Order Of Group Judging

No way, you have a whole 100 dogs in your show, we have that in group 7,

I wouldn't have time to mingle if the show was that small :laugh:

Ah, but if you were here, there could be 104 :p

We only have one judge for all groups, heaps of mingling time. ;)

I used to be in Nonsporting when I lived in Canada, and the lot of us called it "the forgotten group"....we often joked about it though pretending to be show secretaries...."Well there...all the groups sorted out and timed...oh wait....Non Sporting!!! uhm....well....shove it in at the end...no one will care and we won't have to listen to the poodle people bitch that they didn't have enough time to put up a topknot!"

And yes, I got sick and tired of the damn group being the last one on as well!

After years of showing Afghans I always swore I'd never have another "A" breed so now I'm going to petition the ANKC to change the name to "Silky Terrier, Australian"!

I know that some shows in Ontario in Canada, will flip the alphabet to try to make it more fair for everyone so that some don't always have to start first....the funny part is, in the toy group in Canada, you would in fact be listed as "Silky Terrier"...they don't use the Australian part, so you are almost at the end of the group of dogs followed often only by Yorkies.

(friend of mine breeds silkies and I have shown many of hers.....a bunch of them have tried to move the breed to the terrier ring)

Be happy that they don't mix group 6 and 7 together like they use to years back. I remember when group 6/7 specials finished around 5-6pm. All the other groups where done and it was always 6/7 that held the show up :D . Back in the 80's they had larger entries for shows as well.

Be happy that they don't mix group 6 and 7 together like they use to years back. I remember when group 6/7 specials finished around 5-6pm. All the other groups where done and it was always 6/7 that held the show up :D . Back in the 80's they had larger entries for shows as well.

Oh yes, I remember looking at mum and dads old 6&7 trophies just thinking "wow, times have changed" Plus, they are really old fashioned wooden trophies that are now hidden in the cupboard due to their ugliness :thumbsup:

Off topic - But they threw out 2 washing baskets full of ribbons last year... I was so angry! I wanted to sew them together and make a ribbon quilt :rofl:

I can't sew much with my piddly 4 ribbons :rofl:

Be happy that they don't mix group 6 and 7 together like they use to years back. I remember when group 6/7 specials finished around 5-6pm. All the other groups where done and it was always 6/7 that held the show up :eek: . Back in the 80's they had larger entries for shows as well.

Yep even up in QLD in the 80's at Durack a normal size show was 1600 to 1800 odd entries! and an international judge weekend would get 2200 odd entries.

These days a normal Duarck show has maybe 600 entries, and an international judge weekend might get 1200 to 1500!

I would like to see some of the groups reversed alphabetically for judging and for entering the ring for group specials.

eg start with Tibetan terrier, Shih Tzu, Shar Pei all the way to Bostons at the very end of the line up.

Keeshonds will still be in the middle so it wouldn't worry them.

BB

In North America, it was group three (working) that used to be huge..it held the herding dogs as well and it would take every bit of a full day to complete one group and the ring wasn't even remotely large enough to handle all these big dogs....it was a good thing when we split working and herding (the equivalent of utility and working)

I would like to see some of the groups reversed alphabetically for judging and for entering the ring for group specials.

eg start with Tibetan terrier, Shih Tzu, Shar Pei all the way to Bostons at the very end of the line up.

Keeshonds will still be in the middle so it wouldn't worry them.

BB

If they did that I'd miss my call :laugh: I'm usually a late arrival for shows (when I go).

Actually from a Non Sporting Person I always hear other groups being called for BOB's to line up for the group, well before we are done.

But yes it is annoying waiting, I really wish they would mix it up a bit over a 3 day show etc cant hurt really can it?

They do it with poodles, why can't they do it with every other breed?

When I used to show the Minis I'd always have to go check the standard and toys peoples numbers so I would know if they were going alphabetically at that particular show, or by size.