Ekka

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went last year - did obedience one day which is on the other side of the grounds to where the show dogs are, in an area which housed cows the day berfore, and then did top open obedience competition on another day which was in the show pavillion.

Toileting facilities for the dogs in the show pavillion are hideous!

Show ring was cut into 2 - similar to our Royal show area

Edited by Ptolomy

Are you bringing the Xolo's over to QLD for the EKKA???

Oh Oh when are they on?? I want to come say hello to them, I have been fascinated since they were first mentioned.

Yes I am and I can't wait. I have entered my first home bred puppy into the baby class. Whilst I know it will be a big day for her I am hoping :) it will not be to over whelming for her and here she is.....so but I am so excited

post-16710-1275827265_thumb.jpg

Just a question as to who is going to the EKKA and to those that have been before, I would like to know the layout and generally what the set up is like, photos would be great if anyone has any ??

Thanks in advance.

The dog pavilion has 2 benching areas - an upstairs one and a downstairs one (where the rings are). Everything is totally indoors. Each breed is allocated a benching area so you don't have any say about where you'll be for the day. As mentioned already, the toileting area is abysmal, it is just a big concrete room basically. And you have to wrestle your way through the public to get there. Umm that's all I can think of for now.

Oh Oh when are they on?? I want to come say hello to them, I have been fascinated since they were first mentioned.

+1 :)

Just one Xolo, JSK & Ptolomy, I believe they are on Friday August 13th ( Friday the 13th lol) I have a great person who is showing them for me, but I just wanted to know what it was like over there, as in benching etc, noise etc . Oops I see Miss b has answered thank you so much. This outing is basically a get to show the xolo to others, we will be very hppy just to get around the ring, more a breed trip as so many have asked about the breed and a few new owners are up that way.

:)

Yes I am and I can't wait. I have entered my first home bred puppy into the baby class. Whilst I know it will be a big day for her I am hoping :) it will not be to over whelming for her and here she is.....so but I am so excited

post-16710-1275827265_thumb.jpg

She is lovely Bonduca, I share your excitement, I am looking forward to meeting some DOLers, but most of all I have organised to meet a lady I have chatted by phone weekly for 10 years and never met. My Chinese Crested mentor and absolute guru, who is responsible for so much including the XOLOITZCUINTLE being here in Australia, I cant wait to meet her.

It is hidious but they are pulling down the dog pavillion after this years royal and hopefully the new one will be much better. We are in Sheltie day and Dane day. Cannot remember the dates off the top of my head. Will also be there for the Junior Handler State finals.

Just a question as to who is going to the EKKA and to those that have been before, I would like to know the layout and generally what the set up is like, photos would be great if anyone has any ??

Thanks in advance.

The dog pavilion has 2 benching areas - an upstairs one and a downstairs one (where the rings are). Everything is totally indoors. Each breed is allocated a benching area so you don't have any say about where you'll be for the day. As mentioned already, the toileting area is abysmal, it is just a big concrete room basically. And you have to wrestle your way through the public to get there. Umm that's all I can think of for now.

+1 :)

Miss B are you going with the boys?

Actually, compared to Sydney Royal.. the toiletting area is fantastic... yes it is concrete but it is always clean and disenfected. The grassed area at Sydney is gross after a day or two.

I wont be going this year :rolleyes: no funds at time of entries closing !

I'll be there Saturday 7th. I've got a few photos of the upstairs benching area...

This is a double bench... Bakari obviously finds the ekka very stressful!

Picture025.jpg

Picture011.jpg

The benches are behind a fence

Picture003.jpg

Hope that helps

Edited by Miss Monster

Yay I get to meet a Xolo :rolleyes: I'm showing my Golden on Friday 13th too. I only started showing a couple of months ago but thought I may as well give it a go. I'm really nervous and will probably fall over and make a fool of myself, but it will hopefully be a fun day :eek:

For those who have been before what do I need to bring?

Dog (obviously), collar, lead, mat for dog to sit on, water bowl/water, treats.... What else??

For those who have been before what do I need to bring?

Dog (obviously), collar, lead, mat for dog to sit on, water bowl/water, treats.... What else??

Stuff for you - food, nibblies, drinks, something to do (book, laptop, magazines)

Monster is a giant sook and barks if I leave him so if I don't take food I have to get someone else to get it for me. It's a very long day sitting around doing nothing if you don't have something to occupy yourself. As you can see from the 2nd photo above I sat on Dol for a bit of the day :rolleyes: Dol addict??? maybe :eek:

I did it a few yours ago.. after driver 4 hours there for showing, The only down side was u are there alll day, your not allowed to leave.. i think i got out about 6pm then i also had to drive 4 hours home.. Such a big big day.. i wont be doing it again in a hurry

yes enteries are closed now :rolleyes:

I have entered, but my going depends on hubbys work as I am NOT dragging the lkids up again! Too hard!!

Any other DOLers on the 8th and 9th ???

As to what to take, i like to take wire crates for the benches, food, drink, grooming table, trolley and cover, good book or two, ipod, grooming stuff, breed info for curious public a chair and probably heaps of other stuff!

Edited by Missymoo