Saddest New Today

W Sibs

About a year ago... I had a house guest name Cooper (maltese x shih tzu) for about 5 weeks while his family were going to France. He was partly deaf, hyperactive and no mannered 13 years old dog, who there was a time, that drove me up the wall, but a delightful houseguest. Charlie and him adored each other.

Today, I found out that he has brain cancer. He has been having seizures for the past few months and no one really knew why... till today. The pass few months, he has slowed down a lot. He can no longer hold his bladder and sleeps a lot more. The vets gave him some pain meds to stop the pain of the swelling of the brain... there is nothing else anyone can do.

4708104523_504b095246.jpg

4708742516_1c2c0311b8.jpg

Oh CW, how sad :mad

Poor little Cooper, he is so cute! I'm sure he has had a good life of being loved and hopefully he won't suffer too much in his last days.

My brother-in-law has just gone from Sydney down to Canberra to say goodbye to his family dog, she has throat cancer and they think they will need to let her go this weekend. I'm lucky not to have had to make that decision for my pets so far, but I imagine it is such a sad and difficult time for anyone who has to go through it :shrug:

thanks guys.

from what i understand, the final decision will go to my friend's brother (cooper's rightful owner)... the other family member are preparing their goodbyes with cooper, but the brother is the one who's having the hardest time saying his goodbyes.

Edited by CW EW

We just went through this 2 weeks ago today in fact ....

Quite often over the years on here i have heard people asking how will you know when its time.... With Kira we knew by the look in her eyes and her body language so we knew that she was suffering and it was time to give her, her wings :eek:

It is very very sad but we got her ashes back on Tuesday so she is back home with us ;)

Hope everything works out for the best for Cooper :laugh:

We just went through this 2 weeks ago today in fact ....

Quite often over the years on here i have heard people asking how will you know when its time.... With Kira we knew by the look in her eyes and her body language so we knew that she was suffering and it was time to give her, her wings ;)

It is very very sad but we got her ashes back on Tuesday so she is back home with us :rofl:

Hope everything works out for the best for Cooper :laugh:

I'm so sorry to hear this :eek:

So sad, goes hand in hand with owning a pet or two....

Cooper is lucky to have had such a caring and loving home and I hope that he is allowed to go without suffering any longer. Hugs to Cooper.