Is Anyone Going To Crufts?

PAX

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrier group is up now. I'm actually surprised he didn't pull out the wheaten. Just a beautiful dog (and nice to see one with a correct coat winning).

What is WITH some of those outfits?! Some of them look like they're popping down to the shops for some milk.

I think the guy running around in his best suit and SOCKS would have to take the cake...

Yes, apparently at the most prestigious dog show in the world, you can look like a bogan. The terrier group people were the best dressed.

No, they don't film the breed classes/BOB judging, you can only see the BOB for the breeds when in the group ring. If your breed has no classes (what is it??) it may well not have a BOB.

There is actually an assortment of BOB judging videos available on YouTube at present, e.g. Bearded Collie :D

It's just a matter of searching and hoping that the breed you wish to view is there....

becks, how did you do with your dog(s)? Please share your results with us! :D

I think it was fascinating to see i believe all 4 colours awarded cc/rcc

BOBmale black/silver

RCC male white

BCC bitch black

Rcc ?bitch ?salt/pepper

Does anyone know what time group judging for gun dogs will start, GMT? Last year, I sat up till 4am Perth time to watch it lol Dunno if I can last that long again, this year. But BIS is tempting to wait up for!

ETA: I love Goldies...and I admire how much work must go into training that en masse heelwork to music routine...but could it GO ANY LONGER??

Edited by Faolmor

In Junior Handling most all of the young ladies were wearing beautiful skirt suits. The three finalists Poland, NZ and UK all looked gorgeous in their skirt suits with their dogs. No bogans in that ring. The adults need to take a fashion lesson from the youngsters!

Also, no runners to be seen! Yay!

eta: LOVED the suit worn by the young lady from NZ! The green looked STUNNING with her black & white pointer!

Edited by mersonmalinois

No mention of yogi winning BIS?? I thought you'd all be pleased with him being born in Oz!

'Havasneeze'

No, they don't film the breed classes/BOB judging, you can only see the BOB for the breeds when in the group ring. If your breed has no classes (what is it??) it may well not have a BOB.

There is actually an assortment of BOB judging videos available on YouTube at present, e.g. Bearded Collie :banghead:

It's just a matter of searching and hoping that the breed you wish to view is there....

I was talking about the official filming, not just what some spectators have done.

'showdog'

I think it was fascinating to see i believe all 4 colours awarded cc/rcc

BOBmale black/silver

RCC male white

BCC bitch black

Rcc ?bitch ?salt/pepper

BCC p/s and RBCC black

BEST OF BREED

FIN CH DJAKARTAS ISN'T IT

Dog

Owner: Ms O SELIVERSTOVA

DSCF0196.jpg

BEST PUPPY

FUNFLASH CHINOOK

Dog

Owner: MRS E HIGHLAND

DSCF0202.jpg

BITCH CHALLENGE CERTIFICATE

BRUMIST SIMPLY MAGICAL

Bitch

Owner: MR M G & MRS G M WISE

DSCF0198.jpg

RESERVE DOG CHALLENGE CERTIFICATE

MULTI CH ESPRIT IN WHITE VOM HELLA-HOF [ATC AK00904DEU]

Dog

Owner: FRAU B KUSTURIN

DSCF0194.jpg

RESERVE BITCH CHALLENGE CERTIFICATE

GLORIS X-MISSION

Bitch

Owner: Ms O SELIVERSTOVA

DSCF0200.jpg

What is WITH some of those outfits?! Some of them look like they're popping down to the shops for some milk.

I think the guy running around in his best suit and SOCKS would have to take the cake...

The green carpet is lethally slippy if you have the wrong soles on your shoes, maybe he was like this so he could move the dog safely in the ring!

As for the outfits, over here we have the attitude that it is more of a 'it's about the dog, not a fashion parade of bad taste bright suits!'

The green carpet is lethally slippy if you have the wrong soles on your shoes, maybe he was like this so he could move the dog safely in the ring!

As for the outfits, over here we have the attitude that it is more of a 'it's about the dog, not a fashion parade of bad taste bright suits!'

Hmm, when I showed there in '05 the carpet didn't seem that bad. A lot of people did wear sensible & safe shoes that were attractive.

I'm glad the junior handlers all dressed up and looked professional, tidy and perfectly framed their lovely dogs. I guess we'll just never agree on what looks good at a dog show on the humans. Yes, it's about the dogs, but that doesn't mean the handlers need to look like they just rolled out of bed, threw on some grubby jeans and dirty runners.

I wondered about the carpet, but no one else seemed to be having issues. Maybe something happened to his shoes? I can also understand about the different attitudes to what handlers wear...except that the overwhelming majority of winners were well-dressed and professional in appearance. So maybe it does count for the judges?

Go Yogi! A lovely line-up for the BIS judging.

I'm still bouncing off the walls after seeing a very special BOB win for a dog very dear to me - go JINGLES!!!!! It was about bloody time! :laugh:

No mention of yogi winning BIS?? I thought you'd all be pleased with him being born in Oz!

Hey Becks we were very proud! I started a thread for him after watching the live stream yesterday morning (bleary eyed I admit!)

I must admit I didn't really notice the outfits, but then i haven't watched all the group judging... maybe i'll notice it more once i watch more and can pay more attention to everything not just the dogs!

Becks I get that attitude, i do - but honestly there is a difference between wearing a bright outfit to get attention and wearing a nice, tidy outfit to frame your dog. The majority of people who dress at dogshows at least over here do the latter... sure you get some goudy outfits, but most of them work well for their dogs. By wearing something that is not matching, or casual, i think it draws attention in a negative way - at least in some circumstances. But again i can't really talk, i didn't notice any bad outfits because all i was looking at was the dogs (at 4.30am!)

Faolmor I am so glad for Jingles :laugh:. I can't wait to see him in the Gundog Group video along with this very lovely English Setter you keep telling me about!

Hmm, when I showed there in '05 the carpet didn't seem that bad. A lot of people did wear sensible & safe shoes that were attractive.

I'm glad the junior handlers all dressed up and looked professional, tidy and perfectly framed their lovely dogs. I guess we'll just never agree on what looks good at a dog show on the humans. Yes, it's about the dogs, but that doesn't mean the handlers need to look like they just rolled out of bed, threw on some grubby jeans and dirty runners.

I've shown there for many years now and have seen some people take nasty falls while moving their dogs, I've seen some dogs struggle with cornering on the carpet and having feet slide out from under them.

As for the group outfit, you often see people who thought they would do well get changed for group competition! :D

Hey Becks the mini handler of BOB did she wear a similiar poker dot thing last year with a giant???

Yes, Natalia was wearing the same outfit last year with the Giant, although this year showing giants she wore a blue and white outfit.