How To Remove A Bandage Gently?

wire

My dog had some minor surgery yesterday and they put one of those bandages on where the ends are that sticky tape stuff.

I now need to remove it but how?

It's quite a big bandage and totally covers his penis. He had a few stitches on the side of his willy so as you can imagine, this is not an easy thing to remove :) as I can't just go RIP!!!!

Help would be appreciated.

My boy had layers of that horrible sticky stuff on him - they basically wrapped it completely around his tummy area to keep a pee tube in place.

On the fur I used a blade to cut the fur at the bandage but for the shaved skin areas - I took him back to the vet and they used a spray stuff to loosen the glue. It didn't remove the glue completely but it is a case of just gently working at it

Edited by Tilly

Thanks for the fast replies guys :rofl:

I only have eucalyptus oil but am worried it may touch the wound area and cause him further pain.

Some of it has come undone, so I'll try to cut off the hanging bit and get to the vets first thing.

As you can imagine, he's a little sensitive when I try to get near this area and not co-operative at all.

Edited by wire

He got it off all by himself!

Somehow during the night he managed to take his Elizabethan blowup ProCollar off (it wasn't too tight) and took the bandage off.

He was so quiet about the whole thing, he didn't wake me up and I'm usually tuned into his night noises! Well done Murphy, willy and sutures intact, bad dressing off :rofl:

Glad he got the bandage off Wire...I was going to suggest saturating the bandage with vodka (info from my book on household hints) but as it is near his willie perhaps it's not such a good idea...ouch :)

:thumbsup::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Maybe some vodka down his throat would have made it easier!

Vegetable oil does the trick too

Yeah, and probably much more pleasant near his willie than vodka!

Lol, yeah I read until someone suggested eucalyptus oil...OUCH!!

After that post I decided to just skip to the bottom lol

Olive Oil, now that would work and also good for him!