Whats The Worst Your Dog Has Done To Hurt You

Primedogs

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I rushed out the front door with our GSD running late for a vet appointment, unfortunately my dog stopped to say goodbye to my husband and I didn't realize, the leash tangled round my ankle and I fell down 2 steps and damaged by knee.

Still made it to the vet who kindly put iodine on the knee, but it took a long time to recover.

Several Holes and Blood on the hand from an outta control pommerainian (sp) that was either... grab him or watch him get squished by a car... :( he showed his grattitude by chomping on my hand.

Split lip from an unexpected Dachshund leap from a garden retaining wall, (wall started out at ground level.... dog climbs up... walks along.. *sees mum* MUM CATCH!! *CLANG* ... blood... yes i did catch him eventually... ) ... this dachshund thought it was a bloody mountain goat... he would climb on everything, rocks, furnature, walls ANYTHING he could get a toehold on.. Fearless Idiot.

Sprained ankle from a Shetland Sheepdog Zoomie..... classic case of.. move.. or stand still.... i moved... he moved... I fell into a gutter. He Continued his Zoomie.

Plenty of Doberman impacts, bitten tounges from headbutts, bruises etc. Since Brutus is unaware of anything else besides the tip of his nose when he runs. Though I must admit I missed Dad's full... legs removed from underneath him, defy gravity for a second then fall impact... i tried not to laugh at him describing it... i failed. :crossfingers:

I consider myself very lucky reading these that I owned such a gentle soul of a dog as I never sustained an injury from him (maybe it was just luck!)

He did however split my friend's lip jumping up to give her a kiss and over-estimating the force of his trajectory... lol.

My lab is very keen on his motivator. I use a frisbee as a motivator in flyball so my hands regularly suffer bruises from misjudged grabs at the motivator at the ends of runs. He has a very gentle mouth so the skin is rarely broken. A few comps ago he hit my hand so hard I was pretty sure he had broken a bone in the middle of my hand but with some icing and a couple of days it settled down. A couple of head butts hard enough to stun me but luckily not on the nose.

My sister in laws dog head butted me when wearing a muzzle when I was a kid resulting in a chipped tooth.

WARNiNG, WILL ROBINSON!!!

This one is a bit... cheeky:

Never assume that a BYB's Blue Heeler bitch is as safe as they say she is, when you are helping with garden maintenance and said bitch has 3week old pups in her kennel...

th_IMG_0005-17.jpg

Mokha has wrapped the lead around my leg at training when he got a fright when another dog rushed at him which pulled my feet out from under me, landed face first on grass it knocked me out for a few seconds and was one of the most painful sprained ankles I ever had. Most recently couple of fractured ribs, black eyes,nose and chin but once again he got a fright from a cat jumping out and otherwise would not have happened. I dont hold it against him because he is too adorable.

Dyzney broke my nose while agility training.

I signaled "tunnel", and she thought I meant "table", which I was running past at the time. My nose collided with her head whilst she was in mid air leaping for the table. "OUCH"

Edited by dyzney

Oh, I feel sorry for all of you that have been hurt, but this thread is quite funny too.

Other than copious brusies from my old Dobie, nup they feel no pain those dogs, I haven't really got anything to speak of myself, yet!

However said Dobe did do a brilliant job on an ex-boyfriend. I was making tea, he was playing tug with Sasha in the living room, I call over my shoulder "don't get her too razzed up in the house". A minute later there is a yelp - from the boyfriend. When I turn around she is wagging her tiny tail and looking at him all concerned and he has blood pouring out of his eyebrow. He had bent down just as she had flung her head up and the result of the contact was a split eyebrow. Trip to emergency, two stiches and a black eye later....nothing like spending your Sunday night doing that. I think my last comment to him that night was "Dobes have hard heads don't they? Snicker snicker snicker..."

i got bitten up and down both forearms by one of my guys,

he had been to vet for an abcess on his paw.. needed draining and cleaning so he was sedated. all went well and he came home. as he was a working m,aremma i put him in the pens to recover. later noticed that he was straining to poop when i took him out -- hostory of bowel surgery so off to the vet again - twice in the same day!!!!!!

vet needed to examine his rear end.. but could not sedate him again.. so i held while vet poked and prodded. oscar was very patient then let me know he had had enough.. i said to vet to stop he said a moment more and no sooner were the words out of his mouth than poor Oscar had bitten me hard on both arms.. he sort of kept chomping....

then realised whant he was doing and looked horrified! i was in so much pain i could not even get words out of my mouth!!!! and could not gets pics because both hands were the size of pumpkins with fat sausages attached. ..

the add in the usual.. bumps, play nips, bleeding noses, split l;iups.. and so on

H

When ever I cut the pugs nails im left with war wounds, scratches all up and down my arms! kites bounce bounce bouncing sometimes gets us into abit of trouble also, usually just a bruise here and a scrathc there nothing to seriously!

Gee my dogs have been good only my kelpie we were having last night toilet stop before bed at a country trial and my three dogs were stretching there legs and my kelpie ran straight into my legs and full gallop and I was on the ground. I thought I had broken my leg I was in so much pain. Had lovely colours on my legs though.