Interceptor Spectrum Tasty Chew

So does that mean you can't buy the Sentinel tablets anymore????????????????????? :thumbsup:

I bought a year and a half's worth when they were on special last year and didn't know you couldn't get them anymore. I also split the large dog tablet for my medium dog which I am guessing you can't do with the chew. :thumbsup:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friend the Beagle hates those chews!! They are too big to treat like a tablet and put it down the throat so we have to much it up into his meat roll of a night.

Rams has no dramas because being a lab he eats anything!! Leila the GSD just gets tablets and I give them to her so no fuss.

I wish I could convince my standard poodles that they are labs..I reckon life would be a bit easier. :thumbsup:

I'm lucky - Orbit starts drooling as soon as I reach for the box! But he's not a fussy boy and will generally eat anything that remotely smells like food.

Guardian is one to possibly try as a heartworm/worming combination but that would be expensive for larger breeds.

Milbemax is another one to try which comes in a small tablet.

I have written to Interceptor, no reply at all. I can only think they are losing business and should maybe listen to what their customers are saying. Why they had to try and fix what wasn't brokent I don't know.

I know, wth!!? :thumbsup::cry: Oh well their loss!

Thanks heaps stormie I'll look into Milbemax :)

My dog must be the odd one out :laugh: Then again, I don't know if she'd eat it if I gave her the entire thing at once.

Nah you're not alone. My two get excited as I open the packet, then I make them do something simple like sit or drop so they think they are training and down the hatch it goes! They get very excited at the prospect of "earning treats" :)

Then again, I own Labs :rofl:

Edited by RubyStar

Well I found out something very interesting tonight. I was planning on chopping Kei's Interceptor chew up into tiny pieces and mixing it in with his dinner rather than trying to get him to eat it from my hand (not going to happen lol) or jamming it down his throat.

So I got the chopping board out, took the chew out of the pack (or rather hacked it out with a steak knife as it is damn near impossible to open them any other way :cheer: ), gave it a little squeeze and realised - hey, these are pretty soft. Then I worked out that if you rub the chew between your fingers the bloody things CRUMBLE. And pretty easily too!

Oh JOY!

Crumbled chew mixed in with dinner. Dog now wormed and problem solved :cheer:

I bought milbemax today also.

Trouble is, with my dogs anyway, apart from not liking the chews - I can't guarantee that they will always eat their dinner. Food is just not the most important thing in thier lives unless it is a training treat, and then they prefer praise and cuddles. Sticking a tablet down their throat is so easy and I know they have had the correct dose.

Well I found out something very interesting tonight. I was planning on chopping Kei's Interceptor chew up into tiny pieces and mixing it in with his dinner rather than trying to get him to eat it from my hand (not going to happen lol) or jamming it down his throat.

So I got the chopping board out, took the chew out of the pack (or rather hacked it out with a steak knife as it is damn near impossible to open them any other way :cry: ), gave it a little squeeze and realised - hey, these are pretty soft. Then I worked out that if you rub the chew between your fingers the bloody things CRUMBLE. And pretty easily too!

Oh JOY!

Crumbled chew mixed in with dinner. Dog now wormed and problem solved :confused:

I tried the crumbling with Shy but that failed also!!! :cry: hahaha

So I got the chopping board out, took the chew out of the pack (or rather hacked it out with a steak knife as it is damn near impossible to open them any other way :laugh: ), gave it a little squeeze and realised - hey, these are pretty soft. Then I worked out that if you rub the chew between your fingers the bloody things CRUMBLE. And pretty easily too!

Oh JOY!

Crumbled chew mixed in with dinner. Dog now wormed and problem solved :laugh:

I tried the crumbling with Shy but that failed also!!! :o hahaha

LOL..a dog after my dogs heart. Well, Anzu just looks at it and says "you must be kidding" and Takara blows it across the room (she does the same thing with her ball through the dog wire of the fence. Little darlings.

www.takanzstandardpoodles.com

So I got the chopping board out, took the chew out of the pack (or rather hacked it out with a steak knife as it is damn near impossible to open them any other way :mad ), gave it a little squeeze and realised - hey, these are pretty soft. Then I worked out that if you rub the chew between your fingers the bloody things CRUMBLE. And pretty easily too!

Oh JOY!

Crumbled chew mixed in with dinner. Dog now wormed and problem solved :)

Mine won't touch food with them crumbled in. I have to slice them and hide completely inside cubes of raw meat. Even then he is wary and manages to spit a few bits out. It takes a lot of food to get a dose into him.

So I got the chopping board out, took the chew out of the pack (or rather hacked it out with a steak knife as it is damn near impossible to open them any other way :D ), gave it a little squeeze and realised - hey, these are pretty soft. Then I worked out that if you rub the chew between your fingers the bloody things CRUMBLE. And pretty easily too!

Oh JOY!

Crumbled chew mixed in with dinner. Dog now wormed and problem solved :flame:

Mine won't touch food with them crumbled in. I have to slice them and hide completely inside cubes of raw meat. Even then he is wary and manages to spit a few bits out. It takes a lot of food to get a dose into him.

:mad How frustrating! What do you normally feed your dogs?

Kei is on a raw diet so I just crumbled it in on sardine night. I guess the smell/taste of the fish hid it well as he didn't seem to notice :mad

I can't imagine he would eat it mixed in with dried food though, it would be way too obvious in that case.

A few people have asked this and I would also like to know, does anyone know if the chews can be divided? I used to cut the tablets in half and share between two dogs as it is much cheaper that way. Someone mentioned the dose may not be evenly distributed in the chews, is anyone able to clarify this at all?

We have used Interceptor before but now i use Heart guard. Charlie is the fussiest dog with food and even he will scoff over these

All wormer is just a tablet down their throats every 3 months.

I am fortunate enough not to have to use flea treatments (thank dog I don't have that expense!!!!!)

A few people have asked this and I would also like to know, does anyone know if the chews can be divided? I used to cut the tablets in half and share between two dogs as it is much cheaper that way. Someone mentioned the dose may not be evenly distributed in the chews, is anyone able to clarify this at all?

AFAIK that is correct, I would use Tablets only to split this way.