Dog/puppy Found

OMD²

Hi,

My friend found this guy wandering around FERNY HILLS (NARWIN STREET) area, apparently he has been wandering aroung for a few days. He has been taken to the vet, but has no chip or collar! He is currently staying at our house until his owners come forward etc

found1.jpg

found2.jpg

Edited by OMD²

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best to take him to the pound, as hard as that will be...what a cutie! That will give him and his owner the best chance of being reunited.

You can always leave your name on him to ensure his safety if an owner doesnt come forward.

Caz.. :thumbsup:

OMD you can ring the pound or just BCC call centre and they will put him on the system. Also ring the RSPCA. You can ask them for an email and send them the pics to add to the file. There is no real need to take him to the pound unless you don't want the trouble of looking after him. So long as his details and pictures are up on the websites.

OMD you can ring the pound or just BCC call centre and they will put him on the system. Also ring the RSPCA. You can ask them for an email and send them the pics to add to the file. There is no real need to take him to the pound unless you don't want the trouble of looking after him. So long as his details and pictures are up on the websites.

arh ok thank you :thumbsup:

I will do that. We kind of already paid for him to have a capstar and a wormer and Chris is giving him a bath (as we have 2 dog's and I didn't want them to get anything etc). I've printed off a found poster thingy.

Oh he is cute!! How old do you think he is? What do Oscar and Dude think of him??

Can you do a quick door knock in your area incase he lives nearby? Hope you find who owns him soon.

Ok We have called the BCC, RSPCA and the local pound. Sent through pictures of him, and they all say that it would be better if we could keep him for a few days or until someone shows up.... They have his picture and if anyone comes in looking they always show found pictures etc.

He is a very very very scared dog. He wee's himself when we go near him.. when Chris got a spare dog collar and lead out he wet himself and ran away and bared his teeth.

http://lostfound.rspcaqld.org.au/animal/an...&statusID=2

Edited by OMD²

The best way for him to be reunited with his family is for him to go to the pound. It is usually the first place people look when their animal goes missing.

Where OMD lives dogs are sent to the RSPCA -no local pound and the RSPCA is on a contract to the council.

The RSPCA are more than happy to put found dogs photo and details on their data base instead of actually having the dog physically at the shelter. Any enquiries are shown or directed to the data base.

In Qld there is no legal requirement for dogs to be taken to the pound.

Found dogs in Qld only have to be kept for 3 working days before PTS so they can actually have a better chance of being reunited with owners if housed at a private home prepared to keep teh dog longer than 3 days.

Awwwww what a cutie !!

Hopefully you will be able to find his owner soon!

I found a beautiful Husky the other day on our driveway. Luckily he had a collar on him with 'Runnaway' and his owner's no on it. I rang the number and they were able to come around straight away to collect him. Had they not been home, I don't know what I would have done? As it was I had to attach a rope to his collar.(which he then started howling!)

It is lovely of you and your OH to be temporary looking after him OM ! :rofl:

Do you think he is a bit bony or does this breed look like this? He ate some chicken before :rofl: Had a drink and has pee'd everywhere OMG Having a puppy in the house again HELP! Hopefully after our letter box drop and sign posts tomorrow someone will ring us about him

Hi,

My friend found this guy wandering around FERNY HILLS (NARWIN STREET) area, apparently he has been wandering aroung for a few days. He has been taken to the vet, but has no chip or collar! He is currently staying at our house until his owners come forward etc

found1.jpg

found2.jpg

Aren't there laws about what you have to do with a found animal in their area?

Where OMD lives dogs are sent to the RSPCA -no local pound and the RSPCA is on a contract to the council.

The RSPCA are more than happy to put found dogs photo and details on their data base instead of actually having the dog physically at the shelter. Any enquiries are shown or directed to the data base.

In Qld there is no legal requirement for dogs to be taken to the pound.

Found dogs in Qld only have to be kept for 3 working days before PTS so they can actually have a better chance of being reunited with owners if housed at a private home prepared to keep teh dog longer than 3 days.

Aren't there laws about what you have to do with a found animal in their area?

There should be laws that people read the whole thread before posting! :rofl:

Dear wee puppy, hope his owner's come forward. :D

Edited by Golden Rules

/quote]

There should be laws that people read the whole thread before posting! :D

Beautifully put Golden Rules :rofl::)

What a gorgeous looking little dog.

Best of luck finding his owners OMD. Hopefully some time spent with your dogs will help him get over his fear.

Edited by iffykharma