Dog Backpacks

Bump so people can see what backpack we chose in the end. Extremely happy with it, love the extra padding underneath the body so the straps do not rub. Have not used it in the car yet, but looking forward to it.

So what did you choose in the end?

Chose the Ruffwear Palisades Pack. See First Post for Photo. Very happy with it and the water bladders are great.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump so people can see what backpack we chose in the end. Extremely happy with it, love the extra padding underneath the body so the straps do not rub. Have not used it in the car yet, but looking forward to it.

So what did you choose in the end?

Chose the Ruffwear Palisades Pack. See First Post for Photo. Very happy with it and the water bladders are great.

Looks good on him! :thumbsup: Where did you purchase it from?

I bought it from Waggle Wear, extremely happy with them. Lots of payment options, good for those like me who do not own a credit card. Also extremely fast, arrived here within a few days and great communication. Cannot speak highly enough of their service.

What one did you end up getting golden girl?

I bought it from Waggle Wear, extremely happy with them. Lots of payment options, good for those like me who do not own a credit card. Also extremely fast, arrived here within a few days and great communication. Cannot speak highly enough of their service.

What one did you end up getting golden girl?

Didnt, they replied to my email saying there was an error in supply and would I like to credit my payment, told them I have no interest in the rest of their overpriced items and Ill have a refund, apologies to anyone who knows anyone involved with petitude but I think their service is ridiculous

Might save up for the one you have, it looks good

I ended up buying one from petitude, not happy I paid for it on the 17th and im yet to receive anything, I emailed them this morning so hopefully Ill get some answers off them

Same and after no response for nearly 2 weeks I emailed them and they said it was being sent out late June to middle of July and I ended up emailing them again yesterday as it is now nearly the end of July, not happy with their service, very poor indeed in fact it took two weeks to even email me back, wouldn't purchase from this supplier again :)

I have one of the old Palisade packs that I don't use if anyone would like a cheap second hand one. It's never been used, but I use the harness on Kivi all the time, so that bit has seen a bit of wear. Kivi hates wearing the pack and I decided it wasn't worth counter conditioning him to it because we never go on long enough outings to really use it anyway.

Wolfgirl they claim they sent out an email saying there was a mixup in the supply, I never received it and if you didnt Im guessing they didnt send it, tell them you want a refund they tried to get me to use my money as credit on something else

I have one of the old Palisade packs that I don't use if anyone would like a cheap second hand one. It's never been used, but I use the harness on Kivi all the time, so that bit has seen a bit of wear. Kivi hates wearing the pack and I decided it wasn't worth counter conditioning him to it because we never go on long enough outings to really use it anyway.

What size is it and how much are you after for it?

It's a size large. I'd have to see how clean I can get the harness. I washed it not long ago and it came up very clean, but there's a bit of hair stuck in the velcro. I'd say $25 is probably fair, but if you're still interested I'll take some photos and you can decide.

It's a size large. I'd have to see how clean I can get the harness. I washed it not long ago and it came up very clean, but there's a bit of hair stuck in the velcro. I'd say $25 is probably fair, but if you're still interested I'll take some photos and you can decide.

Photos please! does it have the water bladders in it as well? or is it a different one?

Would the large fit a Goldie? Im only guessing it will

Edited by GoldenGirl85

Haha, well, the harness at least has seen some hard use. The Ruffwear gear is certainly made well and it'll be good for many years, but it's far from mint condition. The backpack itself has never been used, but it's been stored outside and is a bit on the dusty side. Not too bad, though. Looks new. It does have water bladders, but I have no idea how to fill them. They are the cask style. I got it quite cheap as a closeout.

In full disclosure, I do find the straps on the harness tend to slowly slip over time. I never have to touch Erik's harness straps as they hold fine, but Kivi's I tend to have to tighten every couple of weeks. We use it pretty much every day. I wanted to buy him one of the new Web Master harnesses because I was getting tired of checking the straps, but really I just wanted the shiny new style. :laugh:

I think it would fit a GR fine. Kivi is about the same size as a golden, but with more hair. The harness is a bit wet atm as Kivi got hosed off this afternoon after deciding to sneak off to the swamp at the dog park, so I'll take a photo of it tomorrow when it is hopefully dry.

Sorry guys Im claiming it :laugh: :laugh:

Price is perfect because Im not really planning on using it as a harness or on a daily basis just for the occasional long walk or when I dont feel like carrying the bits and pieces, might get more use later on but for now this will be perfect!

Wolfgirl they claim they sent out an email saying there was a mixup in the supply, I never received it and if you didnt Im guessing they didnt send it, tell them you want a refund they tried to get me to use my money as credit on something else

Yep I never got the email and I have lots of trouble getting them to even email me back when I have emailed them, my last email was Thursday and still no response. They have a blog section so I might look at going on there and letting them know how poor their service is especially in responding to customers queries and I will definitely want a refund and in the meantime all I have to say is

PETTITUDE SUCK :laugh:

Price is perfect because Im not really planning on using it as a harness or on a daily basis just for the occasional long walk or when I dont feel like carrying the bits and pieces, might get more use later on but for now this will be perfect!

And so you should, GG. For $25 there is no way you could knock that back. :laugh::cry:

And so you should, GG. For $25 there is no way you could knock that back. :laugh::cry:

haha, Im just glad I looked this thread up today...I dont even know what made me look for it lol

I ended up buying one from petitude, not happy I paid for it on the 17th and im yet to receive anything, I emailed them this morning so hopefully Ill get some answers off them

I've purchased from them before and I'd definitely not recommend them (for a number of reasons).

To answer the OP, my greyhound has a Black Dog Wear backpack, it's pretty basic but it seems comfortable enough and he doesn't try to get it off.

Photos of our Palisades pack:

Pallisades3.jpg

The harness. It is currently missing its fleece sleeves for the straps, but I believe we have both of them still. We just took them off because they were annoying and Kivi didn't need them with all his hair. I would wash it again!

Pallisades2.jpg

The fur stuck in the velcro. I can get at least some of it out, but not sure how much.

Pallisades1.jpg

The pack. Don't mind Erik's head. He wouldn't get out of the way.

Pallisades4.jpg

Kivi wearing it. Now that I think about it Kivi is a bit smaller than a Golden, I think. Just fluffier. At any rate, it would fit a dog his size and up. A very trim GR might be a bit lighter build and thus smaller around the girth? Kivi doesn't have it tightened to the minimum size, so I guess it should still fit. Maybe check the Ruffwear site if you're not sure?