State Of Shock

Asalei

I'm in a state of shock and exhaustion! What a fantastic weekend for myself and my breeder!

It started off with my baby girls mum Ch Orobay Optical Magic (Macey) taking out Best of Breed at the Sydney Royal at 6 years of age. We also think this brings up her Grand Championship title, just need to confirm points. Her son, Ch Baldev Enigma took out Runner Up Best of Breed.

We also had our specialty weekend at Castle Hill and we didn't do any good on Saturday, but Macey's breeder, Rhonda (Orobay Beagles) took out Best In Show with her Puppy Bitch Orobay Inspired By Change.

Today, Best in Show was another dog bred by Orobay beagles, Ch Orobay Graceful Triumph (owned by Jane Miller), Res DCC was Gr Ch Orobay Optical Precision. Res BCC was Ch Orobay Optical Magic. Runner Up Best in Show was Ch Nangunyah Spell At Kislev. All these beagles were sired by Ch Kislev Gambling Man.

But, most importantly of all, at our first ever specialty, Abby was awarded Baby Puppy in Show!

If I wasn't so exhausted, I would probably still be jumping up and down! But after 3 days in Sydney, one day of driving and one ahead of us.. I'm so exhausted that it's hard to show a lot of enthuisiasm.

I'm very proud of my little monkey and so thankful to her breeders Sara and Hilary for allowing me to have this little girl. For my first show dog, she sure is doing well! Two baby in Show's so far and one Baby in Group.

I'm also so extremely proud of my older two girls who have travelled all this way and been so well behaved being put in a trolley and doing things they aren't used too. All considering, all three of my girls have been fantastically well behaved having being thrown in a car for 12 hours and staying in a different place with a whole different routine. It really is amazing how well dogs can adapt to different situations.

OH doesn't go without a mention. He's been extremely patient with me all weekend when I've been very tired and cranky from little sleep and stressed and nervous about our shows. I love him very much for supporting us and coming on the trip with me :( Although we didn't win a new kitchen appliance, I'm pretty sure he's proud of Abby. He wrapped the bronze beagle trophy up in a towel and placed it somewhere safe in the car. Apparently we now need a pool room to put all Abby's ribbons and trophys.

Sorry for the long post, pictures will come once we are home and I have a chance to go through the thousands we have.

:driving: ;)

OMG Erin ! I was there at the sighthound show & watching the baby beagles and didn't know it was you !!!!!! super duper well done !!!!

and congrats to Jane & Hilary as well !!!

fifi

Edited by fifi

The baby in show she's just won is at a specialty, so there was no group.

Thanks to everyone for your encouragement and kind words :rofl: I'm VERY happy with my little Monkey and how she's going.

Fifi, she won on the Sunday, but I was there on the Saturday. I saw the BIS judging for the sighthound show.

I'm still in shock that she won, and I'm sure after I have a good night sleep and relieve some of my exhaustion, I might be able to let the win sink in! I didn't expect it at all as there were three from the litter at the show (including Abby) so the best I hoped for was 3rd, so it was a huge surprise to be pulled out first. Then to win the run off for Baby in Show.. I don't think I could believe it!

Once I've gone through the photos, I'll post some.

I'm surprised that after driving for 14 hours home today, my three girls are sound asleep after sleeping most of the day.

Photo! I just went through and found the best one. I haven't looked through the thousands that we've taken.

27025_378182722849_677992849_3503210_2446600_n.jpg

Baby Puppy in Show - Baldev Blonde Bombshell

Opposite - Kislev Ready To Rumble

Great photo Erin. She looks gorgeous. :p Suppose you don't need show training after a weekend like that. :p

Haha, I was going to stop going with her anyway because she's starting to not co-operate towards the end. She did it on Sunday too. She was okay in her class and in the run off, but when we got to sire and progeny and dam and progeny, she wasn't going to stack for me at all. She was over it! Naughty girl.

:):rofl: Well done Erin and Abbey it was great to meet up with you at the Royal and at Castle Hill. :):laugh:

Thanks! It was great to meet you too! Sorry I didn't get to chat on Saturday. They said they were going to do dog challenge, have a 10 minute break and then the baby bitches would be on. They seemed to go straight into baby bitch from dog challenge! Doh.

What a crazy weekend! I pulled out her ribbon today and had a smile at it :p I need to find somewhere to start putting her ribbons and tropheys. Yes, I know that sounds silly, but it's still a novelty at the moment for her to win and get a ribbon ;)

Congrats on a great weekend!!!

Is Abbeys brothers name Sherlock? If so he lives locally to us and was at show training today with his mum and dad! Also should have come and said Hi on sunday we were over under the sheltered area for the pug show!!!

Nah, there was only one boy in Abby's litter and his name is Smiff and he lives locally in Redlands in Brisbane.

Oh, I didn't know the pugs were on as well! I'm annoyed I didn't realise Fifi and Rebanne were there on Saturday too! Would have loved to meet you all!

Oh well, we'll be back next year :)