Bedding

SparkyTansy

When i bought a couple of tuffy toys for my horror head chewer, i asked the designer if they had thought about doing dog beds, as i was impressed at the quality of the toys (and yes they are still alive). She told me no, as there was someone else doing a perfectly good "tuff beds". She then directed me to their site - where i saw this big poofy bed - filled with bean bag beans :laugh:

Can you imagine!!!!!!!

Left me shaking my head, thats for sure!

Perfect timing for this thread, Bailey is a monster at the moment and this wet weather isnt helping. She has been pulling her blankets & carpet out of her kennel and dragging them in to the rain so I have had to bin them all. I tried just carpet but she loves to pull that out and unravel it! Maybe I can masking tape the edges and staple gun it down.

Maybe your dogs are all a bit warm and would rather not have nice squishy beds at the moment? Mine are avoiding their beds at the moment. Puppy is sleeping in my tack room at the moment and I just went in to make her up a 'nice' bed. I felt the floor and it is really cool in there so left her as she was!

Just a thought.

Maybe your dogs are all a bit warm and would rather not have nice squishy beds at the moment? Mine are avoiding their beds at the moment. Puppy is sleeping in my tack room at the moment and I just went in to make her up a 'nice' bed. I felt the floor and it is really cool in there so left her as she was!

Just a thought.

I have taken everything out of her kennel so she has slept on the bare wood for the past 4 days - but I feel mean! I guess she sleeps on the concrete most of the day so she will be fine. I will try her again with just carpet in a week or so and see how she goes otherwise she can have a bare kennel!!

I think Bailey just LOVES to destroy things, lately she has been destroying anything she can get her paws on even toys she has had from birth she has suddenly torn them up. She ate an outdoor chair the other day (the fabric bit you sit on)!

Also she used to never bury things, now she buries everything (bones, pigs ears, chicken wings)

She is a monster - but I love her!

If it's your own dog and the little bugger sleeps on the floor anyway . . . just take the bed away and don't worry about it. In a kennel we have to show we are giving the dog a choice. But if 'bed' = toy and floor = bed, why bother. In summer many of my personal dogs won't get on a bed ... preferably seek out a hole they have dug under the rosemary bush where the retic system keeps the sand moist.