Whats The Worst Your Dog Has Done To Hurt You

Primedogs

Broken heart when we had to PTS my old Cocker boy.

Oh yes... had a few of those injuries... they are the worst. :happydance2:

And I cant belive I forgot about this one.... this would be the worst! - We had a guy come round to mow our acre of jungle and he was affraid of Brutus, so I put him (Dog not the guy...) on the steel cable while our lawn was being mowed... This was a really long cable and almost 1/3" thick plastic coated wire.... that I was unaware of standing in the loop of... when Brutus spotted one of his toys in the long grass and took off to get it.. RIGHT NOW. 1/3" thick cable 'rope burn' around my bare ankle.

I ended up with this wide 'gash' all the way around my ankle... OMG it STUNG.. and bled and argh... took weeks to go away... I did have pics of it.. Ill see if i can find em. I cant belive I forgot that injury!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Worst of all is that they don't live forever, and it hurts so much to say goodbye and then live with that empty spot in your heart that was their spot. Others come along and fill their own spot in your heart but they never fill anothers spot. I still shed tears when I think or talk about those furkids that have already passed, I can only hope that one day I will be reunited with them all .

Other than that I've had my share of bruises(some big ones from biking), fat lips and the odd black eye. I also have a couple of scars where I have coped being caught by a canine (accidently) while wrestling with my dogs. We like to roughhouse.

Myself -3 degree rope burn on my ankle from my sibs, a week off work as I was unable to put my work boot on or stand up for a long time, took about a month and a half to heal

My Brother - concussion while hiding under the doona while the dogs played on top of him my boy did the ice breaker move and Derryn was down and out

Only ever had 1 injury.

Tired when home from work & did not pay attention to my Doberman instantly. She did a sit waiting for a pat as usual.

As I stood in front of her getting something she put up her huge paw & scrapped it right down my crutch. I screamed.

Investigation showed 4 giant deep gouge marks & much blood.

So scared it would get infected as I did not want to go to the doctor & try & explain how I got that there.

Took lots of betadine & ages to heal up.

Broken heart when we had to PTS my old Cocker boy.

Me, too. My lovely tibbie, Gracie who went too soon because of veterinary error.

Apart from that, our tibbies are true Buddhists....very gentle souls to live with.

I have a sinking feeling that I'm going to get injured when I pick my dogs up from the kennels tomorrow. I recently had my gall bladder removed and still have wounds - they'll jump on me for sure... but I'm going to be so happy to see them that it won't really matter.

Oh, not me, but Mum

Mum had Atlas when I moved back from WA

went to let him out of the run, he ran out, tripped her over, she thought she broke her hip! went to hospital, broken arm, pulled all the tendons in her arm, hip was ok, just badly bruised. It took weeks for her to be able to walk ok, and 2 years for the arm to get better! Even now it still plays up from time to time!

Sorry Mum :laugh:

Buster bite me on the lip and i had 6 stitches about 6 weeks ago.

He was in a grumpy mood and i lent down to kiss him and he snapped at me.

All my fault!

There was blood everywhere.

The worst part was the middle of the lip wouldn't numb so i could feel the needle when it was about half way through, I couldn't talk all i could do was squeeze my husbands had, the tighter i squeezed the more he was telling the dr to give her more local.

I don't blame Buster he has turned into a grumpy old man since he was bitten by brown snakes twice within 5 days last November

Got bitten by my best mate's ex-boyfriends heeler cross... ended up with a bit of fat- yes fat from my leg- sitting on sock and blood everywhere. Best bruise I'd ever had.

Been hearded in the middle of a street and knocked over by rotwiellers. My two girls have caused no damamge as yet :laugh: