Medicine For Diarrheoa

teekay

I got some medicine for my puppy back in July last year when ahe had a bad bout of diarrheoa. It's a pink medicine and I think the name of it begins with P and ends in an L. There is water damage on the label so i cannot see what it is called. I had to give my 5kg puppy 1.75ml every 8 hours. It's expiry date is 9/2010. It worked wonders at the time.

Now my 2 year old rescue Husky, Mya has a bit of a runny bum. I don't think it is anything serious, she is fine in herself but I was wondering whether to give her some of this medicine. If so, how much should I give, she is 14kg. If there is no improvement by Monday, i will pop her down to the vets but I don't think it warrants a trip to the emergency weekend vet. Any advice would be great. I will not give her any tea tonight and probably give her chicken and rice tomorrow to try and help settle things down too.

Was it peptosyl? Black bottle?

If so the dose for dogs is .25 - .5ml /kg. Daily

Thanks, from what I can make out that looks like the name on the bottle, but I think the vet just put 50ml in a plain white bottle. Probably because we didn't need much.

No, I remember it wasn't scourban because that is what I asked for but they said this was better? It definitely begins with a P as well. I'm presuming peptosyl is pink too? It smells like something you would rub on sore muscles, nasty stuff.

All I can help you with is that the last bottle of peptosyl was white and smelt like peppermint and the bottle of scour ban is pink.

Nothing to say that they may both be pink now.

I use Peptosyl for the babies and Scour ban for adults.