Feeding A Dog Gravy

GABBA

I am currently feeding my 5 month old Mastiff Eukanuba dry puppy mix for large breeds and raw chicken. I have however found that several people add gravy to the mix (probably making the dry mix more appetising), and getting away with it without any negetive effects.

So, I am wondering is it safe to add some gravy to the dry mix, to enhance the taste?

Gravy usually = high salt, flavourings and preservatives.

If you dog doesn't enjoy it's dry food, it's telling you something, especially when they eat their raw and like it.

ETA: none of mine have ever liked Eukanuba, they may as well be eating cardboard, maybe one of the premium foods like Royal Canin, Artemis or Eagle pack might be the one for your dog.

Edited by SBT123

Alright thanks for that. I have been feeding him Eukanuba as it is good for him, however I think I will give the Royal Canin a go. The reason I am hesitant in switching however is because I can't imagine it tasting any different - all dry food would taste the same wouldn't it?

all dry food would taste the same wouldn't it?

:thumbsup: That's like saying all meat tastes the same .

it doesn't

some dry food is mostly good quality meat- some is mostly grain, some has chicken, others,fish,others beef/pork/mutton..read the ingredients list, and get a feel for what they all contain. A 'good' dry food has meat as the first ingredient......and has no artifiicial colours/flavours, etc.

Edited by persephone

Alright thanks for that. I have been feeding him Eukanuba as it is good for him, however I think I will give the Royal Canin a go. The reason I am hesitant in switching however is because I can't imagine it tasting any different - all dry food would taste the same wouldn't it?

Try the difference yourself. I've tried every dry that's been in my dogs mouths and there's a big difference between them. Euk and Science diet are like cardboard and I can't blame the dogs for not wanting to eat it.

My dogs like gravy on the left over roast veggies. :eek::)

:wave: left overs

Bugger the dogs, left over roast veg and gravy gets chucked in the freezer for me :thumbsup:

and I'm sure it's not part of your dogs daily diet. I know yours get Kingsleys too :thumbsup:

:D Not this year they haven't. Poor things. :rofl:

Sway had KFC on the way home from Sydney last year and puked it up on my seat. That's the last time my raw eaters get junk food :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Serves you right. If you'd gone to Maccas she'd have been OK.

Let me guess, you were towing the trailer but Sway was in the car? :)

Edited by poodlefan

Try the difference yourself. I've tried every dry that's been in my dogs mouths and there's a big difference between them. Euk and Science diet are like cardboard and I can't blame the dogs for not wanting to eat it.

I too have tried my dogs dry food, Nutros not too bad :thumbsup: Have also talked flatmates into trying it, they were not impressed. The old tux biscuits were terrible...

Gravy.........fed to dogs, mmmmmmmm, now wouldn't it make a difference if you got it out of a packet or made it yourself. I would not hesitate to feed dogs home made gravy. Many years ago a dog food manufacturer gave a packet of gravy in with the bag of dog food.