Allow Me To Introduce Myself......

SeeGee

Biiiiiiiiiiig walk down newly discovered pathway - check :laugh:

Charlie loving being on newly discovered pathway - check :laugh:

Discovering our dog park is on newly discovered pathway - AWESOME :laugh:

Helping someone get their big doggie out of the gate without letting other doggies out at the same time - check ;)

Losing grip of Charlies lead (we were on the outside of the park already as we were leaving) whilst helping other dog owner - FAIL :rofl:

Freezing in shock as Charlie ran off (lead trailing after him) the calling out like an idiot damsel in distress "somebody help me" - FAIL :rofl:

Watching helplessly (still frozen) as another kind dog owner cajooled him back - check for the nice person helping, FAIL to me :eek:

Walking away from the dog park until I was out of sight so I could sit down and cry - FAIL :p :cry:

What type of loser FREEZES and calls for someone else to help....?????????

I cannot believe I did this.

:rofl: :rofl: :laugh::rofl::clap::banghead: :banghead: :cry::laugh:

*Vent and self loathing complete*

*edit: I should probably explain that Charlie is everything to me. We don't have kids, and he is kinda it for us and if anything ever happened to him I just don't know what I would do :cry: lol @ me crying again! I feel like such a loser today!!

Edited by jacquilee81

It can be scary when they escape! I don't freeze but I can get a bit hysterical :banghead: The best confidence builder for me has been working to get as solid a recall as possible :laugh: Daisy got out a couple of months ago and ran straight onto the road - I called our special drive training recall word and she can right back to me as fast as she could and even did a nice front too :banghead: to say I was relieved is an understatement!

Edited by huski

Oops ... not a good day hey :banghead:

That sounds almost as good as me when my dog broken his sit/stay (no leash on) before he was about to hop in the back of my brothers car. I yelled out his name to call him back ... only to remember I have absolutely no voice and his name comes out as a tiny squeak ... and then run out to grab him (trying to call him name) and then again trying to apologise to some poor woman who was walking past at the time with her dog only have nothing at all come out at this time. My boy just wanted to say hello but he definitely should not have left his sit/stay.

Thank you all........just a little shaken still lol.

I think I will do as Huski has suggested (funny that :laugh: ) and work on our recall... If Charlies' training is solid, I have no reason to panic, I will just KNOW what to do......

Thank you everyone :grouphug:

Oh no jacquilee! You poor thing! At least when you froze, you still managed to find your voice so someone knew to catch your dog. It's just the worst feeling and you're so full of dread that sometimes, as with any terrifying experience, your body just doesn't do what you know it should do. Big hugs to you, I'm so glad that your dog is none the worse for wear. :grouphug:

really reliable recall by Leslie Nelson

http://www.dogwise.com/ItemDetails.cfm?ID=DTB810P

for those scary moments when the dog clears off without you.

My dog craps when I'm not paying attention. Not usually dangerous, Always Very Embarrassing if someone else has to point it out to me. Most frequently happens when I'm picking up some stranger's dog's karma crap - the crap you pick up because otherwise you will be the one that steps in it.

What type of loser FREEZES and calls for someone else to help....?????????

I cannot believe I did this.

Don't be hard on yourself. I think you did the right thing in calling out for help. Once your doggie was up, up & away, it's likely he'd take a stranger's interest in him as a great social conquest. And be happy to be caught.

So glad it worked out for your both. And good on the person who helped you.

I know exactly what you mean about feeling distressed to even think about something happening to your dog. When I have a nightmare, it's not about monsters or anything....it's always about one of our dogs being lost & I can't find it.