Picture: 016.jpg

Where did you get them from? Reg Breeder on DOL

How often do you exercise your dog? Everyday

Do they know any commands? Basics, sit, stay, come, give etc

Compete in any dog sports? Retired show dog

Favourite treat: Cheese

Favourite toy: Ball or anything that squeaks

Funny habits or quirks: She likes to talk in a funny whingy growl

What's their personality like? Very strong willed and loving to everyone she meets

Do they get along well with other dogs? LOVES other dogs

Are they scared of anything? Big fear of thunder, fireworks and the army range down the road

What training methods do you use? Positive reinforcement? Corrections? Always positive with her

Name: Freddy

Nickname: Fred

Breed: Golden Retriever

Picture: SAM_0101.jpg

Where did you get them from? Reg Breeder

How often do you exercise your dog? everyday

Do they know any commands? Very basics :laugh:

Compete in any dog sports? He's a show dog

Favourite treat: Cooked kidneys, gross

Favourite toy: Soft bunny

Funny habits or quirks: He likes to steal soft toys from the kids rooms

What's their personality like? Very friendly, he loves everyone

Do they get along well with other dogs? Yes

Are they scared of anything? Not that I've noticed

What training methods do you use? Positive reinforcement? Corrections? Only positive

Name: Ruff

Nickname: Ruffy

Breed: Shepherd X ?

Picture: 021.jpg

Where did you get them from? Rescued from a farmer who wanted to drown the whole litter

How often do you exercise your dog? Everyday

Do they know any commands? All the basics

Compete in any dog sports? No

Favourite treat: Anything

Favourite toy: An old piece of tug toy he likes to carry around

Funny habits or quirks: He likes to play in the bio cycle water, gross

What's their personality like? He likes to be on his own, not very affectionate, he is a bit of a challenge

Do they get along well with other dogs? He prefers his own company but puts up with the others, some of the time.

Are they scared of anything? No

What training methods do you use? Positive reinforcement? Corrections? Positive

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name: Kimark Xbri Alnair ~ Dakota

Nickname: Puppina, Doofus, Princess, Puppy, Pupsicle

Breed: Samoyed

Picture:

07042010026.jpg

Where did you get them from? Registered breeder, Victoria

How often do you exercise your dog? Every day, but not always walking, a lot of play at home

Do they know any commands? Sit, drop, stay, back (moves in reverse), shake hands, then 'shake other hand' (she swaps), off, up, run, out, bed, knows most of her toys by name, knows us as 'mummy' and 'daddy' :)

Compete in any dog sports? No, but I keep saying I'd love to do proper obedience and then agility with her, just never get off my bum and do anything about it...

Favourite treat: probably cheese, but of course she doesn't get it too often

Favourite toy: At the moment, it's an Ostrich

Funny habits or quirks: Burping at awkward moments, gently placing treats on the floor and sniffing/licking them before eating, sniffing other dogs eyes? is this normal? lol

What's their personality like? Dakota is a very happy girl, quite content doing her own thing as long as she can 'access' her humans at will, hehe, although she does have cuddly moments too. She's always up for a play with a favourite toy, loves every person she meets, especially kids.

Do they get along well with other dogs? Loves other dogs, if anything she is TOO excited around them.

Are they scared of anything? Has always been a little bit jumpy, but nothing major until our most recent New Year celebration when she developed a fear of loud cracking sounds, thanks to fire crackers, so now, all of a sudden thunderstorms are a bit stressful. Lucky we have a very safe and secure yard and plan on spending every N.Y.E with her anyway.

What training methods do you use? Positive reinforcement? Corrections? Mostly positive reinforcement, but I can't say I've put a lot of effort into any training at all in the last year ;) I really should get back on it!

Name: Kuma

Nickname: Kooms, Douglas J Dirt Dog, Redneck Inbred

Breed: Akita

Picture: post-32682-1275991993_thumb.jpg

Where did you get them from? Registered Breeder (Daykeyne)

How often do you exercise your dog? Every morning, about 20 mins - he's only a baby!

Do they know any commands? Yeah, but he's just getting to the age where he's starting to ignore them all...

Compete in any dog sports? Does barking at the local builders count??

Favourite treat: Not much food dive on this one, will work for cheese :(

Favourite toy: my toes... nah, anything he can chew. Bit of ag pipe, rope toy, soft drink bottle

Funny habits or quirks: Spins around in a circle to find the right spot to poo and he also blows bubbles in his water bowl

What's their personality like? Aloof, obstinate, loyal. We find him absolutely hillarious, but we are extremely biased

Do they get along well with other dogs? We're getting there. Mainly he wants to play with everyone. At puppy class he's the biggest guy by far, but he lets the smaller dogs win wrestling matches. He gives you that "you know I can win this if I wanted to..." look.

Are they scared of anything? the robot vacuum cleaner.

What training methods do you use? Positive reinforcement? Corrections? Positive all the way...

Hi guys, I thought I'd make a fun survey for you guys to answer to tell us all about your dogs. :(

Name: Decerto Mighty Jorel

Nickname: Dante

Breed: Chihuahua Long Coat

Picture:post-30335-1275992880_thumb.jpg

Where did you get them from? Registered Breeder

How often do you exercise your dog? He runs around on the floor, until he falls asleep on my lap!

Do they know any commands? Basic - sit, drop

Favourite treat: Chicken, pigs ears, shark Cartilage

Favourite toy: Squeaky mouse

Funny habits or quirks: Snores

What's their personality like? Jealous and loyal

Do they get along well with other dogs? Loves other Chi's, hates any other dogs

What training methods do you use? Positive reinforcement? Corrections? Both

Name: Staplechi National Gossip

Nickname: Miley

Breed: Chihuahua Long Coat

Picture:post-30335-1275993392_thumb.jpg

How often do you exercise your dog? She does circles on the floor when i get home from work

Do they know any commands? Stand, heel

Compete in any dog sports? Conformation Showing

Favourite treat: All food

Favourite toy: Sticks from the backyard

Funny habits or quirks: Snorts when excited

What's their personality like? Very friendly, loves everyone

Do they get along well with other dogs? Loves other Chi's

What training methods do you use? Positive reinforcement? Corrections? Positive reinforcements

My answers will follow later on. :rofl:

If you have several dogs feel free to do this for all of them. :p

Name: Wilhelmina (Mina)

Nickname: Shoosha, Minny Moo

Breed: Belgian Malinois

Picture:

IMG_0031.jpg

Where did you get them from? Skyline K9

How often do you exercise your dog? Every day

Do they know any commands? sit, drop, pusti, huma, uzmiga, back, heel, daj, to, such, nadzi, beg, bed, down, inside, outside, car, go, enough, oi, stop it, stop chewing my car before I kick your butt

Compete in any dog sports? Was to be Sch, went to PP

Favourite treat: Chicken nuggets and cheezburgerz!

Favourite toy: anything with a squeak or fluffy that she can destroy

Funny habits or quirks: accidentally taught a silent bark hehe

What's their personality like? dominant, pushy, hates small kids, complete lap whore

0020.jpg

says it all

Do they get along well with other dogs? mostly. She wants to boss them around more then anything else

Are they scared of anything? Nope

What training methods do you use? Positive reinforcement? Corrections? corrections, drive etc

Name: Skoota (Chienparadis Ranier)

Nickname: Tippy

Breed: DOgue de Bordeaux

Picture:

Picture051.jpg

Where did you get them from? Rehome, originally from Chienparadis

How often do you exercise your dog? Daily

Do they know any commands? Same as Mina

Compete in any dog sports? Trained in a few things but does not compete

Favourite treat: Whole rabbits skin on

Favourite toy: squeaky fluffy duck toy

Funny habits or quirks: Loves getting dressed up

What's their personality like? Very protective, yet loooooooves any attention that he can get from anyone!

Do they get along well with other dogs? Yup fine with dogs unless another entire male starts something. Then he loses anyway

Are they scared of anything? Used to be frightened of the noise a tape measure makes when it snaps ...

What training methods do you use? Positive reinforcement? Corrections? Same as Mina

Name: Diesel

Nickname: Big D, DD

Breed: Rottweiler

Picture:

P7190016.jpg

Where did you get them from? Local dog trainer who got him from someone else.

How often do you exercise your dog? Whenever he feels like it

Do they know any commands? Same as Mina

Compete in any dog sports? Nope

Favourite treat: Anything including tissues, especially if we've cleaned his ears with them

Favourite toy: Anything Mina has at the time

Funny habits or quirks: Will watch TV, gets a choice in the morning of what he wants to watch LOL

What's their personality like? Stubborn, yet quirky and very expressionable

Do they get along well with other dogs? Not too interested in other dogs, will try and dominate or pick on large males

What training methods do you use? Positive reinforcement? Corrections? all positive ... positive punishment AND reinforcement LOL

Edited by Nekhbet

Name: Pippa

Nickname: Boooee / Boo

Breed: Jack Russell Terrier

Picture: Pippa's Profile

How often do you exercise your dog? Depends on the weather, most days

Do they know any commands? Most, she has trialed in obedience (just won't stay :( )

Compete in any dog sports? Conformation, Tracking, Obedience

Favourite treat: Anything, she aint fussy!

Favourite toy: Pink & green ball

Funny habits or quirks: Noisy! If she wants something, she will let you know!

What's their personality like? Cheeky and fun. She is well behaved at home but likes making me look like a fool in public

Do they get along well with other dogs? Sometimes, she has her moods. She is good off lead and when someone else is holding the lead, she can be protective of me.

Are they scared of anything? Nail Clippers and ear cleaner

What training methods do you use? Positive reinforcement? Corrections? All positive, I trick trained her using a clicker.

Name: Brian

Nickname: Bwyan

Picture: Brian's Profile

How often do you exercise your dog? Most days, depends on the weather

Do they know any commands? No :rofl: Not through lack of trying, I taught him how to catch, does that count??

Compete in any dog sports? Conformation

Favourite treat: Hotdogs

Favourite toy: Not really a toy sort of dog

Funny habits or quirks: He is a major suck, will lick you to death given the chance

What's their personality like? He is a bit of a softie

Do they get along well with other dogs? Haven't had a problem with him yet, although he doesn't like other dogs jumping on his head

Are they scared of anything? Bath time, hates it!!

What training methods do you use? Positive reinforcement? Corrections? All positive

Name: Gwen

Nickname: Gwendalyn / Gwennie

Picture: Gwen's Profile

Where did you get them from? Bred myself

How often do you exercise your dog? At her age, she gets enough exercise in the yard chasing Brian

Do they know any commands? We are working on it!

Compete in any dog sports? Conformation, hopefully tracking and obedience later on

Favourite treat: Chicken necks

Favourite toy: Purple moose looking thing

Funny habits or quirks: Wouldn't call it funny, but she loves a game of chasey and will run away from me barking for ages until I catch her

What's their personality like? Cheey and full of fun

Do they get along well with other dogs? Yep

Are they scared of anything? Not really

What training methods do you use? Positive reinforcement? Corrections? All positive

Sorry about the pic links, I'm lazy :p

I have a few dogs but I'll just do the pup...

Name: Cyrus

Nickname: Cyrus the Vyrus

Breed: Chinese Crested Dog

Picture:

vyrus.jpg

Where did you get them from? Reputable Breeder

How often do you exercise your dog? Daily short walks

Do they know any commands? Not really, 'stand' to a degree

Compete in any dog sports? Conformation

Favourite treat: Kangaroo anything... meat, canned, dry, if it's kangaroo he loves it.

Favourite toy: Anything that can be ripped to shreds.

Funny habits or quirks: He can climb anything and uses his feet to play.

What's their personality like? Part kitten, part monkey, part dog... they are crazy little clowns.

Do they get along well with other dogs? Yes, he snuggles up to the poodles for warmth!

Are they scared of anything? Cold concrete... he won't go outside of a night because the ground is cold :(

What training methods do you use? Positive reinforcement? Corrections? Positive mostly... with a little correctional.

Name: Xena

Nickname: Wirly (as in Girly Wirly)

Breed: BC

Picture:

Where did you get them from? Pet Shop

How often do you exercise your dog? Twice a day - it could be a walk, a run or some sort of training.

Do they know any commands? yes. Sit, down, stay, stand, roll over, 8 (figure of 8 around my legs), round (obedience finish position), come, go out, back, dance (walk on hind legs), nose (touch the ground with your nose), 10 (high ten), Shake/other hand, spin/other way, beep/beep/beep (back up), stop, move, off you go (run away from me) I'm sure there are more, but that's probably enough.

Compete in any dog sports? Agility (SPD, JD, GD) and (AAD, SAAD, MAAD with ADAA), flyball (Flyball Master), frisbee (Frisbee Dog Excellent) and maybe dancing one day.

Favourite treat: Working - will eat anything, but would prefer to work.

Favourite toy: Tennis ball

Funny habits or quirks: Life is very serious for Xena, nothing is funny or quirky, it is all about work.

What's their personality like? Work, work, work, work. She is a very serious puppy and is VERY focussed on the job at hand - whatever it might be.

Do they get along well with other dogs? Not really, she is completely indifferent to all but my brother in law's dog. She loves her nearly as much as she loves me. No other dog exists in her eyes.

Are they scared of anything? Correction - used too early and too harshly so it is not used any more.

What training methods do you use? Positive reinforcement? Corrections? Positive reinforcement with correction for sackable offences which don't really ever happen any more. The worst she ever gets is a neutral response.

Edited by Agility Dogs

Name: CK (Trumagik Totally Obsesed)

Nickname: Da Boof Man

Breed: BC

Picture:

Where did you get them from? Breeder

How often do you exercise your dog? Twice a day at least -walking, running or training.

Do they know any commands? See Xena's list above, just not quite as quickly with some of them.

Compete in any dog sports? Agility (AD, JD, GD) and BAAD, AAD with ADAA, Flyball (Flyball Master), Frisbee (Frisbee Dog Excellent.

Favourite treat: Cheese

Favourite toy: Anything Squeaky

Funny habits or quirks: Not really

What's their personality like? Loves everyone and everything. Just wants pats and to be happy/play.

Do they get along well with other dogs? Once he trusts them he loves all dogs. Until then he is very wary and will tell off a dog if it is rude or threateniing.

Are they scared of anything? He is wary of anything new. He HATES machine noises, especially hair dryers......

What training methods do you use? Positive reinforcement? Corrections? VERY positive, lots of shaping/clicker training, but with strict rules - I tell you to do it, you do it or we don't move on to something else.

Name: Skylar

Nickname: Sky

Breed: German Shepherd

Colour: Black Sable

Where did you get them from? Registered Breeder Vic

Do they know any commands? Sure does, she is a fast learner.

Compete in any dog sports? Nope.

Favourite treat: Looooves sausages and Roast chicken pieces. She will do ANYTHING for either of those hehe

Favourite toy: Mr Stingray - He makes bubble sounds when she chews on him.

Funny habits or quirks: Zoomies around the yard when she has loved her dinner. If she gets biscuits only she isn't impressed hence no zoomies

after dinner.

Grooming time means rolling around and kicking mum in the stomach lol

Has retained the puppy bounce hehe

What's their personality like? A very sweet, smoochy and funny girl.

Do they get along well with other dogs? Mostly yes

Are they scared of anything? Yes - The big black 15yr old cat of the household Misty. Skylar will hide from this cat hehe

What training methods do you use? Positive reinforcement? Corrections? Positive

post-30504-1276001424_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sky_Mel

Name: Indi

Nickname: Dopey, Fatty

Breed: Beagle x Cocker Spaniel

Picture: Below

Where did you get them from? Unfortunately we didn't get her from a "proper" breeder

How often do you exercise your dog? She's really lazy, but she gets plenty of exercise chasing our other dog around and playing ball/going for walks every few days... Not so much lately though, the weather is horrid!

Do they know any commands? Yes, sit, stay, down, roll over, shake paw, high 5, cross paws, take a bow, beg, ect... She's stubborn sometimes

Favourite treat: Anything that smells nice! She drools when she sees bread or toast though

Favourite toy: Anything she can tear apart! :|

Funny habits or quirks: When she goes to sleep she puts her head on my other dog's back and snuggles lol! She also makes a weird noise when she gets excited

What's their personality like? Lazy at times, outgoing, typical stubborn beagle though

Do they get along well with other dogs? Yes, she doesn't get to see that many because we live in a small town away from family and friends... but she loves meeting other dogs

Are they scared of anything? She is absolutely terrified of... FEATHERS! :rofl:

What training methods do you use? Positive reinforcement? Corrections? Positive reinforcement, sometimes with a clicker, corrections when necessary

----

Wow, thanks for your answers guys! I wasn't expecting so many people to reply. :( I'm only half way through reading them all. :p

Name: Kodi

Nickname: Kodmiester, Tart

Breed: Alaskan Malamute

Picture:

IMG_8757.jpg

Where did you get them from? Reputable registered breeder.

How often do you exercise your dog? Daily hour+ play.

Do they know any commands? Sit, Stay, Stand, Down, Hi 5, Hi 10, Under, Over, Bow, Beg, Speak.

Favourite treat: Any and all

Favourite toy: Stuffed Tiger

Funny habits or quirks: See below.

What's their personality like? Insists on being the centre of attention with guests and comes up with creative ways to get a laugh out of someone - eg grabs her back leg and spins till she falls over. Otherwise she is a very laid back and mellow girl.

Do they get along well with other dogs? Yes, however with other bitches she can be a bit hit and miss.

Are they scared of anything? Thunderstorms - This is my fault as I developed an anxiety after OH started working nights and I was home alone during storms. Kodi was fine with storms till 7 years of age.

What training methods do you use? Positive reinforcement? Corrections? Positive, with occasional fair and firm corrections.

Name: Bohden

Nickname: Bohzo The Clown

Breed: Alaskan Malamute

Picture:

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

Where did you get them from? Reputable registered breeder

How often do you exercise your dog? Either a 10klm bike run/sledding or a 15klm walk with backpack with 5kg of weight, daily.

Do they know any commands? Stand, Wait, Look, Move, Back, moves each foot on command, all sledding commands.

Compete in any dog sports? Conformation Showing, Sledding, Backpacking and aiming to compete in Tracking.

Favourite treat: Home made oven dried fish bits.

Favourite toy: Plastic plant pots.

Funny habits or quirks: Puts his head and front feet in said plant pots and pushes himself around the yard with his back legs.

What's their personality like? A complete doofus and a real puppy at heart. However he has an evil streak and if for some reason his routine is disrupted he will trash the yard with gusto. He is a very sensitive dog in regards to his routine.

Do they get along well with other dogs? Bitches yes, dogs no. He will however 'work' happily side by side with another intact male.

Are they scared of anything? The garbage truck, but only when out on a walk - he has no fear when sitting in the yard looking at it through the fence.

What training methods do you use? Positive reinforcement? Corrections? Positive, with firm but fair corrections when needed.

Name: Schwarchund [Not telling]

Nickname: The Malinut

Breed: Belgian Shepherd Malinois

Picture: [attached below]

Where did you get them from? Private sale, first owner bought as a pup from the breeder.

How often do you exercise your dog? Usually every day, sometimes I have a slack attack.

Do they know any commands? Too many to list.

Compete in any dog sports? No, but he is a Security patrol / Personal protection dog who comes to work with me.

Favourite treat: Toys.

Favourite toy: Sleeve or bite suit, if neither of those, then Enduro ball, Kong Frisbee, anything else I've thrown...

Funny habits or quirks: Goes mental over water, can't keep him out of it... um, usual belgian stuff...

What's their personality like? Hyper. Nuff said.

Do they get along well with other dogs? Yes, but gets wayyyyy too excited to allow him to play :(

Are they scared of anything? Not that I've noticed.

What training methods do you use? Little bit of everything. Prong/E-Collar, drive training, some compulsion. So Positive & Negative reinforcement & punishment...

post-33323-1276034256_thumb.jpg

Name: Mindy

Nickname: Minnie

Breed: Labrador Retriever

Picture: see below

Where did you get them from? Mindy is a baby guide dog

How often do you exercise your dog? 2 walks daily (only for 5 mins as she is very young)

Do they know any commands? she knows her name, come, sit, drop, shake hands and up.

Compete in any dog sports? Unfortunately not

Favourite treat: roo chews, but she is a lab basically likes any food- even her dry biscuits

Favourite toy: her duck

Funny habits or quirks: She lies like a slug and sometimes even sleeps in this position

What's their personality like? She is very sweet, loves attention (especially when coupled with food!) and very playful

Do they get along well with other dogs? She is only a puppy so hasn't met many dogs

Are they scared of anything? She gets scared when she hears dogs barking. she also hates the car.

What training methods do you use? Positive reinforcement? Corrections? I use mainly positive reinforcement but I do say NO! occaisonally.

post-31284-1276035029_thumb.jpgpost-31284-1276035060_thumb.jpg

post-31284-1276035119_thumb.jpgpost-31284-1276035101_thumb.jpg

Name: Sophie "Freestien Pagent"

Nickname: Googer, Big, Fatbutt, She-Wolf.

Breed: German Sheperd

Picture: there's one in my signature

Where did you get them from? Free to good home from some people who treated her very badly - the rest is history!

Do they know any commands? Yep - doing obediance and hoping to get to a trialling level - it's going to take alot of patience.

Compete in any dog sports? Not yet but aiming for obediance and agility.

Favourite treat: Cheese, Cabanossi, Dried Liver. Oh - and Softserve icecreams from MacDonalds :(

Favourite toy: Her little brother - see below :) Or a soft squeaky like her i-squeak

Funny habits or quirks: She stands with her front paw on the window ledge and stares in at us with her sad-face on when she wants inside. OH - and she's a blanket-hog! Hubby and I end up freezing and shes all warm and toasty on a pile of blankets gathered up beneath her in between us on the bed.

What's their personality like? Very freindly playful girl - definately come out of her shell since coming to us, and very protective of us.

Do they get along well with other dogs? Yes and no - theres 1 in 10 she gets agitated with - not to the point of an attack or anything, but some dogs and her just don't get on.

Are they scared of anything? Nothing but the cats. teehee!

What training methods do you use? Positive reinforcement? Corrections? Positive reinforcement via treats and toys and correction with a chain when needed.

Name: Chase "Wonelook Sea Chase"

Nickname: Chasey, little, stinky

Breed: Border Collie

Picture: As per my signature

Where did you get them from? Registered Breeder friend.

How often do you exercise your dog? Daily but for half the time as Sophie.

Do they know any commands? Sit, Drop, Stay, Stand, Shake, Wave, Paws, Front, Return, Heel. He's a smart little boy.

Compete in any dog sports? Not yet - will do obediance, agility, herding and whatever else he enjoys.

Favourite treat: He has a sensitive tummy so hasn't had much experimenting with treats but when he has he's enjoyed dried liver the most.

Favourite toy: His soft little football.

Funny habits or quirks: Herding up all his toys in his crate before bedtime :(

What's their personality like? Very outgoing little man, and very very snuggly - he's a cuddler.

Do they get along well with other dogs? Yep - very well socialised and great with others.

Are they scared of anything? Not a fan of having a bath - haha.

What training methods do you use? Positive reinforcement? Corrections? At the moment purely positive other than a negative tone of voice when he's pushing it.

Edited by NicGSDlover

Name: Atlas

Nickname: Aye, At, Aticcus, Oi, and a few I cant post on here LOL

Breed: Bull Terier

Picture: In my sig

Where did you get them from? Breeder

How often do you exercise your dog? Not often, he hates walking, every now and then we will waddle around the block, he has arthritis and rather be home in bed

Do they know any commands? yeah, sit, stay, come, heel, wait, watch, wave, drop, spin - I am sure there are more!

Favourite treat: Cardboard....

Favourite toy: Not into toys, will steal whatever Kaos has

Funny habits or quirks: trancing and Zoomies - nothing is funnier than a bully doing zoomies

What's their personality like? Stubborn, laid back

Do they get along well with other dogs? some

Are they scared of anything? Water, the breeder I got him off would hit them with a freezing cold hose if they were ever naughty :)

What training methods do you use? Positive reinforcement? Corrections? both

Name: Kaos

Nickname: Chook

Breed: Staffordshire Bull Terrier

Picture: in my sig

Where did you get them from? breeder

How often do you exercise your dog? I try to get her out for a walk at least every second day

Do they know any commands? come, sit, drop, bang (play dead), get it (pick up whatever I have dropped, handy when you are doing the washing and drop a peg!)

Compete in any dog sports? nope

Favourite treat: cheese

Favourite toy: a hard chewy thing we got from Wagsalot

Funny habits or quirks: too many to write

What's their personality like? she is crazy, loves people but has no respect for personal space

Do they get along well with other dogs? no

Are they scared of anything? new tiles that she has not walked on before, and a bunch of balloons (one balloon is ok, but a bunch scares her) and dogs

What training methods do you use? Positive reinforcement? Corrections? both

Name... Oscar

Nickname..Ossie

Breed...Labrador

Age... 7-9 months we think

Breeder unknown...rehomed from AWL

Walked..at least once sometimes twice a day

Commands ...sits well at curbs learning to sit before barging into his meals, and house toilet training, which is very good so far only failed 3 times so far, in the week we've had him.

Compete in sport...no

Favourite treat...a piece of carrot and some dried food in his kong.

Favourite Toy...blue rubbery chew and his kong

Funny habits...thinks he's allowed to spring into our bed at 4 in the morning :) and sounds like a cat purring when he snores.

Personality...full off energy, is very good with people and children.

Do the get along with other dogs....doesn't seem to at present, but hoping we can change that.

Scared of anything....doesn't appear to be yet

Name: Elspan Barkly Blue ("Barkly")

Nickname: Monkey Boy

Breed: Cocker Spaniel

Picture: [attached below]

How often do you exercise your dog? Off lead walk daily. Agility daily.

Do they know any commands?Standard obedience stuff plus agility stuff. Speak, spin, back up, high five, shake, lots more.

Compete in any dog sports?Agility (JD so far)

Favourite treat: Raw beef

Favourite toy: Sheepy tug toy. Balls.

Funny habits or quirksHis tongue nearly always pokes out

What's their personality like? Bright, happy, a little bit demanding. Super smart. Loves to work.

Do they get along well with other dogs?Yes...but is usually more interested in sniffing the ground or working/playing with me. Likes playing with some smaller dogs.

Are they scared of anything?A little bit timid when approached by new big dogs.

What training methods do you use?Positive. Clicker.

_MG_4778.jpg

Name: Clancy and Connor

Nickname: as above - no nicknames!

Breed: Whippets

Picture: end of message

Where did you get them from? Registered Breeders

How often do you exercise your dog? am is either a walk and free run or walk and training / pm is our usual walk around school grounds also socialising walks at week-ends along foreshore or at pet park

Do they know any commands? Clancy has his CCD, Connor is in training for trialling

Compete in any dog sports? OT and Show

Favourite treat: kabana and some yummy peanut butter dog biscuits that smell so nice I really want to try one!

Favourite toy: pink squeaky and hefalump squeaky and Connor's snuggle pup that still goes to bed with him most nights

Funny habits or quirks: Clancy has a habit of greeting me by coming through my legs from behind then stopping and looking up to me! Connor just

loves to wrap himself around my neck

What's their personality like? Clancy can be a bit aloof, he is definately 'top dog' of the two, Connor is a little shadow dog, follows me everywhere and

Always checks with Clancy if he is doing the right thing or if he is about to be grrd at.

Do they get along well with other dogs? Usually, bit wary at first if the dog is a bit too excited though.

Are they scared of anything? They can be a bit worried by small excitable children as they have had limited exposure to kids - hell even I get scared of

them at times!

What training methods do you use? Positive reinforcement? Corrections? Positive!

post-1787-1276084877.jpg

Annie