Why Do I Bother?

huski

Last night a family meber called me to ask for my advice on buying a dog. They already have three, one with a serious behavioral problem and they have a baby on the way. I asked him why he wanted a dog and what he wanted in a dog and then Spent a reasonable amount of time talkig to him about various breeds etc. He asked me about DDs and pet stores and I told him the risks and issues that come with it. He appeared to take my advice on board.

He just posted a picture of a "moodle" puppy he bought from a pet store on facebook. Argh!! It's not anything like why he described to me regarding what he wanted and they really shouldnt be adding another dog to their pack at this time.

Why do I bother???? :thumbsup:

whats a moodle ?? :thumbsup: i can never keep up with all these names they keep inventing !

I would assume Maltese x poodle?? (probably others might mean the same!!).

I know what it's like huski... but one by one i'm teaching my family - and boy is Lottie helping - they can't believe what a great dog she is, and when I tell that where she's from etc, i'm slowly beginning to get through to people :)

whats a moodle ?? :thumbsup: i can never keep up with all these names they keep inventing !

I'm pretty sure it's a Maltese x toy or miniature poodle.

That really sucks Bec! I hate it - I spent hours talking to one of the girls at work about not getting a "puggle", then she goes and has one conversation with some idiot who tells her that pugs eyes pop out of their sockets when you turn them upside down and suddenly she's back on the "puggle" wagon and can't be told that it just doesn't happen.

whats a moodle ?? :) i can never keep up with all these names they keep inventing !

I would assume Maltese x poodle?? (probably others might mean the same!!).

I know what it's like huski... but one by one i'm teaching my family - and boy is Lottie helping - they can't believe what a great dog she is, and when I tell that where she's from etc, i'm slowly beginning to get through to people :shrug:

whats a moodle ?? :laugh: i can never keep up with all these names they keep inventing !

I'm pretty sure it's a Maltese x toy or miniature poodle.

That really sucks Bec! I hate it - I spent hours talking to one of the girls at work about not getting a "puggle", then she goes and has one conversation with some idiot who tells her that pugs eyes pop out of their sockets when you turn them upside down and suddenly she's back on the "puggle" wagon and can't be told that it just doesn't happen.

Oh of course it would be a maltese cross poodle :thumbsup: silly me

Now he is saying that he actually planned getting the puppy eight weeks ago - so why did he call me and get him to talk in depth about which breeds would suit his lifestyle??? Why waste my time like that... grrr.

I know it's worth it for the people who do take your advice on board and do end up doing the right thing, just frustrating when they don't.

Now he's saying he chose the "breed" because it's easy to train, good with kids, doesn't shed and doesn't bark. Argh!

They don't bark huh?

A friend has a cocker spaniel x miniature poodle which they rehomed because it wasn't getting the care it needed with them (my friend's mother has mental health problems and my friend is a first year out of uni special needs teacher who doesn't have the time to look after her mother's dog and run a household which includes her younger siblings) - it was returned to them because he barks constantly. I have given them all the advice I can but without some serious retraining (which my friend doesn't have time to do) I don't know if anything I can say will help.

:thumbsup: Sorry but that is the funniest piece of crap that I have ever heard :):laugh: What an idiot!

Now he's saying he chose the "breed" because it's easy to train, good with kids, doesn't shed and doesn't bark. Argh!

:shrug: Jeez Bec, are you sure he got a dog??

Sorry you couldn't get through this time but there will be someone else somewhere down the track that is willing to listen. And THAT is why you bother :rofl:

High intelligence at work there. :thumbsup::)
no train, no shed , no bark... it must be one from the toy department at Kmart
That's where he should be shopping.

How sad. Poor little dog.

it's easy to train, good with kids, doesn't shed and doesn't bark

LOL. I have 2 friends who have them (from the same BYBer). Both not particularly good with their kids, both not particularly bright and they bark like crazy. Good luck to them.

I hear you. My Mum bought my little sisters a Shih Tzu x Maltese :) . It's only a year old and already had a heap of teeth removed because in the Vets words it has a shocking mouth. Plus they got it at 7 weeks old. It's so annoying :) .