1000km Rule Or National No Cc Rule

SwaY

1000km rule or National no CC rule  

100 members have voted

1. 1. If there is a NATIONAL breed show do you think it should be:

• No CC's handed out at any show AUSTRALIA WIDE
    • No CC's within 1000kms of the show (the current ruling)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If people don't want attend a national why stop them supporting another club that can use the entry fees.

No one is stopping them supporting another club, THEY themselves are because they can't get CC points.

At last some one has got the message. :D Who is going to go if no points are offered.

So all clubs miss out on that particular breed through out Australia. Not on in my books. Just do away with the 1000 km rule. :p

Really that's just being dog in the manger. (if I can't go no else can) ;)

In my eyes and mine only (and I'm known for calling a spade a shovel) a National is another name for a Speciality, well..... only the same breed there.

At a speciality the 1000 km rule doesn't apply so why at breed show with just another name.

Edited by oakway

I voted no CC's to be handed out.

It doesn't stop anyone from supporting a local club, you can enter and show your dogs, you just don't get awarded any points.

Not in this day and age their are some who can't afford to do that.

Crikey that's like going and buying a lottery ticket and knowing your number is not going to be put in. Not likely.

IMO you have ample notice for a National Breed show, you make a decision quite early on as to whether or not you wish to spend the money and take your dogs to that show. You save hard to go, or you stay at home, no need to head off to a local AB's show, it's only ONE weekend out of an entire year (some Nationals like ours, bi-annually)...

I voted No CC's handed out at any show AUSTRALIA WIDE

Me too :laugh:

Thought I'd add, our National is once every three years. Ample opprtunity to save hard to go if you really wanted to. It is only one weekend.

Edited by benshiva

I voted no CC's to be handed out.

It doesn't stop anyone from supporting a local club, you can enter and show your dogs, you just don't get awarded any points.

These are my feelings.

I WISH we had a national for my breed but we don't.

And for people who complain about the expense of travelling to a national, don't go! If you don't like the idea of not getting points if you choose to enter a local show on the same day, don't enter your local show!

Spend a day off from showing, go see a movie. I don't understand why people are so desperate to go to every single show that is on the calendar???

*disclaimer - this comes from a person who hasn't been to a show since last August. :laugh: *

IMO you have ample notice for a National Breed show, you make a decision quite early on as to whether or not you wish to spend the money and take your dogs to that show. You save hard to go, or you stay at home, no need to head off to a local AB's show, it's only ONE weekend out of an entire year (some Nationals like ours, bi-annually)...

We agree with you, it won't "HURT" any of us to stay at home. But why should we, when we can go to and support another show if points were offered It appears to me that if the original poster had known that no points were on offer they would not have entered the show.

Especially, when in this state as it can rather difficult and costly to get out of, and said previously we just can't get in the car and drive there.

If people want to go, they will be there, but don't discriminate against those that couldn't or carn't go.

We have two other states have distance problems also, but they are not effected by the 1000 km rule, we are.

As far as I am aware, any Nationals held in Vic., SA., Can. and NSW will effect this state depending on where the show is held.

This rule does not bring more entries to a National than those that wish to enter. All it does is stop other clubs within the 1000 km radius getting entries because no points are available on that day.

If it was no points Australia wide, the Clubs would be screaming because of the loss of entries in the numerically large breeds.

I voted no CC's Australia wide - its either all or nothing IMO.

We had entered a show on just last weekend. There was nothing in the dog world about no CC's for Labradors due to National being on. My entries were accepted and I honestly was none the wiser (I thought that if CC's werent on offer it would of been written in there and I wouldnt of entered at all).

It was only at my breed club meeting that I found out that CC's were NOT going to be awarded. So hence I and several other people rang the club and withdrew our entries (still waiting on my refund for that I might add :clap: )

So really the club missed out on several entries for people that may have really wanted to go to the National, but just couldnt afford to, or for me I have puppies at home.

Now on this subject - the weekend before we were at a show at the same grounds and not ONE of the people that were going to the National were even at that show.

However I could of driven north from my home and the show that was on would of been outside the 1000 km's and thus eligible for points.

This rule does not bring more entries to a National than those that wish to enter. All it does is stop other clubs within the 1000 km radius getting entries because no points are available on that day.

I agree !!

Edited by MissMonaro

In my eyes and mine only (and I'm known for calling a spade a shovel) a National is another name for a Speciality, well..... only the same breed there.

At a speciality the 1000 km rule doesn't apply so why at breed show with just another name.

No it isn't. In cockers a specialty will attract approx 50 entries (if it is lucky) a National will attract approx 300. A National (cockers) MUST have a British A list judge, a big cost to the club holding the National. They are also a 2 day show with a presentation dinner, huge prizes and held every 2 years in a different state. Not in WA, NT or TAS because there are no breed clubs to hold it. So very very different to a specialty!!

If you really want a National in Tas then approach your breed club.

I voted no CCs Aust wide.

No it isn't. In cockers a specialty will attract approx 50 entries (if it is lucky) a National will attract approx 300. A National (cockers) MUST have a British A list judge, a big cost to the club holding the National. They are also a 2 day show with a presentation dinner, huge prizes and held every 2 years in a different state. Not in WA, NT or TAS because there are no breed clubs to hold it. So very very different to a specialty!!

If you really want a National in Tas then approach your breed club.

I voted no CCs Aust wide.

I don't care what you call it :clap: it's still only a breed show for cockers. Or any other breed for that matter with the name National. :clap:

We are not talking about individual breeds we are discussing the 1000 km rule. :clap:

I just don't understand why any of the dog showing fraternity would want to do a local poll and vote to ban points being offered anywhere in Australia and stop clubs from receiving the normal amount of entries for that breed when the owners were not going to attend the National anyway.

Sorry I fail to see the logic in that.

I just don't understand why any of the dog showing fraternity would want to do a local poll and vote to ban points being offered anywhere in Australia and stop clubs from receiving the normal amount of entries for that breed when the owners were not going to attend the National anyway.

It's not about stopping clubs getting entries for ONE breed, well not IMO anway...

For me it's about people who refuse to attend a breed Specialty/National show, if you won't take your dogs to a specialty to compete against mass numbers of your own breed then you shouldn't be awarded points at an AB's show on the same weekend!

Im with Oakway on this one...I think it is bad enough having a 1000km ban now (i would vote 500km) Australia is far too big. Why should someone be 'punished' in Cairns or Darwin, just because they might hold a National in Melbourne or Perth !! It is ridiculous. These days it is hard enough to get to local shows. Ive been tempted a few times to head to Melbourne for a kelpie specialty, but unless I drove down there (taking at least a week of my holidays!), the logistics of trying to fly is just too hard.

Sydney and Brisbane are less than 1000km away.. so if a National is held in one city, the other doesnt have CC's?? stupid.

I have to add, we do not have a Kelpie National, and if we did, I think we would be lucky to get 100 entries.. in Brisbane at our annual Cattle Dog & Kelpie specialty we are lucky to get 20 kelpie entries and we have international judges !

no surprise that I voted "No CC's Australia wide" ....

it's unfortunate that the show schedules discussec didn't mention that no CC's were on offer .. but really ... who doesn't know when their

National show is being held ????

no surprise that I voted "No CC's Australia wide" ....

it's unfortunate that the show schedules discussec didn't mention that no CC's were on offer .. but really ... who doesn't know when their

National show is being held ????

:clap: