Urgent Question...

Kelly_Louise

Having cameras put up finally to ensure Sasha's safety against the pigs next door (of the human kind - I'd rather the animal kind any day though)... but just wanted to know if it's possible to get them that have sound as well... or if it is even legal to have surveillance cameras with sound too attached to the house (looking in own yard only but along the fenceline)?

Having cameras put up finally to ensure Sasha's safety against the pigs next door (of the human kind - I'd rather the animal kind any day though)... but just wanted to know if it's possible to get them that have sound as well... or if it is even legal to have surveillance cameras with sound too attached to the house (looking in own yard only but along the fenceline)?

Why do you want to have Audio as well as Video recording?

Why do you want to have Audio as well as Video recording?

I would assume so she would be able to hear (and perhaps later, prove) that the neighbours were taunting the dog, you know, calling it, making noises to make it bark at them etc.

Mainly because they bash along the fence to make her bark and torment her - they also call her over. If there is no audio we won't be able to detect that - but if it isn't possible then it isn't possible.

I will most likely be able to tell from her body language - but I would like evidence, that's all. Certainly not to listen to their idiotic drivel that's for sure :laugh:

Thank you for your thoughts... I've just been pushed a little too far this time, and want to make sure my fur babies and any nieces/nephews that visit don't have to come into contact with things such as used condoms flung over the fence, having alcohol cans thrown at the house and over the fence, have lit cigarettes flicked over - apart from them tormenting Sasha etc.

It's just not on anymore - and the police don't feel they can do much right now :laugh:

It will all be over when I win lotto and can buy a property far, far away from any neighbours :laugh:

Yes unfortunately there seems to be a healthy supply of bad neighbours around... and I too feel I have no other choice.

I'm so glad in times like these that Chloe lives with mum... it would just be too much for her here. Even though she has problems with her own neighbour.

It's hard for Sasha... she is still learning not to be afraid etc, and it doesn't help with these people carrying on like they do.

My sister in law also just had to do the same thing. :laugh:

They're everywhere. They should make idiot free zones in each neighbourhood.

There are a wide range of camera and audio euqipment available, and not that expensive.

You will need to have it all out of their reach, and once they become aware of it, may attempt to damage it.

As long as it isnt directed into their yard, where they could complain about privacy and is along your fence line you shouldnt have any issues.

You do realy need audio as well ,as evidence.

I would worry about a bait being thrown over the fence.People like this often dont stop at anything to get their own back.

You need only watch current affair type programmes.

My god, I cannot believe there is people out there like that, I thought our drunken hoon neighbours were bad. I cannot express how disgusted I am with the fact that there is people like this in the world, what kind of planet did they come from and I agree about having idiot free zones in neighbourhoods LOL ferals like your neighbours should have to pass a neighbour test and clearly they would fail and be kicked out :)

Do they rent or do they own the house, maybe if they rent you could find out what real estate they are renting through. Just a thought but Im sure you or someone else has already mentioned that. Especially if it has escalated far enough to have the police involved.

I feel for you, I really do. I hope it all works out :grouphug:

No they're not renting - they own their own home - they are just spoilt little rich kids with no manners, no consideration, no respect - and think they are the only people that matter and can do as they please. I should also add, they apparently can not handle their alcohol either...

Maybe because their Daddy doesn't live with them they think it gives them the right to do as they please... I'm not sure. But I wish he did so that he could pull their spoilt a$$es into line.

Majority of the time they are bareable... JUST... but I can tolerate it. It's when their mother isn't there that chaos breaks loose, the hordes arrive, and they get the courage to act up in numbers. And I might add, these kids are actually classed as adults now (most of them 18+ years old) - but just have no idea how to behave like responsible adults. They obviously need supervision - otherwise they just become out of control ferals.

I have thought about baits being thrown over, or even something that will make her sick... hence the need for cameras. I don't like having to do it, but will do what I have to do to protect my fur baby and family. They do have a dog of their own which is very much loved - so I don't think that they would resort to that... the other people they entertain there, well I can't say.

I'm still debating whether to go and speak to their mother and show her what happened - in a rational manner, my intense anger has now subsided so I'm not going to go and rip into them. OH says not to, however, I need to do something. I'd also like to give them the courtesy of knowing that the cameras are going up - even if it's just so they pull their heads in.

After a few other incidents last year, things were going really well. They were annoying, but not harmful. However, with this latest party and the utter grottiness - I think we've hit rock bottom.

Thanks for your thoughts and support guys. I appreciate it, helps me know I'm not over-reacting or being irrational. :)

Thank you for your thoughts... I've just been pushed a little too far this time, and want to make sure my fur babies and any nieces/nephews that visit don't have to come into contact with things such as used condoms flung over the fence, having alcohol cans thrown at the house and over the fence, have lit cigarettes flicked over - apart from them tormenting Sasha etc.

It's just not on anymore - and the police don't feel they can do much right now :)

It will all be over when I win lotto and can buy a property far, far away from any neighbours :grouphug:

Goodness! I thought I had a bad neighbour, but at least they mind their own business for the most part. They just have an out of control agressive dog, and not much sympathy about it *rolls eyes*. Can't imagine going through all that, though! Hope it settles down for you soon.