Dog Odour

dBUG

Hi all,

is there anyway to get rid of pet odour on carpet?

i got my carpet dry cleaned a week ago and it still smells pretty strong.

i didn't realize this until few mates visited and they said they can smell the pet odour...which was embarrassing :laugh:

any tips and hint to clean up the carpet?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi dBUG,

We know how you feel, we currently moved out of a house which we never noticed smelt so much of our cats and dog until it was empty.

Our guests never used to say anything :laugh:

It is really embarrassing.

We use Urine Off (if it is a little accident on the carpet)

Also No Vacc, which is a odour remover and carpet refresher.

Along with getting the carpet deep steam cleaned regularly.

At least your friends were kind enough to let you know.

Hopefully you can find something that works for you! :mad

I could rave about this stuff all day..... :mad I tell anyone who wants to listen about it. It's called Odour-go. Here is the website. Very very good cost wise because you dilute in water and use it to spray furniture etc, can be used on wood, concrete, even yourself if you think you smell. :laugh: I even mop my floors with it, and use it in the bathroom/toilets beds etc. No chance of my house smelling doggy at all. :) There are several 'flavours' to choose from, and I am still on my first 5 litre bottle (which has lasted about 18 months).

It is very safe, as it is a blend of essential oils that odours naturally bond to. I'll try and attach the link to their website. I have the apple scent, but I hear that the talc is very popular.

Odour go website

Also, I add to old towel and dog blankets going into the washing machine. Just add to washing water. Very fresh smelling dog blankets and old towels. :laugh:

Here is a direct link to the pet section of website. odour go

Nup, above didn't work. On the left hand side of web page, look down column and you will see pet odours first on the list.

Edited by VJB

Thanks VJB I may just give that a try as well!

I like urine off for removing the little accidents from the carpet, but everything we have tried sort of just masks the smell..

The No Vacc stuff smells loverly for a while but then it wears off..

We regularly get the carpets deep steamed cleaned and use all the above remedies,

but I think I will order a bottle of the Odour Go! I would prefer to use the one product as apposed to many different "small masking" products!

Well worth it guys. You'll love it. :laugh: It doesn't 'mask' odours, like so many other products do. It really does eliminate them. You've inspired me to order another 5 litres. Have emailed the customer service and asked what his most popular scent is. I also noted that through some other areas of the website, there were different scents for different area's... like vanilla, which isn't stated in the pet odour control area. I asked about that too... just me being too curious. :mad

I could rave about this stuff all day..... :thumbsup: I tell anyone who wants to listen about it. It's called Odour-go. Here is the website. Very very good cost wise because you dilute in water and use it to spray furniture etc, can be used on wood, concrete, even yourself if you think you smell. :laugh: I even mop my floors with it, and use it in the bathroom/toilets beds etc. No chance of my house smelling doggy at all. :laugh: There are several 'flavours' to choose from, and I am still on my first 5 litre bottle (which has lasted about 18 months).

It is very safe, as it is a blend of essential oils that odours naturally bond to. I'll try and attach the link to their website. I have the apple scent, but I hear that the talc is very popular.

Odour go website

Hi, I have just come across your comments. As I too need to get rid of the doggy smell and have looked up the website. I have decided to give it a go, but was wondering which "flavour" you used.

Unfortunately, dry cleaning or steam cleaning carpets often brings the pet smells to the surface and makes them worse rather than making them go away, so your carpet probably didn't smell as bad before you had it cleaned.

I will be interested to try Odour Go too, as my Maine Coon cat has pissed on an expensive Belgian rug that I haven't been able to remove the stink from, despite wetting right through, scrubbing til my arms ached (with Biozet) and leaving in the sunlight to dry.

We aso tried vinegar, carpet cleaner, bi-carb soda and dishwashing detergent.

I could rave about this stuff all day..... :thumbsup: I tell anyone who wants to listen about it. It's called Odour-go. Here is the website. Very very good cost wise because you dilute in water and use it to spray furniture etc, can be used on wood, concrete, even yourself if you think you smell. :laugh: I even mop my floors with it, and use it in the bathroom/toilets beds etc. No chance of my house smelling doggy at all. :laugh: There are several 'flavours' to choose from, and I am still on my first 5 litre bottle (which has lasted about 18 months).

Odour go website

Are they actually 100% essential oil blend or fragrance? Some of the scents seem more like they might be fragrance, just wondering what else is in the product and is it readily available or do you purchase direct from the company? Sounds good!

Are they actually 100% essential oil blend or fragrance? Some of the scents seem more like they might be fragrance, just wondering what else is in the product and is it readily available or do you purchase direct from the company? Sounds good!

Not sure Savane, on the container it says "Ozona Penetrator Plus is made from the finest essential oils, uniquely blended to naturally bond with odours. It contains odour neutralisers, hospital grade disinfectant and surface penetration agents to control bacteria and neutralise odours.

VJB - it says on the website that it's a surface spray, so when you say you mop the floors etc with it, how do you do it? Just spray the floor then mop or can you open the bottle to pour the liquid into a bucket?

VJB - it says on the website that it's a surface spray, so when you say you mop the floors etc with it, how do you do it? Just spray the floor then mop or can you open the bottle to pour the liquid into a bucket?

Open the bottle and pour some into hot/warm water to mop. It is very concentrated, so a little goes a long way. I also use it to freshen up my cat n dog vacuum cleaner.. soak a little bit on cotton wool, and suck it up. Nice fresh vacuuming. :laugh: I pour some straight from the bottle into drains, and the toilet. I usually have a couple of old (but well washed) spray 'n' wipe bottles hanging around the house..... so I can get my spray fix from one end of the house to the other. (geez, I sound like an addict) :thumbsup: I dilute for the spray bottles about 6 parts water, to 1 part odour go. These are used for lounges, outdoor furniture, carpet, bad toilet smells (not from me EVER)!! :laugh: and general stuff like bedding (ours and Heidi's). I mop the outside deck every few months with it too. So Stormie, if ever you decide to come and visit...no farting, or you might get sprayed!! :rofl:

I might just add that there is no lingering deodoriser smell. It obviously smells when you first spray it, but doesn't leave any ongoing scent after a few minutes.

That stuff sounds good, off to visit the website now :thumbsup:

FYI I vacuum very regularly and also purchased my own carpet shampooing machine so I can keep the carpets fresh and clean. But I'm always conscious of doggy smells so will be good to try the Odour Go stuff.