Volunteer Suggestions

SmoothieGirl

I am sponsored by work to spend two days a year volunteering my services/labour to a community benefitting cause. Some people sort food and clothing for the homeless or make/paint toys for disadvantaged kids and some people do things like volunteer at the RSPCA or the Lost Dogs Home.

Me being me, I also want to volunteer to a doggy or animal based organisation, but which one? I live in Melbourne, can travel to get there and I'm pretty active and mobile. Does anyone have any suggestions?

The Lost Dogs and Lort Smith are close to me, but I'm not settled on either of those at this stage.

I don't want this to turn into an organisation bashing thread, as all I want to do is help out where I can and perhaps make even one pooch's day a little brighter.

Does anyone know if GAP Vic takes volunteers? It doesn't have to be working with the animals directly either by the way.

Right, I'll leave it with you., back to work.

I am sponsored by work to spend two days a year volunteering my services/labour to a community benefitting cause. Some people sort food and clothing for the homeless or make/paint toys for disadvantaged kids and some people do things like volunteer at the RSPCA or the Lost Dogs Home.

Me being me, I also want to volunteer to a doggy or animal based organisation, but which one? I live in Melbourne, can travel to get there and I'm pretty active and mobile. Does anyone have any suggestions?

The Lost Dogs and Lort Smith are close to me, but I'm not settled on either of those at this stage.

I don't want this to turn into an organisation bashing thread, as all I want to do is help out where I can and perhaps make even one pooch's day a little brighter.

Does anyone know if GAP Vic takes volunteers? It doesn't have to be working with the animals directly either by the way.

Right, I'll leave it with you., back to work.

We would love to have you volunteer at one of our promotions - even pick up and transport a foster dog to the promotion, then take it home again afterwards - but they are always on at weekends.

28th Feb is the next one. if you are intereted pm me.

Annie

Lort Smith Animal Hospital is a great place to Volunteer.

You start off your mornings doing the dishes and helping with the cleans, once that is done you are free to do TLC with the cats and dogs.

You can take the dogs for walks, take them down to the basement to do agility with them.

It is really rewarding.

Just a suggestion :)

Lort Smith Animal Hospital - Volunteering

Yes, we do! We love having volunteers come to our kennels. We generally have around 60 greyhounds here. Volunteers usually take dogs out for a walk, groom them and wash them. We are open every day except for Sunday :)