Name Some Dog Myths

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the roof of a dogs mouth is black or has black markings means he/she is stupid.

I have heard that if the roof of the mouth is black it means they are a pure breed

Me too!!!

:) :) :)

I forgot that until you mention it haha.

I just read this on a website when searching dog myths:

Myth is the first part -

Dingoes are a species of wild dogs in Australia. They are not. In fact, they are feral dogs or the offspring of feral dogs. They had been pets at one time but have reverted to living in the wild.
from here. Hmmm

Maybe I got it wrong with the saliva thing JoLu :) I'm sure I read it on DOL a while ago ( think this topic was done before???). Oh hang on - wasn't it if you spit into your dog's mouth it makes the dog loyal only to you??? It's SOMETHING to do with spit anyway :)

Edited by kendall

I just read this on a website when searching dog myths:

Myth is the first part -

Dingoes are a species of wild dogs in Australia. They are not. In fact, they are feral dogs or the offspring of feral dogs. They had been pets at one time but have reverted to living in the wild.
from here. Hmmm

Maybe I got it wrong with the saliva thing JoLu :) I'm sure I read it on DOL a while ago ( think this topic was done before???). Oh hang on - wasn't it if you spit into your dog's mouth it makes the dog loyal only to you??? It's SOMETHING to do with spit anyway :)

Someone did a breed related one a while ago :) (which I couldn't find the link for.)

Is that like biting him on the ear will make him respect you and be obedient forever :)

Yeah, no ...

I like the one about how easy it is to stick your hand down your dog's throat to give him a worming tablet. I shared that one with Grumpy's vet and we both laughed.

Dogs will often eat a 'flavour tab' (or similar type of worming etc) OUT OF YOUR HAND - uhhhh nuh :)

My retards will eat anything if they have to sit for it.

Oh a peice of barkchip or a leaf.. Mum said I have to sit..

Oh it's not edible.. No wait; i sat for this; so i am eating it!