First Show

Lhok

On the weekend I was able to attend my first show it went sort of like this..

On Saturday I was nervous so I got to the grounds early, I unpacked my equipment from my car and made my way to a perfect spot near the ring. Set up was a breeze and I had some time on my hands so I went for a wander to look at the competition. There was plenty of beautiful dogs the tallest hounds to the tiny chihuahua, on my way back to my camp I got myself a coffee and had a look at the schedule.

The day passed and there was much to be done I waited till my breed was called and took off to the ring. Camera in hand I got plenty of pictures to look at and saw some very good looking dogs.

At the end of the day I was exhausted but happy.

I think I will get into showing.. once I get my show quality dog :thumbsup:

--Lhok

p.s Thanks to all who made my day letting me photo your beautiful dogs and asking all my newbie questions :laugh:

Glad you enjoyed your first dog show :thumbsup: I can still remember my first show as a spectator... I was totally bewildered, didn't have a clue what was going on :laugh: What breed are you going to get? :shrug:

I went to the show to look at Pyrenean Mountain Dogs, but seeing how there were none to be seen that day I went I fell in love with an Akita. So I will have to look into both and find out which one is for me :thumbsup:

--Lhok

Oooh

I didn't know there was one but I will now :rofl:

--Lhok

:( we'll be up for Saturday/Sunday shows so hope to see you (we have Corgis, come say hi)!

I will come and definately say hello, and hopefully I will have my camera back after it gets fixed from my dog sitting on it :cry:

--Lhok

Glad to hear you had a fabulous time, showing is lots of fun and you do make many great friends!

~ It is nice to see new people getting involved, and once you decide on the perfect dog for you I am sure you will have loads of fun together ~

Best of luck

So nice to hear you enjoyed it - that is why we here are all hooked on our hobby, enjoying a day out with our beautiful dogs :eek: sounds like heaven to us.

Once you start going to shows and your eyes are opened to so many beautiful breeds, all looking their best, it will make your decision even harder. At least there will be knowledgeable people there who can help you to decide which is the right breed for you.

Good luck :o

Thanks for the replies :laugh:

can't wait to go to the next show, I also have started looking into breed standards but they look like a whole lot of gobbly gook at the moment as I don't know how to read one and get the information out of it and apply it to the dog. I also might be just getting ahead of myself but I am enjoying all this research ;)

--Lhok