Elbie, Hoover, Dodge & Friends!

ooh how exciting I don't know how you could wait I can't even wait to see if KTB has a vacume cleaner or a vacume cleaner, I know absoloutly nothing about Akitas what would his colour be called?

I've been searching since January, and I'm not a very patient person I will admit, so this has definitely been torture for me!! The breeder of the bitch described him to me as "Fox red with black trim". All the Akita breed standard sites basically say that all colours are acceptable, which isn't very helpful :cry: I did find one site that had a zillion colour combinations described, so looking at that I think the closest would probably be: Red, Black Overlay: Red coat with black tips and/or guard hairs.

Minxy - no way! Kuma was born on 11-Nov-2009! That would be just too funny! :)

;) :rofl: Oh that would be so funny! Our boys could share a birthday then

The new vacuum cleaner arrived at 1pm today. It arrived in very good condition, a little subdued after its epic, epic journey from up North but once in the car was very curious and remarkably well-behaved.

It's a very quiet but playful vacuum cleaner. Elbie has not yet met the vacuum cleaner, but definitely knows something is afoot ... :cry:

Photos below ...

:)

fisher-price-learning-vacuum-cleaner.jpg

Such a sweetie. And a chunky monkey!!!!! 9 kg!!!!

Good luck with meeting Elbie. He knows. They always know. They'll be best friends before you know it! Chasing each other round the place - lots and lots of laughs to come I'm sure!

Congratulations!

Couldn't see the pics until I was home from work! :cry:

Wow, I can't believe he's 9kg already! Ava was 8kg at 12 weeks. Did you get to see how big mummy and daddy are?

He looks like a calm and confident little chap (then again, Ava slept the whole day once she got to our place, so the first day probably isn't a great indication) :)

Oops, I made a mistake. He's 8kg. Still a chunky monkey though :rofl: Breeder says he will be a big Kelpie not a little one ... :cry:

wizzle: his name is really Hoover. :)

Primedogs: How did you know about Kempsey? I don't remember mentioning it. ;) Also - click on the vacuum cleaner above for photos :)

Edited by koalathebear

OK, they've met. First in the front yard, then in the backyard, then in the kitchen. They're not playing with each other yet, just skirting around one another but they've sniffed each other out and have gone go sleep in their beds - Elbie on my left:

sleep01.jpg

Hoover on my right

sleep02.jpg

KTB because I am psychic :cry: or when browsing the TP I saw her ad I have watched the video and seen his adorable little face.

If he is 8kg now did the breeder have an idea how large he would get, Elbie always looks smallish in your videos and photos how much does he weigh currently?

KTB because I am psychic :cheer: or when browsing the TP I saw her ad I have watched the video and seen his adorable little face. If he is 8kg now did the breeder have an idea how large he would get, Elbie always looks smallish in your videos and photos how much does he weigh currently?

Haha. You're very clever. :) I wonder how you knew it was her out of all the ones listed. She's a registered breeder recommended by the Working Kelpie Council and very helpful. She warned us that Hoover will be a "big kelpie" and not a "little" Kelpie. Not sure how big he's supposed to grow overall but have asked.

Elbie's 15.5kg now at 8 months so he's bigger than Hoover by a bit - not sure how big he will grow overall because he's a crossbreed.