What Would You Do?

W Sibs

Going blind is not as bad for a dog as it is for a person. For a dog, a sense of smell is the important sense because it provides the dog with the most stimulation.

Yeah, that's what my dad told me.

I'm not worried about it. I have a feeling that he will go to his Nanna for the operation money if he goes through with it.

Because, despite him being an idiot.. he does love the dogs.

He also told me to have fun snowboarding in NZ while my husky goes blind

Bah! You may still have emotional attachment to the husky, BUT she is no longer yours, no matter what he says or thinks. He sounds like a real jerk.

But still make sure you do have fun snowboarding in NZ, I would love to do it myself!

Lets just say if he fully believes the suregry will be a success than either he hasnt been told the percentage ratio of failure s7 The vet hasnt been very honest or he is feeling guilty.

The simple fact is there is no guarantee it will work,infact i off hand now of 4 dogs who had the surgery without success,it may be a small percentage but something to consider in the whole equation.

I have owned 4 dogs who all where completely blind & lived happily for 5 yrs until other issues started to appear.it was no big deal & they coped well.

I will also be the first to admit that there are some dogs who dont deal with it & that is when it comes down to reading your dog & doing the right thing.

Dont feel guilty,it didnt concern him to phone when the blindness was occurring but only now there is a price tag.

There are so many factors to weigh up with this kind of surgery & there is no way i would pay $2000 without being involved in the consults & the pro/cons side of things.

What an absolute a$$hole for putting you in that situation! Like everyone else has said, you're definitely better off without him.You're obviously a caring person willing to do whatever is needed for your dog, you've shown that with everything you've done for Charlie, and shame on him for trying to take advantage of that, especially after denying you access to your dog :hug:

I hope your husky girl lives the rest of her days happily, whatever he ends up doing about the surgery, and I know you'll continue to have a happy family with Charlie :cheer:

aww.. thanks guys for the support. :cheer:

Yeah, soooo happy i'm not with him anymore :hug:

You guys are right, she is not my dog anymore. She is no longer my responsibilty. I want to help her, but, obviously I can't.

Extra cuddles for Charlie tonight... i won't even torture him by putting the camcord in front of his face tonight :cheer:

Edited by charleswentworth

CW, OMG your ex sounds like an absolute wanker!!! I cant believe he would ask you for money after all this time and clearly he knows you care so much for your dogs, so basiclly he sounds like hes trying to take advantage of your caring nature. Grrr oh this has made me so mad!! why are some men such pricks?? cuz they have some skankette whispering crap in the ear.

YOU make sure you enjoy snowboarding in NZ!!!

YOU deserve so much better than that horrible horrible ex of yours!!!

Like you said he may be an idiot but he does love his dogs so hopefully he will do the right thing :hug:

Good Luck with everything!!!