Adelaide K9 Force Seminar - 8th May

I would like to add thanks to Ness for organising, KHM for the fantastic lunch, and Steve for all the knowledge.

The workshop put the consult in context for me, and also gave me a much better idea of what "training in drive" looks like, with a couple of very inspiring examples from the brown and white bc. I now know what a "heel flip" looks like too. Not what I imagined either.

Frosty showed me up again - by being a faster learner. And being the class clown.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to add thanks to Ness for organising, KHM for the fantastic lunch, and Steve for all the knowledge.

The workshop put the consult in context for me, and also gave me a much better idea of what "training in drive" looks like, with a couple of very inspiring examples from the brown and white bc. I now know what a "heel flip" looks like too. Not what I imagined either.

Frosty showed me up again - by being a faster learner. And being the class clown.

And I reckon Pele the "Porker" was the most food motivated and the most tug motivated :rofl: I thought about buying the orbee ball on a rope but think that it's way too close to my fingers :D

I really admired Zuma's performance too :o

Pele fell asleep as soon as she got into the car, had dinner when she got home then put herself to bed and there hasn't been a peep out of her :rofl:

I think SecretKei wants to borrow Kenz on a rope - hmmmm bloody tart Kenz is. She was very taken with Kei but then he is such a nice looking friendly Ridgie :rofl: . They had a lovely run after :rofl: .

Edited by ness

I think SecretKei wants to borrow Kenz on a rope - hmmmm bloody tart Kenz is. She was very taken with Kei but then he is such a nice looking friendly Ridgie :rofl: . They had a lovely run after :o .

While they were having a run sneaky Pele raided Kei's crate and finally pinched the i-squeak that she'd being eyeing off all day :rofl: :D

Big thank you to Steve for coming to Adelaide and to Ness for organising too definitely lots to learn :rofl:

Really enjoyed watching people working with their dogs, there was lots of good work even with all the distractions :rofl:

Another great thing to come from the workshop - Earl slept all last night in his zipped up crate - without a sound except for his snoring :(

My first ever crate trained dog - YAY!!!

Wahoo go Earl. I did get a photo of him in his crate at the workshop but they were all a bit dark :( .

I have a few others I didn't post last night so will see about posting them this morning.

Edited by ness

Oh good you cut my head off in that last pic! :):(

Thanks so much to all involved in organising the day, was fantastic and I took a lot away from it. Wish Hudson wasn't so scared of strangers or he could have jumped all over Steve like he did to me :D I thought he (Huds not Steve :( ) was going to be a much bigger pain in the a** than he actually was yesterday so I'm proud of him for that. Thanks again Julie for loaning me the crate!!!

:( Steve is going to get a complex - Kenz wouldn't have a bar of him either. Just as well Pele came to the rescue :) .

I have some more photos but obviously they have lots of people in them so don't really want to go posting them as some people might object.

Steve likes a challenge.

At the consult, He didn't really love it when Frosty wanted to climb up on the bench next to him and lick his ears. It's the dogs that play hard to get that are more interesting.

I risked an off lead run with Frosty after Kei and Kenz but she decided three's a crowd after two zoomie laps and went off to sniff for food and dog trails and possum poo or whatever's going.

I had no idea anyone was talking photos. Just as well though, cos the ones where I know I'm being photographed are generally horrible.

I thought it was a bit weird that Pele got called a friendly "pitty" a lot, and then he refered to Adolescent Tigers as dogs that must never be trained with food. Definitely not breedist. All dogs and tigers and elephants and monkeys are the same to Steve. Well he did seem to have a massive soft spot for GSD - but I can understand that.

:) MRB it was only because I read on K9Pro's facebook page and in the end I really took hardly any at all because I hate appearing in photos and figured others would be similar. I took a few of the dogs in there crates and a few outside but only posted the ones with no people really in them. Figured Cassie's head chopped off was going to be ok :confused: . I thought those who were regulars at DOL meets and who have had there photos post here before might be ok hence the photo of Pele and Bully. I took a few group shots of people watching on but for obvious reasons not posted. Edited by ness

I thought it was a bit weird that Pele got called a friendly "pitty" a lot,

Didn't hear her being called at "pitty" :) Pele, the "Porker" is a Bull Terrier, well maybe a "Bottomless Pit" Bull Terrier :confused:

Went to training at Woodville this morning after the beach, armed with the new tuggie, but she wasn't all that motivated by it :laugh:

Yep he called her a pit bull a few times - as a compliment I think because he clearly loves the bully breeds and I think had a big soft spot for Pele (with good reason - she's a great dog!).

She worked beautifully for him - a real kick in her step - perhaps she was in leeeerrrrvv!

Yep he called her a pit bull a few times - as a compliment I think because he clearly loves the bully breeds and I think had a big soft spot for Pele (with good reason - she's a great dog!).

She worked beautifully for him - a real kick in her step - perhaps she was in leeeerrrrvv!

Pele loves to play tug with anyone but me because then she doesn't/won't release the tug on command (mean Mum has rules :confused: ) and it's much more fun for her :)