Do Your Dog/s Reflect Their Sex?

Pollywaffle

People are constantly confusing Kivi for a girl. It doesn't help that you can't actually see his bits. He's got a pretty male look to his head and shoulders these days, but he totally acts like a girl. "I need a cuddle. Erik's being mean to me. Eeeww, water! I loves my toys." Plus he kisses Erik on the top of the head. I kid you not.

Erik is a boy through and through. But he's still quite young and puppyish. My mum has a little Vallhund we all call a man dog. He tends to strut, amble, and when he says he wants Jill's meal he expects her to let him have it! He has a self-contained air to him that just seems very male.

My two are typical of a lot of greyhounds - male is a sooky la la and hides behind me a lot of the time - female is a pain in the ar$e, a bossy cow, and we don't call her Satan's Sister for nothing!

Patch is very much a sooky greyhound boy, but Lilly is just not what I thought a bitch would be. She's extremely affectionate (too much at times), sweet and a bundle of fun - and she also has to be with you all the time. If I go out to put washing on the line she has to come along. She does have her 'bitch' moments with Oscar - she won't share a toy whereas Patch will play tug of war with Oscar all the time but she will tell Oscar off if he tries to play like that with her.

Oscar gets called a girl all the time (and he can be a little wuss). One obedience instructor constantly referred to Oscar as 'she', I would have thought the name alone would have been an indicator :dunno: I guess being little and prancy he could be mistaken for a girl.

Froggy my tan staffy girl ALWAYS gets called a boy, she plays rough and marks her territory, the only girly thing about her is the way she wraps her front legs around my neck and hugs me when I get down on my knees.

Stimpy is very delicate and girly, Chevy is just a big boofer boy.

One of my male greyhounds, Ryan, is on the small size, and is very 'pretty' looking and people always think he is a girl. He also has a very soft, gentle and friendly nature. He often gets bossed around by foster dogs, and if anyone is going to get 'humped' it is poor Ryan. Sometimes I wonder if it is possible for a dog to be gay!

One of my male greyhounds, Ryan, is on the small size, and is very 'pretty' looking and people always think he is a girl. He also has a very soft, gentle and friendly nature. He often gets bossed around by foster dogs, and if anyone is going to get 'humped' it is poor Ryan. Sometimes I wonder if it is possible for a dog to be gay!

A 'gay' dog..that brings in a whole new gender issue...

Yep, China is a bitch - through and through. Her daughter is a cow so does this count :rofl:

Well, that sounds as though your 'girl's have got the female attributes covered! Are there any 'bitches' out there who are loving and nurturing - as all good women should be?

Yes, my Leah is like that. :rofl: She's the biggest snuggler and the sweetest girl - she'd love to be cuddled all day. She's been a mum a couple of times and according to her breeder, was really good at it, which I can just imagine. :laugh:

Yep, China is a bitch - through and through. Her daughter is a cow so does this count :)

Well, that sounds as though your 'girl's have got the female attributes covered! Are there any 'bitches' out there who are loving and nurturing - as all good women should be?

Yes, my Leah is like that. :) She's the biggest snuggler and the sweetest girl - she'd love to be cuddled all day. She's been a mum a couple of times and according to her breeder, was really good at it, which I can just imagine. :)

My Bitty is a feral banshee but she is soooooooooo loving! Absolutely thrives on pats and cuddles! Not a single b*tchy bone in her body! And I was so worried that if I got a female dog she would not be loving!

Yep, China is a bitch - through and through. Her daughter is a cow so does this count :)

Yes, my Leah is like that. :) She's the biggest snuggler and the sweetest girl - she'd love to be cuddled all day. She's been a mum a couple of times and according to her breeder, was really good at it, which I can just imagine. :)

My Bitty is a feral banshee but she is soooooooooo loving! Absolutely thrives on pats and cuddles! Not a single b*tchy bone in her body! And I was so worried that if I got a female dog she would not be loving!

Get another female dog and watch the dynamic change. :) They don't call em bitches for nothing!

My sweet little girl is a proper dragon if she's got a more submissive bitch to boss around. :)

Edited by poodlefan

Get another female dog and watch the dynamic change. ;) They don't call em bitches for nothing!

My sweet little girl is a proper dragon if she's got a more submissive bitch to boss around. :)

Really??? Cuz her mother and grandmother are really sweet and they LOVE each other! Not a single mean bone! Plus when she was down at the breeders, her best buddy was her litter sister!

Mind you Bitty is a right pest! A b*tch she is not but a pest she definitely is! :)

No. Poor Spencer is always being mistaken for a girl :) He wears a black studded collar to make him appear a bit more macho, but alas, the girl comments continue.

I suppose he does act like a bit of a lady sometimes. A classic example is when the trainer that taught our class at the dog club was leaving. Someone in the class made a cake for the dogs. It was a carrot cake with cream cheese icing and liver sprinkles. All of the dogs got a piece, and of course they all hoovered their cake in about two seconds. I remember laughing at a dobermann with icing all over his face. And then someone says, "haha look at Spencer!". I look down to see my boy carefully licking off the icing and delicately nibbling his piece of cake :)

No. Poor Spencer is always being mistaken for a girl :) He wears a black studded collar to make him appear a bit more macho, but alas, the girl comments continue.

I suppose he does act like a bit of a lady sometimes. A classic example is when the trainer that taught our class at the dog club was leaving. Someone in the class made a cake for the dogs. It was a carrot cake with cream cheese icing and liver sprinkles. All of the dogs got a piece, and of course they all hoovered their cake in about two seconds. I remember laughing at a dobermann with icing all over his face. And then someone says, "haha look at Spencer!". I look down to see my boy carefully licking off the icing and delicately nibbling his piece of cake :)

That just creates such a lovely picture for a Friday arvo...a dog with manners - how wonderful

Gila...

My boy is nothing like me- lumbering, running into things and not stopping to check the damage, reckless behaviour, but a total mummy's boy :)

I have only ever had male dogs and have often wondered what it would be like to have a female dog.. maybe i'll try it one day!!

Diva is my third dog, my BIL have another three who live with us from time to time. They are/were all male except Diva and based on observation, I find her the most emotional. She has her moods and shows it with a lot of facial expressions and body language, not forgetting the whinges. None of the other boys was moody.