Woman Killed After Stopping For Dog

corrie

it can happen so easily too.

i spotted a turtle bent on crossing a major highway.

slammed on the brakes and got to the roadside fast as i could.

it was a quiet time of day so not a vehicl other than me in sight.

jumpd out dashed to the turtle n just as i picked him up a truck seemed to come out of nowwhere.

dont know who was more terrified, the turtle, me or the truckie.

although it was the turtle who weee'd all over me.

lucky the truckie had not only good brakes but he had no one in the other lane so veered over there as i ran for it.

soooo even if there doesnt seem another vehicle in sight, in the seconds i fixed my gaze on that turtle obviously the truck was comming round the corner, soo dont stop looking left n right every second or u too can end up roadkill

During a discussion once on the possibility of reincarnation, I was told that your family unit remains but you don't necessarily return again as a person, instead you may be a dog or cat etc but you will continue to evolve around each other.. with this thought in mind, perhaps they were meant to cross together - I'd like to think that was the reason.

How sad :(

I'll always stop for animals, but you need to be SO careful especially on freeways. Flick your hazards on, make sure you're not going to scare the dog back onto the road, and make sure you're completely aware of what's going on around you.

it can happen so easily too.

i spotted a turtle bent on crossing a major highway.

slammed on the brakes and got to the roadside fast as i could.

it was a quiet time of day so not a vehicl other than me in sight.

jumpd out dashed to the turtle n just as i picked him up a truck seemed to come out of nowwhere.

dont know who was more terrified, the turtle, me or the truckie.

although it was the turtle who weee'd all over me.

lucky the truckie had not only good brakes but he had no one in the other lane so veered over there as i ran for it.

soooo even if there doesnt seem another vehicle in sight, in the seconds i fixed my gaze on that turtle obviously the truck was comming round the corner, soo dont stop looking left n right every second or u too can end up roadkill

Edslaine lost a very good friend doing exactly what you did. She stopped her car to rescue a turtle and was hit and killed. Her very young daughter (only about 12 months old) was sitting in her car seat in the car. :laugh: Whilst I always try to help animals on the road Edslaine's friend's story makes sure I do it very, very carefully.