Bsl Brisbane Law Interpretation

rsea

It's a well known fact that when Xenu landed on earth he bought with him a very perculiar looking 4 legged creature. Xenu was the founder of Scientology and the 4 legged creature became known as the Staffordshire Bull Terrier.

Just saw this. Love it! :D

On topic, the outcome from the Gold Coast case is sure causing worries.

People I know of....lad at 18 yrs always wanted a staffy. Went to a breeder to get a pup, but it was an american staffy (didn't want to get the papers). The lad thought all staffies were the same, so he registered the dog with the Brisbane Council as a Staffordshire Terrier.

Couple years later he won entry to officer training.

Passed his beloved dog over to his aunt as new owner. This amstaff, for 5 years, has proven to be the best of dogs, in every way.

But now the ruling is that an amstaff & a pitbull are the same....so she's worried where this places her lovely dog. Innocently registered as a staffy...& with no papers saying she's an amstaff. Meanwhile, the lad is trying to remember the name of the breeder....!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and when he does remember the name of the breeder, that breeder should be hauled over the coals, for failing to either register the litter or provide the papers to the buyer. Unless you retain more than a 50% share in the dog, the papers go with the dog.

This case sure shows how thinking getting papers doesn't matter.....can come back to bite.

By the way, the vet thinks this amstaff girl is a very fine specimen of her breed.

Unfortunately what the vet thinks will hold no water. :D

I didn't mean that the vet's opinion would hold any water in ID'ing this girl for the authorities.

I meant that her looking like a fine specimen might make it easier to trace the original breeder.

I should have been clearer.

Mita

But now the ruling is that an amstaff & a pitbull are the same....so she's worried where this places her lovely dog. Innocently registered as a staffy...& with no papers saying she's an amstaff. Meanwhile, the lad is trying to remember the name of the breeder....!

An amstaff without papers is in the same position as the 10,000 odd dogs knocked off by councils. Up that creek without a paddle.

I fail to understand why registered BREEDERS who sell these breeds don't insist that buyers must take the papers.

Particularly with any bull breed, particularly Amstaffs, where the council may come knocking.

What can they be thinking? Hard on the owner, harder on the dog. He's the one who loses.

People get papers with every single pup I sell, whether they want them or not. There is no question, the papers go with the dog. And none of my dogs are likely to be in the gun any time soon.

*sigh*

Mita

An amstaff without papers is in the same position as the 10,000 odd dogs knocked off by councils. Up that creek without a paddle.

I fail to understand why registered BREEDERS who sell these breeds don't insist that buyers must take the papers.

Particularly with any bull breed, particularly Amstaffs, where the council may come knocking.

What can they be thinking? Hard on the owner, harder on the dog. He's the one who loses.

People get papers with every single pup I sell, whether they want them or not. There is no question, the papers go with the dog. And none of my dogs are likely to be in the gun any time soon.

*sigh*

Absolutely Jed, I fail to understand HOW they can let them go without papers :thumbsup:

It makes you wonder whether they really do care for the welfare of each and every pup, especially In today's time

Absolutely Jed, I fail to understand HOW they can let them go without papers

It makes you wonder whether they really do care for the welfare of each and every pup, especially In today's time

Me neither. Apart from being against the CC rules, which we all sign and agree to.

A lot of them aren't even aware of BSL!! Some don't think

The things that councils know, but not alot of people who own staffies is that the staffy was originally bred from the American Pit Bull and Crossed with another breed such as Bull mastiff or rottie to get a stronger and more intelligent dog for fighting

That is a gem right there havent heard one that silly for a long time.I am sorry but that statement shows your ignorance.I think you have read one to many media articles.The staffy was not bred from the pitbull it is the other way round and bullmastiff and rottie have not been added to either in there purebred form for purpose of improvement.What you are talking about is a bandog and the cross you describe has been done a million times in the uk and other places to breed a large aggressive dog.They are crackhouse dogs nothing more nothing less.

I am sorry for what has happened to your horse the owners of the dog should be held responsible but at the end of the day it is a containment issue not a breed issue there are plenty of dogs out there capable of inflicting the same damage on livestock and do every other week.It is up to people to control/contain there dogs if they did so there would be far less drama.Stick around and you may just learn something becuase god knows you sure have a lot to learn.

• 1 month later...
The SBT, AST and APBT are one and the same breed. Only Australia and NZ claim they are different as do people who limit their research to ANKC pseudo-histories.

And I suppose that is why the UK only recognise the SBT then?????????

Where ARE you from? Unbelievable statements......

p.s. my research is not limited to 'ANKC pap either'.

Opinion, fine. Facts lacking. Probably believe EBT (miniature, white and coloured) are different breeds :( . The Boston Terrier has common ancestry and is a different breed, but SBT, AST and APBT are not for the reasons already stated. You almost make whippets sound authoratative!!!! :eek:

First off - please don't be so rude.

Secondly, if you read my reply to you, I'm actually asking a question - hence the question marks!

I feel I'm rather wasting my time and effort even bothering to reply..........