Cccq Website

Russkie30

Ok I am really concerned that when you go to the Canine control Council of Qld website, it has google ads, yes I know google ads are computer generated but it makes a mockery out of the Organisation when it has google ads that are advertising puppy farms. I for one do not pay my membership for them to advertise puppy farms. I have sent them an email a week or so ago saying don't know if you realised this but you are advertising puppy farms by having google ads. Nothing its still up. :laugh: I have expressed my concerns as well to such a poor website in this day and age. I am assuming that maybe a new website should will be launched with the new branding campaign of Dogs Qld.

We used to have the Google ads on the MDBA website but cancelled out for this same reason. We were not only getting ads for puppy farms but Lonely Hearts organizations, Sexual related stuff etc which we felt was not only confrontational to many but also totally unprofessional for what the site was about.

With the 'new' name they possibly have a new site currently in the pipeline.

I just spoke to them and inquired about upcoming shows in Feb and march as they're not on the web and they said the new website is nearly ready to put up.

I emailed them two weeks ago and never got a reply so I called them. Maybe call or write a letter?

I did the same thing about the schedules and they said the same thing, and I think that was more than 2 weeks ago. They did tell me a new site was going to be up on the 15th January, 2010.

I have emailed but once again I have heard nothing. I'm afraid like many things they are quick to take our money but not respond to our concerns. I will give them a call to see when the new site is coming up and hopefully there won't be any google ads up there.

I rang them yesterday to mention the adds and was told that they had tried to get rid of them but they kept comming back. They also said that the new site should be up hopfuly this week as there had been some problems with it that needed to be ironed out before it was set.

I've complained to CCCQ about many things over the years, haven't seen their website. I've never ever spoken to anyone with even a slight interest, concern etc. about anything. Who the hell do they have on the other end of the phones?? Some don't even know breed info :D

:D And I thought the Dogs West website was ugly.

It's awful isn't it? And it does feel bad saying that because likely there has been some dedicated vollunteers who have done their best to provide a website at no cost, and that is very admirable, but a proffesionaly done website really is a must these days.