Ekka

I think I will be there every day from Tuesday 10th :mad My first visit to the Ekka and really looking forward to it :mad

I'm jealous!

Don't know what day paps are on, but Portia's breeder is going this year, so stalk the paps and say hi if you happen to see her (Helen). :mad

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got my numbers today

Number ends in 13 and we are on the 13th lolololol

Have been informed by the RNA that all dog numbers are wrong again! And new numbers will be given out on the day

Really?

I got number 666 :(

Some questions - how big are the benches - can I bring the bigger crate or the smaller one I need to know. How strictly do they police the no-covering-up -your-dog rule? Is there any place to stow a trolley if I bring one to cart c**p from the car park? Is there room for our own chairs?

No WAY is Diva going to cope with being on an open bench all day just tied up, think she's going to be demented by the time Staffords go in (last) anyway!

Some questions - how big are the benches - can I bring the bigger crate or the smaller one I need to know. How strictly do they police the no-covering-up -your-dog rule? Is there any place to stow a trolley if I bring one to cart c**p from the car park? Is there room for our own chairs?

No WAY is Diva going to cope with being on an open bench all day just tied up, think she's going to be demented by the time Staffords go in (last) anyway!

If you can manage to score a double bench you would fit a crate. I fit my C7 C-crate up in the first year I went but it was a pain to get in and out.

Not sure about the covering up rule sorry

A few took trolleys last year and stuck them at the end of the walkway or folded them up against the fence when not used down at the ring or for transporting stuff

There is only really walking room between the bench and the gate so not really much room for chairs.

Here's a pic of a double bench and the set up

Picture003.jpg

And this one shows the amount of room between the bench and the fence - you could probably take a chair if you are at the end or near a gate so people have the other gate to get out of

Picture011.jpg

Hope that helps

I will be taking a blanket to cover up my dog at times as the walkway for people is so close I doubt he( or I) for that matter will want to be stroked and patted all day.

Lets hope people have short arms!!

They couldn't easily reach. Not unless the dog is leaning out from the bench and they are leaning right through...

Thanks MM he wont be leaning out but he fascinates people who just HAVE to touch him, I may have to dress my hubby up in his Xolo attire to be patted! lol

Good plan... whereas mine is a pat whore so I need to make the lead long enough so that he can jump up on the fence and let people pat him!

You can fit a chair in to sit on, its a tight fit but you can ;)

Xolo, people cannot reach the dogs to pat unless you lift them up to them (unless they are a big breed of course!)

I take my fold down wire crates and leave my dogs in there and take them out when people want to pat them. That way they can be seen but are safe and feel safe. I cover them when I go a grab some food, but mostly they are uncovered. They have water and nice comfy vet bed to sleep on.

The car park is a hike so a trolley is recommended, you can fold up and I hook them with bungies to the fence so they cant fall. I was upstairs last time so needed the trolley to roll my dogs to the ring too.

I recommend taking food, food is ok there, but pretty spendy as usual with Royal shows :( The dutch pancakes are good though, lol!

The exit is different fron the entry and a round about way and longer to the carpark....everyone lines up waiting half an hour before and its a slow procession to the car park.

Car parking is $20 per car AND $20 for a trailer, so $40 all up for both...if you get there very early with a trailer they will park you at the very, very, back corner and work up from there, so its better to be later with a trailer!! (I had to drag a trolley and a crate, plus a toddler in a pram and a 6 year old over grass and stones...OMG!!

Cars that are early get parked at the front....

ummmthey dont take tickets at dog door, you just file in..stragnly people will try to run you down and give you black and blu ankels with drolleys to get in fast...??

Toileting is on concrete...

Food venues are almost exactly out the front of the dog pavillion.

hope this helps :dummy:

You can fit a chair in to sit on, its a tight fit but you can ;)

Xolo, people cannot reach the dogs to pat unless you lift them up to them (unless they are a big breed of course!)

I take my fold down wire crates and leave my dogs in there and take them out when people want to pat them. That way they can be seen but are safe and feel safe. I cover them when I go a grab some food, but mostly they are uncovered. They have water and nice comfy vet bed to sleep on.

The car park is a hike so a trolley is recommended, you can fold up and I hook them with bungies to the fence so they cant fall. I was upstairs last time so needed the trolley to roll my dogs to the ring too.

I recommend taking food, food is ok there, but pretty spendy as usual with Royal shows :( The dutch pancakes are good though, lol!

The exit is different fron the entry and a round about way and longer to the carpark....everyone lines up waiting half an hour before and its a slow procession to the car park.

Car parking is $20 per car AND $20 for a trailer, so $40 all up for both...if you get there very early with a trailer they will park you at the very, very, back corner and work up from there, so its better to be later with a trailer!! (I had to drag a trolley and a crate, plus a toddler in a pram and a 6 year old over grass and stones...OMG!!

Cars that are early get parked at the front....

ummmthey dont take tickets at dog door, you just file in..stragnly people will try to run you down and give you black and blu ankels with drolleys to get in fast...??

Toileting is on concrete...

Food venues are almost exactly out the front of the dog pavillion.

hope this helps :dummy:

Thanks Missy moo thats great, I have a handler over there that has shown there before, but this is great information and very helpful, as I cant bring a lot of gear with the travel from the West and the odd luggage rules!

Just thought I'd let everyone know the international food village is gone. :D There is only the Greek place and basic show food vans near the dog pavillion. You will need to hike it to get some real food.

Just thought I'd let everyone know the international food village is gone. :D There is only the Greek place and basic show food vans near the dog pavillion. You will need to hike it to get some real food.

well at least my hubby will be happy with the Greek stuff!

Cheers for that!

J

If you can manage to score a double bench you would fit a crate. I fit my C7 C-crate up in the first year I went but it was a pain to get in and out.

Not sure about the covering up rule sorry

A few took trolleys last year and stuck them at the end of the walkway or folded them up against the fence when not used down at the ring or for transporting stuff

There is only really walking room between the bench and the gate so not really much room for chairs.

Here's a pic of a double bench and the set up

Picture003.jpg

And this one shows the amount of room between the bench and the fence - you could probably take a chair if you are at the end or near a gate so people have the other gate to get out of

Picture011.jpg

Hope that helps

Lappie looks like it on DOL. :laugh::champagne::thumbsup:

This years entry is WAY down. 2200 in total. Plenty of room both for parking opposite at the school $20 + extra 20 if you have a trailer. And plenty of room in the dog pavilion both up and down. We arrived later after being stuck in traffic and got prime ringside benches without a fight! LOL