probs :)

I never thought I'd spend $10k on a dog to have it's knees fixed... and yet, when it was required for Chloe I didn't bat an eyelid.

I never thought I'd spend approx $5k per year medicating and keeping a Cushings dog well... again, didn't bat an eyelid.

I never thought I'd go to sleep curled up in (a rather large) dog kennel outside at 4am in the the middle of winter to keep Chloe company and make sure she was okay during her long months in rehabilitation.

There are many many things that I never thought I would do, but when Chloe came along all that changed :)

If your dog is pooing Bub, he isn't constipated. :rofl:

That reminds me of a lawyers question to a witness: How could you tell the victim was dead? Pathologist: Because his brain was in a dish on the bench.

I have to say that when I see a foster poo for the first time, I go racing down to see if there are any wrigglies in it :flame:

Slightly off topic, :cheer: sorry, but the lawyer story is so funny and apparently was from a real case.. :vomit: ...as quoted below from the court recorder;

Q: Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for a pulse?

A: No.

Q: Did you check for blood pressure?

Q: Did you check for breathing?

Q: So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you began the autopsy?

Q: How can you be so sure, Doctor?

A: Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar.

Q: But could the patient have still been alive, nevertheless?

A: Yes, it is possible that he could have been alive and practicing law somewhere.

Sorry for stealing the thread, hope you have a good laugh. :rofl:

Love the lawyer joke.

We normally get the dog washer out to wash the dogs, but decided to do it ourselves as fleas are really bad atm.

I never thought eight years ago that I would be sitting in a bath with a Siberian Husky, not once but four times. :cheer:

ETA So as not to give a horrible mental picture, I had swimmers on.

Edited by mysticpaw