K9 Force Workshop In Melboune

If Steve is going to give a talk or demonstration in training in drive I'd be interested in attending as a spectator just to soak up information. I would like to get a better understanding of this, particularly how it can be used in training quite low key soft dogs.

Training styles/methods have changed quite a bit since I trained my last dog some 16 years ago and I think it would be a valuable experience for me. I don't think I'd be inclined to bring Bronte to this session though, I would prefer to observe and absorb.

Were you at the scent detection workshop last Saturday?

Yes I was there with Miss Bronte. Which puppy was yours?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Steve is going to give a talk or demonstration in training in drive I'd be interested in attending as a spectator just to soak up information. I would like to get a better understanding of this, particularly how it can be used in training quite low key soft dogs.

Training styles/methods have changed quite a bit since I trained my last dog some 16 years ago and I think it would be a valuable experience for me. I don't think I'd be inclined to bring Bronte to this session though, I would prefer to observe and absorb.

Xanthe, the Newfoundland, and my sister was there with Lizzy, the Australian Shepherd. Are you going this Saturday? I'm going and taking Xanthe as Tamara wants a long haired dog for a grooming demo.

Xanthe, the Newfoundland, and my sister was there with Lizzy, the Australian Shepherd. Are you going this Saturday? I'm going and taking Xanthe as Tamara wants a long haired dog for a grooming demo.

No not this week. I actually have a training free weekend, it feels kind of naughty. Xanthe is lovely, she was so enthusiastic and gentle, even when she was crushing boxes. :) Probably see you at the next scent clinic though, after some practice!

No not this week. I actually have a training free weekend, it feels kind of naughty. Xanthe is lovely, she was so enthusiastic and gentle, even when she was crushing boxes. :) Probably see you at the next scent clinic though, after some practice!

It can be nice to have a free weekend occasionally. Thanks, but I'm not sure 'gentle' is a word I'd use to describe her! We've only had one practise this week as in the hot weather all she wants to do is sleep. It was much the same - I think she's a bit confused. She was OK with Stuart so I have to work out what I'm doing wrong. How are you and Bronte going?

if he is coming back down to some on Training in Drive I am there. Would love to learn more about that... I was at the last one with Pro K9. I loved it except we nearly froze to death at KCC PArk.

so i guess I am in....

Edited by Casster17

Great - thanks to everyone who has replied - looks like it will be a training in Drive workshop in the morning then private lessons in the afternoon?? Does that suit everyone?

Sounds good to me, as long as the date suits, but I seeing that I arrange my life around my animals, it should be fine. Do we have any indication of the date yet?

PP - I'll PM you rather than clogging the thread up.

if he is coming back down to some on Training in Drive I am there. Would love to learn more about that... I was at the last one with Pro K9. I loved it except we nearly froze to death at KCC PArk.

LOL .... it was a bit chilly, wasn't it? Cold enough to not forget too soon. My hands and feet were frozen like icicles for the whole weekend.

Great - thanks to everyone who has replied - looks like it will be a training in Drive workshop in the morning then private lessons in the afternoon?? Does that suit everyone?

Any chance we can do a full day for the workshop? It's a 6 hour round trip from here to KCC and back, just more worthwhile to get a full day if I can.

Any chance we can do a full day for the workshop? It's a 6 hour round trip from here to KCC and back, just more worthwhile to get a full day if I can.

I wouldn't mind a full day either.

K9: Hi Guys & thanks for your interest, as Training in drive is such an indepth topic & I am sure we would cover other topics as well, the workshop will be at least one day.

Private consults will likely be on another day, were tied up with some big changes in K9 Force right now, & organising the Adelaide workshop etc, but as soon as we get some spare time, we will be into the set up of this one :laugh: