Elbie, Hoover, Dodge & Friends!

I think James' stomach will be the beneficiary of Santa's generosity. Will have to find something yummy for him.

Wizzle: I'm a bit in awe of your organisational skills! Having all the Christmas shopping out of the way by mid-October is impressive :rofl:

Genevieve in the paper sounds adorable. I always wonder when I hear about little dogs on top of tables - is she able to jump straight up onto the table or is it done via chairs? James has to flail his little hind paws when climbing onto a bed (unless he's had a run up or is mid-zoomie), so the idea of making it onto a table, no less, is very foreign to me :laugh:

Edited by Niques

Santa is a brave man to sneak stealthily and unannounced into a house with an Akita - especially with all those reindeer ... :rofl:

I think that Santa would just have to release the reindeer for Kuma to round up while he's busy sneaking into the house... but yes, you're right, it would take a brave man :laugh:

I always wonder when I hear about little dogs on top of tables - is she able to jump straight up onto the table or is it done via chairs? James has to flail his little hind paws when climbing onto a bed (unless he's had a run up or is mid-zoomie), so the idea of making it onto a table, no less, is very foreign to me :rofl:

Me too! I have a boofer of a dog who won't* even jump into the back of the stationwagon. He puts his front paws up and give us this pathetic "help please..." look

*note that it's not can't... he can jump in there well enough, he likes playing us for fools!

Stuff Santa, mine get presents whenever I see something they might like... :laugh:

I bought them some deer antlers from a DOLer and they are a bit hit! :rofl: They even ate them beside each other without problems (Satch was keeping a close eye on Ava thought to make sure she didn't come too close to his). They seem like they are going to last forever so even though they were expensive I am happy :rofl:

IMG_2733.jpg

:laugh: I came in here to catch up with the latest on Elbie and I find he has a new brother :rofl:

Congrats on the new additon, he looks absolutley gorgeous! They are going to have so much fun together!

well thanx for answering my questions KTB

wuffles - do you give your dogs bones when you are away, or kongs? do they ever fight or steal each others? how do you stop the dominant dog from pushing the other one off their bed or pushing in for pats?

sorry am thinking about a second dog myself but i would hate for this to have bad effects on my training of raz and his personality now

sorry am thinking about a second dog myself but i would hate for this to have bad effects on my training of raz and his personality now

I'm emo, probably PMS and just being a big girl's blouse today so I wouldn't be too fussed about anything I've said causing worries about derailing training :rofl:This from the person who was sniffling into her coffee and dabbing at her eyes at the thought of Elbie the Pitiful Omega Dog. Heaps and heaps of people seem to manage to juggle multiple dogs/puppies ... I suspect it's just slightly harder work ... or something :laugh:

Edited by koalathebear

well thanx for answering my questions KTB

wuffles - do you give your dogs bones when you are away, or kongs? do they ever fight or steal each others? how do you stop the dominant dog from pushing the other one off their bed or pushing in for pats?

They get Kongs when we are away but not bones. Kongs are not particularly high value for my two. They have one each and Ava learned very quickly not to near Satch's Kong (he will growl at her if she gets too close, but lets her have it when he is done). When they get bones, Ava goes in her crate and Satch eats his outside. Ava is so submissive to him that I doubt she would ever react to any of his growls but I try not to take chances.

If one pushes in for pats we stop patting both and ignore them both.

If Satch ever bullies Ava (eg. standing over her for no reason) we tell him "no" and he stops. He does this very, very rarely these days.

Keep in mind that not all dogs are like ours. In fact most people in multi dog households probably have no problems with sharing food and bones and have dogs that are best buddies. It's just something you have to be prepared for, and honestly, it's easy to manage in our case. When we had a foster dog here who was very very dominant, we left no toys or food out with them, and they were always fed completely separately. It was no problem and they got along well. I think we would have a problem on our hands if we had another dog with the same level of dominance as Satch, but we let our breeder know this to ensure we got a puppy that suited our situation.

I think James' stomach will be the beneficiary of Santa's generosity. Will have to find something yummy for him.

Wizzle: I'm a bit in awe of your organisational skills! Having all the Christmas shopping out of the way by mid-October is impressive :rofl:

Genevieve in the paper sounds adorable. I always wonder when I hear about little dogs on top of tables - is she able to jump straight up onto the table or is it done via chairs? James has to flail his little hind paws when climbing onto a bed (unless he's had a run up or is mid-zoomie), so the idea of making it onto a table, no less, is very foreign to me :laugh:

Ok, so the truth comes out!! I am a little bit obsessive compulsive.... and don't function well when I am not organised! I am a little bit anal... I used to drive my Mum insane when I lived at home, because I would be nagging her to put the tree up from about mid October so I had somewhere to put my pressies! She hated it because we still had a few birthdays to go before then!

I usually start shopping July/August and put things on layby... which I did, but it meant that I had to pick the laybys up!!! This year I made the most of the toy sales, and managed to get some of the adults of the family gifts that are classed as kids toys too!!! Also, this year we have family coming from interstate, Hubby will be away until the 23rd, I am working right up to the 23rd, plus I don't know how I will be feeling then (given I feel like crap now... :swear: ). So, thought I may as well do it while I am on a roll and feeling up to it. I also am sending a lot of gifts this year, so they will need to leave well before Christmas.

We are starting to clean out the 'spare room' (aka Mr Wizzle's crap room) to make it the 'nursery', so I've been ruthless and have chucked a whole bunch of stuff out. So in the bottom of the cupboard were the presents.... I thought I may as well wrap them.

In regards to Missy getting up on the table... Let me paint the picture... *Does a Sophia from the Golden Girls*... Cork (slippery) floors. One very long timber dining table. 8 High back leather chairs... She pushes the chairs out from the table and jumps up on them, and then jumps up on to the table. When jumping off, she looks hilarious because she knows she is in trouble and you see her looking for the fasted exit route, but she won't jump on to the floor from the table, so she has to go the slow way, via the chair! :rofl: Last night, I had pushed the chair back as I got up to walk off... "She was in! Look who's top dog now Mummy!!!". I'd love to know if she would jump in my grave that fast!!! I probably hadn't closed the toilet door behind me and she was already on the table! Delinquent dog! She may well be a 'private school girl' KTB, but she sure can be feral! Spoilt rich kid maybe? :rofl:

I want to get Genevieve a booster seat for Christmas this year. No fun in it for her of course, plenty for me!! At the moment she has the rear section of my car (Hyandai Tuscon), but once a pram is semi-permanently in there, she won't fit. So I figure in the back seat I can have Genevieve on one side, Wee Wizzle on the other... maybe. See how I feel about that when the time comes!

The seat might not fit in her stocking though, so I will get a couple of toys for that. Can't wait to see her try and sniff those out!!!!

Santa will be visiting my puppies. :) I always get my sister's 2 monsters pressies and also my Mum's dogs pressies, last year they got my rabbits presents. :(

Wow Wizzle, you sure are organised!!

ETA: Ooooh I might have to buy my 2 ferals some antlers to try...!

Edited by Clastic

Did anyone else notice wuffles has colour co-ordinated dogs and the mat? :(

:)

Although it would be a great idea to colour co-ordinate so that the fur wouldn't show up, the mat is actually brown and cream... damn! :)

Add some pics of your boy betsy, not enough Aussie love in this thread yet :)

wuffles is a good promotional person ... I've just bought two antlers, too :(

Didn't take much convincing :)

Off to obedience with Satch. I am so sick, I got a cold and it has gone straight to my chest, is nasty stuff. Waiting for antibiotics to take effect. But I'm going anyway, what a dedicated mum I am :)

Think the antlers came from someone on DOL. Check out the marketplace in off topic. Correct me if I'm wrong...

BTW Canberrans... Flash flood warning for the ACT region tonight. Rain expected from 9:00 pm, snow expected on Saturday morning. Awesome!!! (take care!)

Edited by KumaAkita

Think the antlers came from someone on DOL. Check out the marketplace in off topic. Correct me if I'm wrong...

BTW Canberrans... Flash flood warning for the ACT region tonight. Rain expected from 9:00 pm, snow expected on Saturday morning. Awesome!!!

It's like Dog wants us to get soaking wet during Hoover's house-training ... :(

Primedogs: the thread is here.

Photo Time!

Kuma got a new bed for his kennel today. The one we were using was too small and a certain dog kept taking it out of the kennel and leaving it lying willy nilly in the back yard. Kuma swears it wasn't him. Not sure if I believe him (and posted evidence to the contrary) :(

P1000381.jpg

Annnd... while the OH was at Pet Barn he bought some of those Kong Treats, Kuma discovered he likes those:

P1000391.jpg

Not much chewing on the super heavy duty Kong yet, but I'm sure he'll work it out in the end.