Dog Show Trolleys - Which Brand Is Best?

Dante

I am looking at all the different brands of show trolleys available and I have been told that some are not as good as others. In your opinions, which is the best, sturdiest, durable etc..

I am after a 4 berth trolley and I show Chi's, so i am also wary that the gap between the bars of some may be too wide.

Any opinions or thoughts on this matter would be appreciated.

I did a similar post when I was starting out and everyone recomended OKS ones. I have mine now and love it. I also have a toy breed and martin will make them to your specs. I had extra bars (smaller gaps) and ones that wouldnt rub silver oh his white coat. Money very well spent :laugh:

C-Crates - steel - tough but heavy. $$$$ but worth it IMO. The Humvee of show trolleys.

OKS - aluminium - lighter - good for those with dodgy backs and for folk who won't put 90kg of crap in them and go offroading down goat tracks at aggies (which is where the CCrates shines)

I'm a C-crates fan. Each style of trolley has its devotees.

If hefting 22kg + of trolley in and out of a car is going to worry you, go aluminium. ;)

Edited by poodlefan

I found alot of people recommended the OKS. I looked at the c crates as well, but being alot heavier and having to lift it on top of the car ( I have a small hatchback, and two medium size dogs to take to shows) The OKS won, that and I got anodised bars so white doesnt rub off on the coat like Angelsophie!

My c-crate trolley is well over ten years old now. I've been hard on it, chucked it around, carted junk from the car to the rings and the worst it's suffered is one small bent wire.

The down side, is that it's a bit heavy, the good side, is that it will last at least another ten years.

My c-crate trolley is well over ten years old now. I've been hard on it, chucked it around, carted junk from the car to the rings and the worst it's suffered is one small bent wire.

The down side, is that it's a bit heavy, the good side, is that it will last at least another ten years.

I'm keeping an eye out for a second hand one to add to my collection. Why do they always seem to be for sale only in Qld or WA. ;)

I'm keeping an eye out for a second hand one to add to my collection. Why do they always seem to be for sale only in Qld or WA. ;)

Hi I'm in Melbourne you can buy my c creat second had shez 8 years old in good condition , I want to buy the new lighter one

Hi I'm in Melbourne you can buy my c creat second had shez 8 years old in good condition , I want to buy the new lighter one

What size is it?

What size is it?

Small the normal size I put three basenjis in it no probs , I will be at bulla on Saturday if that helps

I'm keeping an eye out for a second hand one to add to my collection. Why do they always seem to be for sale only in Qld or WA. :D

What size is it?

Small the normal size I put three basenjis in it no probs , I will be at bulla on Saturday if that helps

I'm in Canberra and after a maxi.. thanks anyway. I bet if you put it up on the classies here it will go like ;)

I had a steel one which was purchased when I was pregnant with #1 son (he's 18 next month) and it has only JUST started to fall apart. But it is very heavy.

I purchased one of the Horse At Home trolleys from ebay and it is STRICTLY a USE at Home trolley because it would probably fall apart if it moved from where it now lives in the loungeroom.

I also have an OKS and would definitely go another. Lightweight and easy to move around. Only criticism is that you cannot lock the swivel wheels into place so I have to remember to take chocks or the trolley goes walkabout on a slope.

Found out recently that the OKS manufacturer (now that Ozzie himself has passed) is Hilary Pederson's (All Breeds Judge) son and he lives at St Helens in Tasmania. Which could be REALLY handy because my parents live there too! ;)

I'm keeping an eye out for a second hand one to add to my collection. Why do they always seem to be for sale only in Qld or WA. :D

What size is it?

I'm in Canberra and after a maxi.. thanks anyway. I bet if you put it up on the classies here it will go like ;)

Forget classifieds, I am interested! unomee sent you a PM, I will also be at Bulla on Saturday!

I have an OKS one. It's about 13 years old and still in terrific order. I also invested in a heavy duty trolley cover from Great Rugs and this has certainly helped to keep it in good condition. :laugh:

I'm keeping an eye out for a second hand one to add to my collection. Why do they always seem to be for sale only in Qld or WA. :)

What size is it?

I'm in Canberra and after a maxi.. thanks anyway. I bet if you put it up on the classies here it will go like :laugh:

Forget classifieds, I am interested! unomee sent you a PM, I will also be at Bulla on Saturday!

cool come find me pm didnt come through