Traffic Cones

APBT

Got my self some of those heave duty rubber traffic cones and just wondering would they be ok for a chew toy, There huge so could be cut in to strips or even left whole for the real destructive one,

Not sure of the type of rubber they use so just wondering,

its not plastic, its a real think rubber like a kong, the same traffic cones you see on the roads ect.

As far as I know they are not rubber, which is a natural product. Rather they are a flexible synthetic. But I guess different brands might be different.

There is some evidence that chemicals in those type of plastics can be ingested, and there has been a ban on children's toys being made out of flexible plastic for quite a while now.

The ingestion of those chemicals has been tenuously linked to cancer in dogs.

its not plastic, its a real think rubber like a kong, the same traffic cones you see on the roads ect.

As far as I know they are not rubber, which is a natural product. Rather they are a flexible synthetic. But I guess different brands might be different.

There is some evidence that chemicals in those type of plastics can be ingested, and there has been a ban on children's toys being made out of flexible plastic for quite a while now.

The ingestion of those chemicals has been tenuously linked to cancer in dogs.

there would be all sorts of grades ect of soft rubber, just not sure about the traffic cones

Why don't you ask the Roads Authority (eg. Vic Roads, if you're in Vic) what they are made of? I presume you acquired them on the up and up, and that you wouldn't be dobbing yourself in by asking.

Edited by Erny

Why don't you ask the Roads Authority (eg. Vic Roads, if you're in Vic) what they are made of? I presume you acquired them on the up and up, and that you wouldn't be dobbing yourself in by asking.

on the up and up? please, my uncle uses them for work.

Why risk it? Just buy your baby a black kong toy instead. Sure your doggie might be fine for now, but you wouldn't be able to say with any certainty if down the track your dog had some kind of health issue that it wasn't caused by something in the cone...

My older boy just loves traffic cones. The first night my brother took him to work with him he disappeared for about 30 minutes ... and came back dragging the biggest traffic cone I have ever seen. We never knew where he got it from but he wouldn't give it up for anything.

I remember walking him one night past some roadworks ... and having the road crew laughing at us - I turned back to see my boy trying to drag about 3 of them in his mouth. The guys gave him one which he proudly carried home.

We have about 8 of them at home over the last 7 or so years ... and have only had one destroyed ... thanks to the youngest brat.

Edited by Tilly

on the up and up? please, my uncle uses them for work.

I'm sorry. I meant no ill intent - poorly worded.

My older boy just loves traffic cones. The first night my brother took him to work with him he disappeared for about 30 minutes ... and came back dragging the biggest traffic cone I have ever seen. We never knew where he got it from but he wouldn't give it up for anything.

I remember walking him one night past some roadworks ... and having the road crew laughing at us - I turned back to see my boy trying to drag about 3 of them in his mouth. The guys gave him one which he proudly carried home.

We have about 8 of them at home over the last 7 or so years ... and have only had one destroyed ... thanks to the youngest brat.

This is the most hilariously adorable thing I've read today! :(

Why risk it? Just buy your baby a black kong toy instead. Sure your doggie might be fine for now, but you wouldn't be able to say with any certainty if down the track your dog had some kind of health issue that it wasn't caused by something in the cone...

If APBT's dogs are anything like my little dears - they eat "indestructable" black kongs in about 25 minutes. Kongs are hopeless for certain dogs :(

post-8142-1266793562_thumb.jpg

Traffic cones make great toys!!!! :eek::( This is a pic of our oldest, and he loves his toy, it amuses him for hours! :banghead::eek:

This cone is about 10 years old now and has been through many dogs as puppies / adults as well as vistors and a number of litters.

Edited by Stolzseinrotts

post-8142-1266793562_thumb.jpg

Traffic cones make great toys!!!! :rofl::laugh: This is a pic of our oldest, and he loves his toy, it amuses him for hours! :(:rofl:

This cone is about 10 years old now and has been through many dogs as puppies / adults as well as vistors and a number of litters.

Love it....what a good use for traffic cones. we use ours for training , figure eights etc. And luckily our dogs are not interested in them