Remember My Dog Who Is Keen On The Cats?

Kirty

The look on Phoebe's face is priceless! :) What a cute little kitty too!

My parents have a grouchy old alpha male cat who was born at home after we had our dog (who has since passed :laugh:) for many years, and watching them together was hilarious. We never would've figured this grouchy boy would even consider playing with a dog, but he was quite lost when she passed on about 2-3 years ago now.

He used to let her groom him, play around, etc. and when she was locked outdoors, he would stand at the grill gate separating them, sticking his paw out for her to lick, and then sleep at the grill keeping her company :)

Edited by Hello Gorgeous

Just gorgeous. Our cat was like that with our Danes - she was their first and was the boss and they knew their place. They all used to sleep together. Every now and then the younger dane would give chase, but the cat would stand her ground and then swipe him - he certainly backed off. :)

cute stuff indeed

just watch it though

cats are great with dogs and if you have a cat that can stand its ground and be confident then youll be ok with a dog that is relaxed

but things can change..if your cat skits across the yard your dog can still get excited and give chase and if the dog is scratched by an alarmed cat then it is tit for tat and the cat loses

we have two ragdolls..chilled boys and they know not to run..they wait til the dogs are occupied then slink around

theyre mostly indoors but do venture into the garden but if theyre eager to get food.,...two of our dogs will give chase for the fun of it

could be nasty but the cats just lie down and give up...get their heads swallowed but no blood is drawn

if the cats are just lying around then the dogs dont bother them at all

percyk, my cats are strictly indoor only and the dogs are only inside when we are home. The cats and dogs are never ever unsupervised together. And I am particularly cautious with Phoebe because she is very excited by the cats. :( I don't trust the dogs with the cats, especially when they are all together. Its just not worth the risk.