Lens Hire

Bellatrix

:) I knew it!

I looked into hire as well and I just couldnt justify it. I just kept thinking it was money I could put towards actually buying it!

Having said that I was lucky to borrow anniek's.

If I was getting it for a paid job or if I was going somewhere amazing for the weekend and I wanted some great shots I probably would though.

I looked into hire as well and I just couldnt justify it. I just kept thinking it was money I could put towards actually buying it!

If I was getting it for a paid job or if I was going somewhere amazing for the weekend and I wanted some great shots I probably would though.

Yeah, that is true.

Im also looking towards trying the 24-70mm. My friend is getting married in April and although she has a pro photographer, I was going to take some photos at the reception like I did at the last wedding I went to and actually got mistaken by the video man who thought I was the pro camera lady ;)

Just be aware that hiring = lens lust that you can't shake :love:

I rented a couple of lenses a few months ago and ended up putting an enormous dent in my pocket when I decided that the stupidly expensive lens WAS that much better than the already excellent less expensive option. Had I not tried the gold plated one I would have been more than happy with the cheaper version and never have known what I was missing (and had $1000+ still in my pocket!) :) ;) :love:

Have fun!!

Yeah, that is true.

Im also looking towards trying the 24-70mm. My friend is getting married in April and although she has a pro photographer, I was going to take some photos at the reception like I did at the last wedding I went to and actually got mistaken by the video man who thought I was the pro camera lady ;)

You must have looked like you knew what you were doing!

Oh too many lenses not enough money :love:

Edited to add I can almost guarantee you will LOVE the 70-200m and save you the $100!

Edited by becandcharch

I told him, na, Im just a friend helping out. His reply was 'Yeah, Yeah.. ill have to get your website to check out the photos'. He wanted me to show him some of the pics that I took on the camera. I was in histerics. No matter how much I told him, I dont think he believed me :) He would even come up behind me and flash his video light onto people so that I had light. I told him, the 50mm is great for low light. Ah, funny days.... ;)

I wont be able to afford a new lens for a while now anyway. Sigh.

I thought about hiring the lenses, but then they tried to push the nikon 70-200 on me, rather than the sigma.

I'd already done the tests on the lenses, and knew I wanted the Siggy.

It is down to about $900 now for the f2.8 - save your $100 to the lens... you don't need to hire it, you need to buy it! :thumbsup:

24-70? Also take a look at the Tamron 28-75 f2.8 which is meant to be as good as the canon, and a lot cheaper :o

So much glass... so little money!