Noticed Any Changes In Your First Dog?

tez

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Tez, I thought I'd add my 5 cents worth. :thumbsup: Cooper went from being a happy boy to being a happy happy happy boy.... :) It was love at first sight!!

P1100737.jpg

P1070916.jpg

P1010992.jpg

P1010904.jpg

I don't think I have ever met anyone who got a second dog and the first dog wasn't happy about it.

Lots of people said Cooper wouldn't cope with a second dog because he was so spoilt but he was the total opposite!!

Edited by tlc

Hi Tez,

Best thing we ever did was getting another dog.

As much as Sniffy trys to boss over Boof they are still the best of mates and miss each other when one is gone.

They got along pretty much from day one (maybe not quite as much as TLCs tho lol as Sniff would never sit still long enough to get puppy cuddles)

From this

DSCF3737.jpg

DSCF3746.jpg

To this

189.jpg

So yes we did see a change in our first dog but was a good change and they do keep each other company.

Cheers Janet

I'm loving all the pictures! Boof is one handsome dog and its nice to finally see him!

Maybe I should include a picture of our current dog, Jane and one of our new dog, Scout, who will hopefully be with us soon. Unlike you guys, he is not a young pup (Obviously!) but is approx 10 months old.

meetingscoutapr2010003.jpg

meetingscoutapr2010011.jpg

How exciting for you Tez.

I think Jane will be fine she is a happy sort of dog that will prob thrive with a companion.

And he might even help Jane run off some of that excess energy that she has I know it has certainly help sniff calm down having another dog

Wow Scout looks an interesting mix of dogs and I think he is the luckiest dog in the world to be going to live with you and Jane.

Cant wait to meet him.

Love the name Scout (That is part Boofs Dads pedigree name and I just love it wish we had name Boof Scout instead of Boof lol Bloody men!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

Cheers Janet

We have recently adopted a 5 and a half year old dog and already have an 8 year old. So far they seem to get along really well. It helps that they are both pretty laid back dogs. Sorry, don't know how to add photos! Good luck, yours both look very happy. Where are you getting scout from?

eta: spelling

Edited by harley

Our older boy D'Artagnan wasn't too keen when we brought Porthos home (he still isn't overly in love with the young scamp...as Porthos likes to hang off of his ears or bite Tagnan's tail and Tagnan is very shy, cuddly and docile whereas Porthos is not!) :thumbsup:

We got Tagnan at 13 months old (end of January) so we'd only had him around 6 weeks when Porthos came home (13 March). Porthos is 13 weeks old now.

24603_359674193130_708598130_3803256_134714_n.jpg

Not so keen. The first meeting.

26065_377776153130_708598130_3940203_5331004_n.jpg

Porthos likes to follow Tagnan everywhere... here Tagnan was lying at my feet under the computer desk in a bid to get away... hmm didn't work!

12400_373469633130_708598130_3838519_2448454_n.jpg

I know they will end up being firm friends - Porthos just has to get past this awkward puppy stage :)

Susan

Thanks for the comments everyone. Yep Scout was listed as a whippet cross but looks very much like a whippet and runs like one too! He's a very interesting looking dog but we chose him due to his personality. The cute looks just came as an added bonus. :thumbsup:

When we met him, he was a real sweetie and got on with Jane very well. After the initial run around (with Jane coming a very poor last!), they took turns giving each other a ball that Scouts foster carer had bought along then laid down in the shade for a rest...SWEET!

Zoe was a little miffed for the first couple of days. She was 10 at the time and pretty set in her ways but she wouldn't be without Moose now. They loves each other. She plays a lot more these days and is a lot more active. She turned 11 last week and Moose is 1. :thumbsup:

Some bonding moments...

post-27684-1270472108_thumb.jpg post-27684-1270472159_thumb.jpg post-27684-1270472370_thumb.jpg

So many great pics of Doggys with thier new friends/siblings :thumbsup:

Tez, you might not wanna stop at 2,

Here is Tullys first day with us,

"are you my big brother" :)

P1150053.jpg

and joining in the tug of war fun!!

P1150255.jpg

Edited by tlc

And why stop at 3 :thumbsup:

Brons first days...

King of the girlys!!

DSC_01082.jpg

Tully thought Brons toys look better than hers!!

DSC_01062.jpg

Moosepup, I especially love that second shot, looks like they are telling secrets!!

Our older GSD boy is a very dominate dog but was still much of pup himself so when we got our pup we thought they would play together ... but from day one the older dog suddenly became very serious.

While they do play together (under supervision) and get along well most of the time ... the older boy gets into a mood and will take it out on the younger boy.

Over Easter I took both dogs away to my parents place for the day and they were quite happy to lay side by side for the hour long trip ... once we arrived within a few minutes the older boy became aggressive towards the pup - to the point for the entire day I had to keep them separate. Every time the older boy saw the pup he went for him.

I seriously didn't think I was going to get both dogs back in the car for the trip home ... and was contemplating taking one home and returning to get the other one. About 15 minutes before leaving I took each dog for a walk to have a toilet stop before going into the car ... and there was a big change in the older boys body language and he went from being very serious to fun and playful, rolling on the grass and wanting to play. I decided to try putting them both in the car so I put the pup into the car and then put the older boy in the car and they were all over each other ... and then they curled up side by side and went to sleep for the trip home.

I don't regret getting a second dog but sometimes I wish it wasn't so much hard work.

Rommi met Lewis at her breeders whne she was staying while we were on holidays.

She loved him there and they were always together.

Fast forward about 2 to 3 weeks and Lewis cam to live with us. Rommi though it was good for 4 days until she realised he wasn't going back. Then she had times where she was happy, times when she was jealous and time when she was a total bitch to him!

Now 4 months down the track we have the dynamics sorted and they love each other.

Although Rommi is still the boss and is happy to make sure Lewis knows it.

The old Stafford in his wisdom, does exactly as he pleases and lets them go about their day!

Elle was absolutely over the moon when we brought Sarge home. I'd never seen her so excited. Poor Sarge got bowled over but he just got up and toddle over to her to try and suckle her :thumbsup: Elle has been excited about every dog we've added to the pack. She loves puppies and any dog that comes into our house. She never ever used to play tug or fetch but when Sarge came home she found her second youth and now enjoys a play (unless she's napping).

I was really anxious when we got Mosley, I was worried Lili would be jealous or that they wouldn't get along....well....the day we brought them home they played for about 10 hours straight :thumbsup:

She hasn't changed at all, now I look at them together and have no regrets whatsoever, they love each other and are practically inseperable :cry: She cleans his eyes and ears and he is so protective of her, he also keeps her on her toes cause he's very cheeky :)