Grooming A Stafforshire Bull Terrier For Showing

Loves Dogs

When the tips of a coat change colour it's usually because the coat is going through a change and it is the "dead/dry" coat ends. You could use a rubber brush to help this hair come out quicker. Sometimes the diet can influence the depth of colours in your coat, so you could try something else and see if after about 6 weeks it makes a difference. The catch there though is that in that time the new coat could have come through so it will be hard to know if the food was the cause until the next time the coat changes.

Black dogs often get a red cast to their hair with old coat. I had it happen once, changed food and it never happened again.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know they dont do any well but Blue is in the standard and it would be nice if people stopped just breeding them for colour for the money :laugh: . I think when bred properly they are a stunning dog. I go to obediance every wednesday night with mine and there is another blue with clear nails a pale nose and blue eyes. He also has a very wishy washy coat. This dog cost those people the same as my beautiful deep coloured well bred blue. Its such a shame that the well bred ones dont seem to get noticed in the ring and being a newy I have noticed that there tends to be "trends" in colour in the ring at times. Oh well as I said Im just starting out so maybe I have no idea. I just love being out and about with my staffies and if we get a ribbon thats a bonus. My elder girl has done amazingly at agility and Austin (my Blue) looks to follow in her foot steps so we will just continue the way we have been going and have lots of fun at the same time! :)

Why are the blues so expensive? They don't appear to be "rare"

They were rare some years back, and the price hasn't dropped as people are still paying the price. A breeder that I built a web site for, has a 12 week blue boy for sale for $900 and can't find a home for him, people must think there is something wrong with him because he is so cheap. :)

Don't underestimate the blues, as mentioned plenty of times of this forum there is a stunning blue bitch in Melbourne. Someone else will be able to say her name because I can't think of it right now.

So one nice looking bitch out of how many blues? Surely the blues can pull out more examples than just the one.? I'm genuinely interested in seeing them.

my beautiful deep coloured well bred blue

Any chance of some photos please? :)

Hi Clyde he has a profile on dogzonline. His name is Divineblue ain't it the life. Hope you like him. Over the past 2 weeks or so I have noticed he is just starting to bulk up a little so I will have to add some more photos as these were taken about a month ago.

Don't underestimate the blues, as mentioned plenty of times of this forum there is a stunning blue bitch in Melbourne. Someone else will be able to say her name because I can't think of it right now.

So one nice looking bitch out of how many blues? Surely the blues can pull out more examples than just the one.? I'm genuinely interested in seeing them.

my beautiful deep coloured well bred blue

Any chance of some photos please? :)

One of the nicest blues Ive ever seen is Koendida Blue Diamond...I believe she has a profile on here

http://www.dogzonline.com.au/breeds/profile.asp?dog=23257

ETA Staffy Lover just looked at your boy he does look quite nice...for a blue :)

I would also like to see more well bred/constructed blues as I do quite like them.....but then I also like black and tan :eek:

Edited by fbc

She is quite a nice looking 'blue' bitch isn't she :eek:

I have also noticed that the prices of other colours, eg: 'rare' tiger brindle, blacks, have gone up in price. Must be because there are so many blue's you wouldn't class them as rare but all other colours are.

I love my wash and wear babies. Wash, dry and show. So simple. Oh for a bit of extra shine, give you dog a great big rub down/pat all over with your hands. Their coats glisten and they love it :) I do it with the Ode man all the time and his coats shines like there is no tomorrow.

I agree with fbc, having seen this bitch in person she is stunning. And surprise, surprise she had a litter and wasn't bred to a blue, so had 'normal' coloured pups. This just goes to show she wasn't purchased as a blue to make $$$$ cashing in on all the gullible people that think blues are rare.

I actually spotted an ad on DOL that states 'blues are no longer rare' :laugh: When were they ever rare? They have always been out there but because the majority of them are not of show standard, you hardly see them.

204 dogs and bitches at a Specialty and I couldn't find one all weekend. It says a lot about them.

Hi, When you say you can't find one, do you mean the results :( They are all up on BBO if you are a member there, full listing. Some people have put up their individual wins on the Dogzonline Show results section.

Very proud to say that our boy's litter sister Tussler Fleur De Lis (AI) won Best in Show on the Saturday. :party::(

Janine

Edited by MadMaddy