Elbie, Hoover, Dodge & Friends!

a little OT, but I was looking at the rescue forum - there was a listing for DAS here in canberra. Is it me, or does this little un look like a littermate of Elbies:

linky...

ETA: not looking for another dog... trust me. One stubbourn Akita is enough :confused:

ETA Again: re-read the thread and saw that KTB already found him...

Edited by KumaAkita

I've noticed more people lurking in here than have posted, too :confused:

I have just been looking at the Dogzonline home page - the one that has all the breed/show info. It seems 3 of Kuma's littermates are champion Akitas! They look a lot bigger than my boy, probably coz they're entire, and their coats are MUCH nicer than his. Guess that comes from really professional products and not being allowed to roll in the dirt! :confused: I like to keep an eye on my breeder's dogs to see how they are going.

I like following the progress of Ava's breeder's dogs too KA... There are pics of her brother (Dragon) and her mum (Vivi) in this post. Ava looks like her mum rather than her handsome boofer brother! Apart from her colouring I think she's a wonderful specimen! :laugh: One of her other brothers is doing obedience so I think it might turn into a bit of a competition at some point... ha :confused:

I've noticed more people lurking in here than have posted, too :confused:
I have just been looking at the Dogzonline home page - the one that has all the breed/show info. It seems 3 of Kuma's littermates are champion Akitas! They look a lot bigger than my boy, probably coz they're entire, and their coats are MUCH nicer than his. Guess that comes from really professional products and not being allowed to roll in the dirt! :confused: I like to keep an eye on my breeder's dogs to see how they are going.

I like following the progress of Ava's breeder's dogs too KA... There are pics of her brother (Dragon) and her mum (Vivi) in this post. Ava looks like her mum rather than her handsome boofer brother! Apart from her colouring I think she's a wonderful specimen! :laugh: One of her other brothers is doing obedience so I think it might turn into a bit of a competition at some point... ha :confused:

Glad it's not just me then! They look like such good dogs - great stock Ava comes from! I'm intrigued by the Aussie coat markings, do they vary so much in litters?

darnnit - just noticed the time. that's the end of my lunch, better get back to work!

Nothing like a bit of healthy competition! But by all accounts, Wuffles, you and Ava are going great guns!

That rescue dog was pretty. I like that they're all so the same, but have hugely different faces.

a little OT, but I was looking at the rescue forum - there was a listing for DAS here in canberra. Is it me, or does this little un look like a littermate of Elbies:

I thought the exact same thing and like you I scrolled down and noticed that KTB had noticed him first :confused:

Dragon and Vivi are so preatty and congrats on Ava's mum for getting her first BoB

I wish i could track the progress of ike's breeders.. i found them on DOL but now they have gone :confused:

What's your breeder's prefix? You got Ike from the local guys who have since moved, right? I saw them rehoming their mature dogs.

Try this listing - see if any of them are your littermates: Linky

Look at all us lurkers :confused:

Do you have a link to Kuma's littermates? I'd love to see what bigger than Kuma looks like!

I'm not sure if any of James' littermates went to show homes. Two were sent to WA for the guide dog programme. His breeder mentioned an interest in keeping on one of the girls but I think she may have ended up being sent down south to one of her friends...not sure if it was as a show prospect. All of the boys went to pet homes, I know for sure.

Do you have a link to Kuma's littermates? I'd love to see what bigger than Kuma looks like!

Ask and ye shall recieve:

clicky clicky

He's from Daykeyne and his littermates are:

* Carefactor Zero (Marshall - dog)

* Hands off the Booty (Oshii - bitch)

* The Pleasure is Yours (Drama - bitch)

check out Marshall, he's a biggun.

wow Kuma's littermates are spread out, Marshall sounds like he is doing great in the show rings at the moment

what is Kuma's pedigree name? did you get to pick

yep... he's Daykeyne Kuma :confused: Very original ! Tabatha is awesome, lets her pet dogs be given pet names. I think Kuma has a fault, which is why he isn't a show dog. Don't know what that fault is, but she said "he's almost show quality". We just think he's a lovely lump of a dog.

He cost us a fortune, but we knew what kinda quality we were getting. He's worth every cent (most of the time :confused::confused: )

They're stunning! I'm particularly taken with Drama - she's a beautiful girl!

Yeah, she's a beauty. Tabatha has kept her, don't blame her really!

clicky clicky

Oooh the feature profile at the top of the link, Overhills swift of fut is the littermate of the dad of my potential pup :confused:

http://dogzonline.com.au/breeds/profile.asp?dog=31617

aaand this is the bitch:

http://dogzonline.com.au/breeds/profile.asp?dog=38801

On the waiting list, and this is definitely my favourite breeding so far. So I have my fingers and toes crossed!

Kuma's siblings are gorgeous :confused:

I don't think I could ever tire of looking at Akita photos!

clicky clicky

Oooh the feature profile at the top of the link, Overhills swift of fut is the littermate of the dad of my potential pup :confused:

http://dogzonline.com.au/breeds/profile.asp?dog=31617

aaand this is the bitch:

http://dogzonline.com.au/breeds/profile.asp?dog=38801

On the waiting list, and this is definitely my favourite breeding so far. So I have my fingers and toes crossed!

Kuma's siblings are gorgeous :confused:

I don't think I could ever tire of looking at Akita photos!

Good luck Minxy! Overhills Swift of Fut has awesome markings :confused: Also heard good things of Goodomen. hmmm.. Akita photos. They are lovely fluffy boofers :laugh:

Overhills guns a fut has such a pretty colour, Minxy are the puppys on the way or is it a planned litter?

well its past 2 o'clock and no vacume yet

Pups are due to be born roughly November 11th - so the suspense is killing me at the moment! :cry: Apparently it's the first ever mating of this colour combination (or something like that) so it's a very exciting litter for them. He's such a strikingly handsome boy!!