Concerned

I thought mixing a toy with a mini was still creating a crossbred?

Standards, miniatures and toys are each a breed in their own right.

eta

they have different breed standards(albeit different sizes) but they are judged as separate breeds.

If you have a toy x mini then you do not have a purebred. But the problem is her teeth!!!!!!!!!!

And so long as you dont intend to breed from her and I am presuming she does not have papers???? then no problem!!!???

NO they are all still poodles there are just different types they are still purebreds and No she doesnt have papers but that doesnt mean anything. She is also desexed. (SHE IS STILL A PUREBRED.)

Reasons for it still being an issue could be that the dog is a badly bred x breed and no care has been taken by the breeder to check for any health issues with either parent.

I would think a complete check up with your vet will confirm if there are any problems with the teething or if it is something else.

"I am interested in how you go about basing your thoughts on this please"

Every single puppy will teeth in its own way no matter how they are bred or from whom they are bred.

what do you mean by health issues with either parent???

and no I wouldnt trust all vets on giving a correct diagnosis. alot of them stuff it up

My puppy is a pure bred poodle she is not x bred but i will wait a few months because as you say all dogs are different.

you first post does say toy X mini poodle.... :champagne:

Yes it does say Toy X Mini poodle but she is still purebred and no she is a small dog.

Sounds like a behavioural problem which needs to be corrected, however I would also suggest a vet check to make sure her mouth/gums are healthy.

What is her weight like? Is it possible she's slower to eat because she's just not as hungry?

How much exercise does she get daily?

She is about 3.5kg and i dont think it is because she will eat soft things fast but hard thinks like dry food she is like really slow and only eats one at a time. she gets a reasonable amount of exercise daily (Examples) I play fetch with her every night and she runs all day with our other dog (Max). they chase each other all day everyday. and maybe every second or third night i take her for a walk around the block.

I wouldn't wait. Seeing she is 12 months old, there shouldn't be much of a change in her teeth. Personally, I would take her to a vet to be checked.

NO they are all still poodles there are just different types they are still purebreds and No she doesnt have papers but that doesnt mean anything. She is also desexed. (SHE IS STILL A PUREBRED.)

I am sure you love your little girl and it shouldn't make any difference to you whether she is a purebred or not but I am sorry, if she is a toy x mini, then she is not a purebred. To be a purebred, she would need to come from both parents of the same type of poodle at least.e.g both parents toy or both parents mini.

and who gave you this information???????

If she is a cross between a mini and a toy then she is not a purebred mini nor is she a purebred toy.

But anyways....

can you post a pikky of her mouth at all showing us what you are worried about

That's a really good reason to have a vet check her out .. if you are not sure- then a check up will make certain :champagne: She may be fussy- know that her Mum will give her nice soft food :provoke: She may just like wet food more than biscuit ... Now she's older she may just be more sensible in her eating, and not hoover like a puppy does ...or she may indeed have a tooth/gum/jaw problem.

Mind you, if she is chewing everything else , but is not keen to eat dry food- guess she just does not enjoy the dry food...or is not hungry enough...or is a slow eater.

For the chewing.. it may well be boredom.. poodles are VERY clever, and need things to exercise their brains - like obedience training everyday, learg tricks, etc. Running around playing with a dog or a person is not really 'work' .She may need more 'work' to do, so she relaxes afterwards ..and doesn't need to chew to feel satisfied.

She may enjoy having a turkey wing or neck to chew on ( separated from the other dog, of course)

My puppy is a pure bred poodle she is not x bred but i will wait a few months because as you say all dogs are different.

If your girl is already 12 months old, why will you wait a few more months????

For what???

If she has retained a baby tooth then it needs taking out. She could have gingavitous(sp)infection of the gums or a rotten tooth can cause some serious problems as well.

Well firstly i am not 100% sure that her tooth is retained. secondly i am going to wait to see if it fall's out and thirdly i know that all them diesese's are life thretning if they dont get treated!!!!!

if there's a tooth there that you're waiting to see if it will fall out, then there's a retained canine. Retained is not a vet word - its just a word that means 'kept hold of', so in this instance, its a tooth. Leaving a baby tooth in can cause mouth problems.

Rather than waiting months for it to get worse, why not take your dog to see a vet? Why leave it in possible discomfort when there's somewhere you could take her now??

If there is a puppy tooth still there, much better to go and see the vet now - it will be highly unlikely to fall out by itself now.

As others have said, your dog is a cross of 2 different poodle breeds. It would be a cross if the same thing happend with my breed with also comes in 3 different breed sizes, a mini crossed with a standard would be a X bred schnauzer.

I'd be seeing a vet also ..

I just posted a couple of weeks ago in the Mini Schnauzer section about my pooch ..

He is a Mini Schnauzer and is 10 months old and about 3/4 weeks ago had to have 8 of his baby teeth pulled out due to them not falling out ..

When i asked my vet about them I thought it was just the 2 canine teeth and once my vet looked at them he said "they have to come out before causing anymore damage"

So he was booked in and on the day my pooch had them pulled out I found out there was 8 of them ...

I did ask why this happens and they said sometimes it just happens but it happens more in dogs with norrow mouths like poodles ...

I'd be seeing a vet also ..

I just posted a couple of weeks ago in the Mini Schnauzer section about my pooch ..

He is a Mini Schnauzer and is 10 months old and about 3/4 weeks ago had to have 8 of his baby teeth pulled out due to them not falling out ..

When i asked my vet about them I thought it was just the 2 canine teeth and once my vet looked at them he said "they have to come out before causing anymore damage"

So he was booked in and on the day my pooch had them pulled out I found out there was 8 of them ...

I did ask why this happens and they said sometimes it just happens but it happens more in dogs with norrow mouths like poodles ...

Ok thanks for sharing your experince with me and i think i will get them checked out by a vet better to be safe than sorry i think. the tooth i am talking bout is like really tini and is just beside her two big canines on the top i thought this could be helpfull.