Pup Returning After 1st Night! Unbelievable.

moosmum

Guest belgian.blue
is it a GSD pup? maybe its just the photo but I couldnt tell?

I was wondering the same? Congrats to them returning her ;)

My Belgian was great as a pup, she slept from night one on her bed on the floor right near my bed and didn't whinge once. I admit she did pee on the floor but that will happen when there is no crate training involved.

Though in the car was a different story, she SCREAMED her lungs out for about four days, she was crated. I ignored her but gosh it hurt really bad and just drove her everywhere with me. She now adores going in the car.

Pup number two is to be crate trained and again will be in my room with Ivy and I.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good on the owners for returning the puppy to the breeder and not just passing it on or dumping it and good on them for realizing their mistake. But a bit silly of them to tell themselves (and the breeder) they could cope if deep down they really knew they couldn't.

I had a moment of panic with Daina. I think we had had her 2 or 3 days and she was just so different to Ziva and my grief mixed with low expectations of myself as an owner and I just thought "She's not right for us, what have we done!". It didn't last long though and as soon as Daina became a little love bug and relaxed into her new home she slotted in perfectly. Now we share a really special bond as she came to me and loved me when I really, really needed her ;)

It is best for the pup to come back NOW and not be where it isn't wanted.

We rehomed one here after yard check, people check and even checked the peoples dog which is cared for fantastically.

He was returned after 24 hours. He chased their cat up the tree and their dog didn't want to "share".

When he was back with his carer he showed cowering behaviour towards people for a week....so goodness knows what happened in that 24 hours but i am damn glad he is back with us.

You just never can be sure but you hope you can place your dogs in the best homes but sometimes it just doesn't work that way.

At least you know one of your dogs went to an amazing home :rofl:

I love him more each day.

is it a GSD pup? maybe its just the photo but I couldnt tell?

I was wondering the same? Congrats to them returning her :rofl:

My Belgian was great as a pup, she slept from night one on her bed on the floor right near my bed and didn't whinge once. I admit she did pee on the floor but that will happen when there is no crate training involved.

Though in the car was a different story, she SCREAMED her lungs out for about four days, she was crated. I ignored her but gosh it hurt really bad and just drove her everywhere with me. She now adores going in the car.

Pup number two is to be crate trained and again will be in my room with Ivy and I.

I thought she was a dobe puppy.

Shame they didn't think it through properly, but great that they brought her back. I know a man who breeds pedigree cats and he sold a kitten to a man one night only to find out it was in the RSPCA the next morning!! Didn't even last 24 hours! And this man also said he would take it back. Thankfully the kitten found a new home (a staff member kept it) but how awful to find out that something you bred and loved for 10 weeks was now at the pound. ;)

:rofl::) - that's awful. I think, sometimes, people don't want to admit they made a mistake. I'm sure that's the case with Satchmo (the puppy that was on-sold by the people I sold him to), as I ALWAYS offer to take back puppies.

It is best for the pup to come back NOW and not be where it isn't wanted.

We rehomed one here after yard check, people check and even checked the peoples dog which is cared for fantastically.

He was returned after 24 hours. He chased their cat up the tree and their dog didn't want to "share".

When he was back with his carer he showed cowering behaviour towards people for a week....so goodness knows what happened in that 24 hours but i am damn glad he is back with us.

You just never can be sure but you hope you can place your dogs in the best homes but sometimes it just doesn't work that way.

At least you know one of your dogs went to an amazing home :)

I love him more each day.

And he is a gorgeous boy too... :rofl:

I would have happily returned our youngest after the first night with OMG what has we done ... if the breeders where not interstate.

He was a complete plain in the butt but he was just settling in and after a week or so he has fine. I think it was just the complete lack of sleep on my behalf.

I guess it just shows their level of commitment to the pup ...

What a gorgeous baby :rofl: you are so lucky they brought her back

We rehomed a 6mth old male a few weeks ago to a home who seemed great, they promised the world for him. 2 days later they call to tell me now theyre unsure about him because he's wrecked their carpet by peeing on it (they knew he wasnt housetrained and said it would be fine) but said theyd persist with housetraining and call me in 2wks. About 2wks later i chase them up to see how hes going and am told they rehomed him because they couldnt handle it. Now i dont know where he is nor will the new owners make contact and the first owner wont give me their email address so i can see if hes ok. :) D**kheads ;) We gave him to them on the condition he came back to us if he had to. :laugh:

Yep,you see a a Dobe puppy,but she is not pure...1/8th is other working breeds.(Rottie and Ridgy)

It may have been the experience of these people with GSDs that that brought it home to them that this pup was not suited to them.....I have been stressing that I think this girl is best in a working home,so must at least do obedience and/or other dog sports.She will need an owner experienced with dominant/protective types. Their previous dogs may have been much more suited as pets only and so given them a sense that they could handle this pup too.

Her confidence alone may have been a bit of a shock,in her excitment she would have been pretty full on.Though she is quite intelligent and learns very fast,knowing the ways to get her to listen might be another matter.She is also very clearly going to be a very powerful, strong fast dog.

IMHO you do need to be a pretty confident and sure of your abilities to take on such a pup,watching to see the what and whys of her behaviour to adapt your training where needed.She is learning from you maybe faster than you think.

Once over the suprise of her quick return,its very understandable and these people have my respect,and gratitude for bringing her back so far and fast.

I was pleased to see her coming up the drive on lead,being very behaved and when the lead was handed over,she came and sat between my feet.I was proud of her!

Glad she is back,but with 4 such dogs already,including 1 temporary visitor who must be separated from my girl at all times on shifts,she won't she wont be staying! Irresistable forces and immovable objects. :laugh: I need time for each.

Edited by moosmum

Now i dont know where he is nor will the new owners make contact and the first owner wont give me their email address so i can see if hes ok. :laugh: D**kheads :rofl: We gave him to them on the condition he came back to us if he had to. :rofl:

That makes me so :p :D :) too. How really poor of those people. You must be heartbroken.

Perhaps you need to have the return policy in the contract. A lot of rescue people do and for the few I've rehomed in the past year, I have repeated ad nauseum that if there is any problem of any kind, the dogs come back to me.

Now i dont know where he is nor will the new owners make contact and the first owner wont give me their email address so i can see if hes ok. :laugh: D**kheads :rofl: We gave him to them on the condition he came back to us if he had to. :rofl:

That makes me so :p :D :) too. How really poor of those people. You must be heartbroken.

Perhaps you need to have the return policy in the contract. A lot of rescue people do and for the few I've rehomed in the past year, I have repeated ad nauseum that if there is any problem of any kind, the dogs come back to me.

Doesn't really make much difference - it's not enforceable - I always have that in my sale contracts but, when it comes right down to it, it's just a piece of paper!

Edited by poodlemum