Cheap Quality Dry Food

moko81

Hi

There more than likely is a thread on here already regarding this topic but was wondering if anyone out there has any advice for me.

We have British Bulldogs, we were put onto Proplan Performance (dry food) by a breeder we know, our dogs love it but at the moment our wallet isn't :thumbsup::laugh: :D

We have tried quite a few others before going to proplan (eukanuba, royal canin, advance, science diet) unfortunately our dogs didn't like any of these.

By posting this thread I am hoping someone out there will be able to recommend a cheaper alternative with the same quality (well here's hoping) ;) :D :(

Hi

There more than likely is a thread on here already regarding this topic but was wondering if anyone out there has any advice for me.

We have British Bulldogs, we were put onto Proplan Performance (dry food) by a breeder we know, our dogs love it but at the moment our wallet isn't :thumbsup::laugh: :D

We have tried quite a few others before going to proplan (eukanuba, royal canin, advance, science diet) unfortunately our dogs didn't like any of these.

By posting this thread I am hoping someone out there will be able to recommend a cheaper alternative with the same quality (well here's hoping) ;) :D :(

Where are you? Vitality is a great deal, but you can only get it directly from the factory in Naval Base WA.

I have fed my dogs for the past few years on Bonnie Working Dog. My dogs have always done well on it and the price depends on where you live I pay $48.70 for a 20kg bag but some only pay about $43.00

Hi

Where are you? Vitality is a great deal, but you can only get it directly from the factory in Naval Base WA.

My dogs & I have been through them all!!................I have never had a problem with Supercoat and it has less salt than some of those other top quality brands. My dogs and i have not looked back.

I use and recommend Coprice, Great Barko & Unlce Albers for the lighter wallet. My retirees get any of these, depending on where I shop that week. Petbarn does not stock the Great Barko/Uncle Albers, and so if I want that I have to travel further. I prefer the Coprice Family or the Drover one is quite good too.

Hi here!!!!!

I feed my Bullmastiffs on supercoat large breed.

back in NZ we fed the Proplan which as a dog food I just absolutely loved for the Bulldogs and Bullmastiffs. My dogs never turned their noses up for a meal.

I know budgets mean that we cant all afford the absolute best food(who determines that the food is the best)

As Bulldogs are a breed which I think require a good food I would suggest looking into Supercoat, but not all on its own. Mix with a good dog roll, chicken mince, sardines, coooked offal. All these are a good price.

Hope this helps

debs

I have fed my dogs for the past few years on Bonnie Working Dog. My dogs have always done well on it and the price depends on where you live I pay $48.70 for a 20kg bag but some only pay about $43.00

My local retailer sells this for $40.40 per 20 kilo.

It is high fat (14%) but comes in a 'lite' (6.5%) formula too.

Hi

Im in Western Sydney NSW, Vitality aye, will google & have a read up on it

Thanks.

Great Barko or Uncle Albers here.

$31.90 for 22kg. Lasts me well over 2 weeks for 5 adult dogs of various breeds (including a greyhound who gets fat on it).

This is a quick photo I snapped of one of my girls this morning.....she had NINE puppies just 3 months ago. Except for the slight tummy, I could put her back in the show ring and could have done from about 8 weeks onwards. She is fed on Barko (won't eat anything else).

post-864-1267650079_thumb.jpg

Coprice working dog for both pups after 8 weeks and adults-best dry i have used.Used to use Bonnie bu t the end results wern't pleasant!
Great Barko or Uncle Albers here.

$31.90 for 22kg. Lasts me well over 2 weeks for 5 adult dogs of various breeds (including a greyhound who gets fat on it).

This is a quick photo I snapped of one of my girls this morning.....she had NINE puppies just 3 months ago. Except for the slight tummy, I could put her back in the show ring and could have done from about 8 weeks onwards. She is fed on Barko (won't eat anything else).

post-864-1267650079_thumb.jpg

Do you follow the recommended feeding plan on the packet or do you have your own method?

Do you both mix either of these dry food with pet mince? & how often do you feed?

I feed a mince that has a bit of everything, including coarsely chopped chicken frames as the main part of the diet with up to 1 cup of dry food (except for the greyhound who has around 3 cups). Usually 1 - 2 days per week they get bones to chew on during the day with only a small portion of dry at night.

They also get table scraps, vegetables when there are extras, sardines and fish frames, yoghurt and cottage cheese in varying amounts depending upon what is around.

I only feed the adults once per day under normal circumstances.....generally mid afternoon so that they have time to toilet properly before bedtime.

It's not a scientific "method" by any means, but it works.