Doggy Subject Volunteers Brisbane

rocco

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Daisy is fine off leash so she will be fine with no collar. but just in case we get there and she's not switching on, Would a check chain be better than her blingy Ruthless collar? :eek:

ETA: yay, Huga's coming :laugh:

Edited by huski

Daisy is fine off leash so she will be fine with no collar. but just in case we get there and she's not switching on, Would a check chain be better than her blingy Ruthless collar? :eek:

ETA: yay, Huga's coming :laugh:

Yeah - a check chain would be my preference too if that's cool -it nestles in under that double coat of Sophies and you wouldn't know it was there. Problem solvered.

Yep, that's fine. As long as I have the ball, I have the power :eek:

Cool, crazy Harry face. :laugh:

I hope that face is ok, coz it's the only one he has :p

I'm going to try and get there a bit earlier so I can attempt to wear him out a tad before photo time.

Just to make it easy on Serena... the idea is that dogs MUST to be kept under control but the collars can't stand out. If a check chain is your choice, that's fine. If it's a flat collar, that's fine too, just as long as it's similar to the colour of the dog OR very plain.

I have a number of collars for the malinut but they're all black and he's sort of a fawny/red colour. The one I leave on him most of the time is a thin nylon slip collar, that hides relatively well in his coat, or I can leave a fursaver on him. He should be OK without a collar though, but I'll show you what I have on the day, Rocco, and you can decide which you prefer :)

edit: How did all those posts pop up without me seeing LOL

Huga we better keep your Harry and the malinut apart... they'll both want each others toys ROFL

Can I ask how this is going to be done? Will the dogs be out one at a time? If so the malinut should be fine, but if everyone will be standing around with their dogs he is just going to want to jump all over everyone and will be completely useless >_<

Edited by Jake-K9

Griffin will stay with me and he has a black collar that I can use on both dogs that will blend. Callista is a bit like Harry, if I have the ball she will stay where I am.

Just a heads up to all, Griffin is a bit touchy with other dogs... depending on the weather / his mood / the other dog / the alingment of the planets... so I will be bringing an extra set of hands or a crate with me. I would really appreciate if everyone could not let their dogs say hi to mine, I'll be the pregnant lady with the Frenchies.

Griffin will stay with me and he has a black collar that I can use on both dogs that will blend. Callista is a bit like Harry, if I have the ball she will stay where I am.

Just a heads up to all, Griffin is a bit touchy with other dogs... depending on the weather / his mood / the other dog / the alingment of the planets... so I will be bringing an extra set of hands or a crate with me. I would really appreciate if everyone could not let their dogs say hi to mine, I'll be the pregnant lady with the Frenchies.

I'd like to 2nd that - Sophie is great with other woofers but I hate people just barging up to me and letting the dogs sniff butts without asking.

Just ask first if they can say hi, 9 times out of 10 it's cool, but occasionally I can just tell from their energy that some dogs are going to flick Sophie's crazy switch and make her a jumping drooling loon who's going to play no matter what's in her way - lol.

The photo will have to be done fairly quick. :( If there is anything that will get your dog to focus bring it with you. I cant have the light changing too much so my little photography helper... AKA: Ash will be putting you all into line. ;)

(for once Ash is my photography biatch... usually I'm hers, Im so moving up in this world) :laugh: :p

Yay, Sparky - I haven't seen you in ages!!

Huga are you going to get there early to use the dog park? I'm not terribly fond of New Farm dog park but I was thinking of going earlier to do a bit of training.