Dogs Are "unclean" And Not To Be Kept As Pets

MarieC

Our civilised christian country has a great track record with animals, lets kill over 10,000 dogs so the evil pitbulls don't eat us all alive on the streets. Lets not start on the destruction of our native species.

Ignorance, stupidity and cruelty is alive well wherever humans walk.

True enough, cruelty is very much alive in every nook and cranny, unfortunately. My gripe is when a particular nationality with certain beliefs tries to enforce those beliefs onto other people after they are the very ones to emigrate into another country. The point that I was trying to make is that I have had it up to my neck in people making absurd excuses for certain countries. Animal cruelty is just that - CRUELTY - and no excuses should be entered into!

Edited by Moselle

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh. Different cultures, different beliefs.

Least they don't eat em ey? ;)

No, but they can be very, very inhumane. I have a friend serving in Afghanistan at the moment, he asked a local why none of the dogs have ears, apparently it makes them more aggresive having their ears cut off. The dog fighting problem s endemic in many muslim countries and in Afghanistan it is a public holiday for the biggest dog fighting day of the year, apparently by the end of the day 100,s of dogs are killed and maimed. Religiously sanctioned animal abuse is stil abuse.

When the taliban came to power in Afghanistan, the pets were rounded up and taken from peoples houses and burned on a large pyre by the religious zeolots. I read a book about a family who managed to smuggle their dogs out just before the dog killings began.

The koran however has a subclause about dogs, it says about all dogs being unclean except Salukis, who are classed as the hound of Allah and not really dogs but something very special and quite okay to share a tent with.

Err, no. You're friend is putting the cart before the horse.

The dogs'ears are cropped off because (as your friend would have noticed)

there are no vets within cooee;

cropping the ears prevents injury and infection.

:D

NB: There has always been dog fighting in Afghanistan. From the time there were shepherds with sheep there were fights between dogs.

Common sense would indicate that severing a dog's ears is most definitely not to prevent infection esp. dogs with prick ears. Feeble excuse I'm afraid.

Common sense and research could also prove that circumcision of little boys does nothing but it still goes ion in "civilised" countries!

;)

there is not a lot of common sense in the world wherever you go!~

I would love to know what kind of research has taken place to prove that circumcision of little boys does nothing? I think it goes a long way towards cleanliness - that is my experience, not on a personal basis as I don't have anything hanging between my legs but via....well, you know what I mean :mad

The whole idea that any natural thing be it human or animal or vegetable of mineral...whatever you like .......can be regarded by the adherants of any religions as unclean..for whatever reason...certain foods....eg .....mestruating women ...uncircumcised baby boys...is a whole lot of bovine manure...as are many of the traditions of the established religions.

The whole idea that any natural thing be it human or animal or vegetable of mineral...whatever you like .......can be regarded by the adherants of any religions as unclean..for whatever reason...certain foods....eg .....mestruating women ...uncircumcised baby boys...is a whole lot of bovine manure...as are many of the traditions of the established religions.

:) :D

Least they don't eat em ey? :D

No, but they can be very, very inhumane. I have a friend serving in Afghanistan at the moment, he asked a local why none of the dogs have ears, apparently it makes them more aggresive having their ears cut off. The dog fighting problem s endemic in many muslim countries and in Afghanistan it is a public holiday for the biggest dog fighting day of the year, apparently by the end of the day 100,s of dogs are killed and maimed. Religiously sanctioned animal abuse is stil abuse.

When the taliban came to power in Afghanistan, the pets were rounded up and taken from peoples houses and burned on a large pyre by the religious zeolots. I read a book about a family who managed to smuggle their dogs out just before the dog killings began.

The koran however has a subclause about dogs, it says about all dogs being unclean except Salukis, who are classed as the hound of Allah and not really dogs but something very special and quite okay to share a tent with.

:)

NB: There has always been dog fighting in Afghanistan. From the time there were shepherds with sheep there were fights between dogs.

Common sense would indicate that severing a dog's ears is most definitely not to prevent infection esp. dogs with prick ears. Feeble excuse I'm afraid.

Common sense and research could also prove that circumcision of little boys does nothing but it still goes ion in "civilised" countries!

;)

I would love to know what kind of research has taken place to prove that circumcision of little boys does nothing? I think it goes a long way towards cleanliness - that is my experience, not on a personal basis as I don't have anything hanging between my legs but via....well, you know what I mean :(

am not debating this topic read it on the net!! lol Been researched as much as the anti and pro tail docking! lol

Edited by Wazzat Xolo

Least they don't eat em ey? :)

;)

:(

I would love to know what kind of research has taken place to prove that circumcision of little boys does nothing? I think it goes a long way towards cleanliness - that is my experience, not on a personal basis as I don't have anything hanging between my legs but via....well, you know what I mean :rofl:

am not debating this topic read it on the net!! lol Been researched as much as the anti and pro tail docking! lol

Fair enough :D Personally, I don't mind sharpei's providing we are talking dogs :eek:

You're right....notions of 'unclean' tend to peter out or get watered down as new knowledge comes to hand. Or under the influence of other cultures.

For all those reasons, there's huge variety across people who practice the Islamic faith, in regard to attitude about dogs. In this modern world.

Right from the fundamentalism of the bloke speaking out from Iran (where obviously a heck of a lot of people don't share his view of dogs), right thro' to the US Islamic scholar who loves his rescued dogs.)

The 'beliefs' often started in the mist of time in contexts where there was no scientific tradition to question them....& they were thought to have some connection with health & hygiene.

Edited by mita

I would love to know what kind of research has taken place to prove that circumcision of little boys does nothing? I think it goes a long way towards cleanliness

So does bathing! the hospital where we just had our baby girl doesn't even practise circumcision, we were told incase we had a boy.

I would love to know what kind of research has taken place to prove that circumcision of little boys does nothing? I think it goes a long way towards cleanliness

So does bathing! the hospital where we just had our baby girl doesn't even practise circumcision, we were told incase we had a boy.

Mmm, a hospital that does not offer free choice! They pretty much decide what has to go.

Mmm, a hospital that does not offer free choice! They pretty much decide what has to go.

I don't think it was about free choice but rather on the medical grounds that unless there is something wrong with the foreskin there is no reason to perform a circumcision.

Our civilised christian country has a great track record with animals, lets kill over 10,000 dogs so the evil pitbulls don't eat us all alive on the streets. Lets not start on the destruction of our native species.

Ignorance, stupidity and cruelty is alive well wherever humans walk.

Excellent point Crisovar

Edited by Aussie3

Least they don't eat em ey? :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

I would love to know what kind of research has taken place to prove that circumcision of little boys does nothing? I think it goes a long way towards cleanliness - that is my experience, not on a personal basis as I don't have anything hanging between my legs but via....well, you know what I mean :laugh:

Even as I type I know I should just leave this alone, but alas, I cannot. If parents teach their children how to clean their genitals properly there is NO reason to remove the foreskin. It reduces sensation and must be a horrific experience for a baby. If we are born with it, there is a reason for it to be there.

Good point Cisovar, also what our so called civilised society does to chickens in farms and horses in some steeple chase events. Some societies even chemically burn horses flesh to gait them, but I bet whatever society you look at they have flaws!!

J

Try and google Tenesee Walking horse ot these brave fellows

The Cowboys

Speaking from experience, with a son that was born with foreskin then had to have it removed at 7 years of age due to "true" phimosis, there are definately reasons to have it done.

I guess there are also differences in western culture in this regard. It is quite uncommon here to have foreskin removal at birth yet when I worked as an RN1 in the USA it was done as a matter of procedure. It was rare to not get it done there at the hospitals I went to.

Those who have frequented overseas can tell you themselves that culture can be quite different from one English speaking country to the next.

anyway back onto the topic of dogs.....

I basically agree. Dogs are unclean. They drag dirt into the house, and the bed if you allow them. They eat disgusting stuff with great relish. Etc. etc. I love 'em anyway. But I can't see the point of getting upset that some fraction of the people of some faith that I don't understand very well find dogs as pets intolerable. If they cross the line and try to impose their beliefs on others , they deserve a fight.

Its not crossing the line. What line ?

Most people try and impose some belief or another on someone else, this forum is an excellent example :laugh:

If some people want to do it with religion it's upto them. Your response can range from accepting their information, engaging them in debate, politely telling them your not interested, or telling them to **** off.

I hope this thread doesn't turn into an Islam, Muslim bashing thread. I really do.

My brother is a practicing muslim STRICT practicing muslim I own two dogs and when he lived with me he had no problems with my dogs. He respected that my dogs live inside travel etc so this is not a blanket attitude for all muslims. Also many of my muslim friends own dogs and actually I sold a puppy (I work at a shelter) to a lovely Muslim family a few weeks back.

I'm not going into the religion debate but to each his own.

(Edited to add the word bashing minus it and the sentence does NOT look good :laugh:)

Edited by jackie_a1