Is It A Puppy Thing Or Is She Going To Remain Like This?

Bubitty

Hi Folks

Just have a question as Bitty is my first pup. She is a REALLY happy puppy! OH calls her “Sunshine and Rainbows” because this is how she is. Always happy, always looks like she’s having the time of her life.

I’m just wondering if this is a puppy thing (are puppies happier than older dogs?) or is this her personality?

I mean my older boy is not a sad dog, but he’s fairly normal/mellow in attitude whereas this little girl is always enjoying life and just so………………..cheerful about everything! We are wondering how long we will be able to enjoy this for! We think its one of her best traits.

Anyone have a pup like this who grew up and stayed the same?

YAY!!!!!!!!!! Squeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! :thumbsup:

I was worried it was just a puppy thing because I have read somewhere that puppies REALLY enjoy life!

Most Goldies I've met are pretty cheerful.. that waving tail seems to be breed feature. That and the slime on tennis balls. :(

I have a whippet who is still really playful, like she actually has a sense of humour, and she is nearly 11. She is still very fit and active too.

I hope your sunshine and rainbows girl stays that way, how old is she now?

Edited by Kirislin

I have a whippet who is still really playful, like she actually has a sense of humour, and she is nearly 11. She is still very fit and active too.

I hope your sunshine and rainbows girl stays that way, how old is she now?

She’s only 8.5 months so that’s why I thought it was a puppy thing!

I just think all woofa's have different personalities!

I mean benson was a happy go lucky puppy, but he is a bitter twist old boy due to having injections twice weekly etc and I truely believe he is only really happy when he gets to go running around at the dog park stealing other dogs toys or beating up Lughie at home and stealing his toys :thumbsup: But Lughie is completely the opposite. Everything is the most joyous thing ever, breakfast = the best thing ever, coming inside = the best thing ever, sit at my feet getting a pat = the best thing ever, seing his lead = the best thing ever, getting in the car = the best thing ever, going to beach = the best thing ever, getting home = the best thing ever, dinner= the best thing ever and coming in again for the night = the best thing ever! :(

Edited by First Time Puppy Owner

FTPO: Lughie sounds exactly like Bitty! I think she walks around with a permanent: “Good day to you! I am enjoying life! Are you? You ought to be!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! It’s nice to be a Bitty!!!!!!!! That’s me!!!! Squeeeeeeeeeeee”

Nessa is like this. We say she has little birdies instead of a brain :) She is ridiculously happy.

:)

that is brilliant.

:D It gets frustrating at times though because she has no idea how big she is, and although she's not huge (23kg), she uses all her weight when she plays or jumps etc. Maybe I'm just jealous that she clearly has nothing to stress about? LOL. She also says hi to new people (including judges!) with an attitude like "HIIIIII I just met you but you're my new best friend!! Weeehhheeeeee. I love you" ;) At least she now keeps her 4 feet on the ground in the ring but can't stop the body wiggle.

Oh, and she's 17 months :D

Edited by SpikesPuppy

FTPO: Lughie sounds exactly like Bitty! I think she walks around with a permanent: “Good day to you! I am enjoying life! Are you? You ought to be!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! It’s nice to be a Bitty!!!!!!!! That’s me!!!! Squeeeeeeeeeeee”

:) She sounds adorable!

You know I kind of like having my 'Chalk' and 'Cheese' Golden Boys - makes life interesting that's for sure! ;)

Sounds like Benson. He's my big happy doofus, he's always got a grin on his face and everything is fun. He has such a fabulous temperament, and everyone is his very best friend.

He is almost three. The only thing that's really calmed down as he's gotten older is the jump up on greeting (thank god!), but now he greets you with his whole body wiggling in absolute delight, even if he only saw you 5 minutes ago.

Jack turned 4 in November - he was a happy pup and he's a happy dog. Full of life and always with a smile on his face - a big boofhead I don't think he'll ever change.

And you wouldn't want him to. Benson is such a delight with his sunny, happy ways. He hates the dogwash, but he submits to it and grins happily while I lather him up and rinse him off, and gobbles up treats as I give them to him.

Miss Dusty, on the other hand, has definite views on that damn wash-monster and she lets us know how she feels in no uncertain terms. She is extremely unhappy about getting into it, and the expressions on her face are anything BUT sunny. As for treats, she just spits them out the side of her mouth. And this is a dog that LOVES treats. The last time we bathed her, my husband was practically on the ground rolling with laughter at the looks she was giving me.

She is a sweet girl, but she definitely doesn't share Bensons optimistic view of the world and everything in it.