Dog Show Trolleys - Which Brand Is Best?

Dante

I have an OKS single-berth trolley, it's sturdy and has never given me any troubles... love it.

I have also just purchased a 2-berth trolley from Vebo Pet Supplies, it is reasonably sturdy and well-constructed but the finish is not the same quality as my OKS one. Next time I would go another OKS.

OKS trolleys will add brakes as an option. For those who live in out the way places, if you contact him directly he can quote you freight at really good prices, so give him a call it will be worth your while.

My c-crate trolley is well over ten years old now. I've been hard on it, chucked it around, carted junk from the car to the rings and the worst it's suffered is one small bent wire.

The down side, is that it's a bit heavy, the good side, is that it will last at least another ten years.

I'm keeping an eye out for a second hand one to add to my collection. Why do they always seem to be for sale only in Qld or WA. :love:

Keep your eyes peeled.. you'd be surprised where you find one! I found an old c-crates style steel trolley at the local sunday market - the lady had no idea what it was (oh yeah, you can probably stick your dog in there, or something..) :laugh: and I got it for $40! The matting needs replacing (clark rubber) but apart from that it's beaut! It's heavy as but I don't mind - I'm just happy that it will last. :love:

My c-crate trolley is well over ten years old now. I've been hard on it, chucked it around, carted junk from the car to the rings and the worst it's suffered is one small bent wire.

The down side, is that it's a bit heavy, the good side, is that it will last at least another ten years.

I'm keeping an eye out for a second hand one to add to my collection. Why do they always seem to be for sale only in Qld or WA. :rofl:

Keep your eyes peeled.. you'd be surprised where you find one! I found an old c-crates style steel trolley at the local sunday market - the lady had no idea what it was (oh yeah, you can probably stick your dog in there, or something..) :laugh: and I got it for $40! The matting needs replacing (clark rubber) but apart from that it's beaut! It's heavy as but I don't mind - I'm just happy that it will last. :thumbsup:

very true, i picked up c-crate trolley at my local market for $30.00 :rofl: perfect condition just needed a dusting off :thumbsup: I also picked up a c-crate large crate for $30.00... both in perfect condition just needing a dusting off :thumbsup:

I don't know what brand it is, but my mum bought some heavy thing when I was about 10 years old... my grandparents have it now. They have replaced the lid and the wheels but it's still going strong.

I'm 33 soon - those steel things have a very long life.

I have a really old, big steel one. It's a ripper. Shame I can't lift it without doing my back in!! And the wheels are fixed. It's a bitch to lift and push though. Handles goat tracks well though. Think it might be the brother to the one your mother bought, Ashanali!! The signature on the receipt says "Noah".

Bought an aluminum one from a pet supply place closing - made in asia somewhere, lasted for a while, and then the wheels fell off. The ball bearings were seized up. Got the handyman to have a go at it - $100 and it's better than new. Cost $180, so I think I am on a winner.

You can buy the patterned rubber or whatever it is at Clark Rubber too. I stuck some on the top of my trolley, couldn't get the bubbles out. Took it to a show in the boot, and my driving flattened out the bubbles :)

Has anyone tried the Cooee crates the bloke at Durack sells?

Edited by Jed