Where To Buy Show Leads?

Gumnut

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whereabouts is the best place to buy a show lead?

Are there different types? If so what is the best for a Lab?

Thanks in advance :laugh:

You can generally buy them from shows, lots of the bigger shows have a shop you can buy them from. It's kind of trial and error as to which one suits your dog best I think. You might need to go through a few different styles of leads (martingale, soft, check chain etc) to find whats best or your dog and you..

You can buy from online stores and ebay as well.. There's some really nice designs out there for leads! I have more than enough now! :rofl:

snazzypoochleads.com :)

Kim ans Ros have great designs and they have a new range out starting from $15 now under starter leads.

If they dont have what your looking for ask them and they will custom one. Tell them your new, your breed, what you want and price range.

Lebrat got a special one for turning 1 :laugh: And we started the new baby out on her own too.

bec

There are also a few of us around who handbraid kangaroo leather show leads of various types too.

slightly OT but ellz how are they going?? I was watching the learning to thread with much interest :laugh: I really like the black and sliver very fine kangaroo braided leads of course with bling! :) you need to post some piccies of finished items :laugh:

There are also a few of us around who handbraid kangaroo leather show leads of various types too.

slightly OT but ellz how are they going?? I was watching the learning to thread with much interest :) I really like the black and sliver very fine kangaroo braided leads of course with bling! :laugh: you need to post some piccies of finished items :rofl:

Feel free to post the pics in here, I would love to see them.

:laugh: I didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Angelsophie, I'm not doing the bling at the moment. I'm leaning towards the old K.I.S.S. principle and keeping them simple and elegant. I personally think that the kangaroo leather is classy enough on its own! :)

Here's a black/silver lead/collar combo.

post-864-1275131805_thumb.jpg

A martingale...

post-864-1275131836_thumb.jpg

A plain lead with a clip...

post-864-1275131989_thumb.jpg

Slip lead with an o-ring, made for a DOLer.

post-864-1275131873_thumb.jpg

Slip lead with a loop

post-864-1275131914_thumb.jpg

:laugh: I didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Angelsophie, I'm not doing the bling at the moment. I'm leaning towards the old K.I.S.S. principle and keeping them simple and elegant. I personally think that the kangaroo leather is classy enough on its own! :rofl:

Here's a black/silver lead/collar combo.

post-864-1275131805_thumb.jpg

A martingale...

post-864-1275131836_thumb.jpg

A plain lead with a clip...

post-864-1275131989_thumb.jpg

Slip lead with an o-ring, made for a DOLer.

post-864-1275131873_thumb.jpg

Slip lead with a loop

post-864-1275131914_thumb.jpg

Hey lady... You get MY lead off there, someone just might want to buy it :rofl::):cry::rofl::happydance2::happydance2::cry:

They're only about 4mm wide Angelsophie. I'd have no hesitation using one on the American Cockers or even my new Beagle. They're not at all thick and clunky.

Mrs R....I can always make another for you! :laugh:

snazzypoochleads.com :bottom:

Kim ans Ros have great designs and they have a new range out starting from $15 now under starter leads.

If they dont have what your looking for ask them and they will custom one. Tell them your new, your breed, what you want and price range.

Lebrat got a special one for turning 1 :laugh: And we started the new baby out on her own too.

bec

Have to second this, I have a number of leads from them and they are fantastic! Real works of art! :rofl:

Am loving some of the ones that DOLers are making also! :rofl: